Battlefield 5

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Ray Tracing beast mode as long as you have a 60hz monitor

2. Post
    Guess I need an NVIDIA card now

Edit: love the new map, panzerstorm. Took almost fill upgraded valentine flanking at the start, nuked two tigers from behind and then escaped they clearly didn't have turret speed upgrades.
    Last edited by purplez; 7th December 2018 at 5:11 pm.

3. Post
    Why does it only work with a 60hz monitor, compared to a 144hz?

4. Post
    It works with all screens.

He is just saying performance is relatively average (60fps) so no point having a higher refresh monitor if you plan to run 1440P @ max settings with ultra DXR. Turn DXR off and you'll make better use of the 144hz screen.

5. Post
    BF 5 has 33% off standard and Deluxe on the origin store

6. Post
    choice. Got 40% off with my month of origin access discount added.

7. Post
    Yeah, they just further pissed off the people who pre-ordered the game at full price (their most diehard customers). Pretty dumb move, but those pre-order numbers must have been really shite for them to be willing to do this less than a month after launch.

8. Post
    Sucks when I paid $99

9. Post
    Damnit I forgot to cancel my Origin premier sub, so just got billed for another month - I haven't played the game since the 13th...

Guess I'll give the new content a whirl then.

10. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Yeah, they just further pissed off the people who pre-ordered the game at full price (their most diehard customers). Pretty dumb move, but those pre-order numbers must have been really shite for them to be willing to do this less than a month after launch.
    I pre ordered, cancelled (as there was literally no point). Got origin access for a month instead. Now get a 40% discount. Still essentially paid $80ish for it, but beats $99.

11. Post
    TTK/TTD patch adjustment has happened

Full notes not around yet but there is a bit of a note about it from the reddit thread

Hi Battlefield V Community,

First and foremost, it’s important to have a healthy dialog between our community and our development teams here at DICE. We’ve got that! We’re thankful for your persistence with being vocal through launch to help us identify and address game issues – please note we’re still hammering out a few improvements for some outstanding ones.

One of the more trending conversations since the game has released is around TTK (Time to Kill) and TTD (Time to Death). Both are closely intertwined with each other. Again, thanks to feedback from the majority of our community, we will be making some changes to our TTK/TTD damage models. The new changes directly impacts TTK across the game. This is to ensure a more even gameplay experience for all of our players. These changes will roll out globally across all servers starting on Wednesday, December 12th.

Please dive in and let us know how the changes feel. We will be providing a change list with their implementation tomorrow.

Alongside these changes, we are still working on elements related to TTD improvements including netcode, damage and health feedback, and much more.

We also recognize that a highly engaged portion of our community prefers the current damage model as it is. To account for this, we have set up a new server playlist called “Conquest Core”. This will be live tomorrow as well. Please use this new playlist when comparing the two models as your feedback on both is instrumental in helping us improve Battlefield V’s gameplay experience. Additionally, this new playlist will evolve over time and is the first step toward a traditional Battlefield “Hardcore” experience.

We thank you for your feedback as we continue to refine Battlefield V, and also thank you for your time as you test out the two damage models.

See you on the Battlefield!The Teams at EA and DICE

Edit: Edited the post as there were typos in the dates. Also added a line about providing change list tomorrow.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield..._out_tomorrow/

12. Post
    Jesus Origin's a heap of shit when it comes to downloading. 3 hours to download 23gbs of patches.

13. Post
    Sverin wrote:
    Jesus Origin's a heap of shit when it comes to downloading. 3 hours to download 23gbs of patches.
    Must be something you're doing.
    Took me 15 mins.

14. Post
    Could just be his ISP. I did 15GB in about 5 mins, but it slowed down to ADSL speeds at the end.

15. Post
    Nah it's deffo Origin

16. Post
    Origin's shit like that. I've gone through two support tickets and tried everything attempting to sort my speeds - given up. I think it's because origin's CDN thinks my ISP is somewhere else?

When EA decided that they would temporarily ban all non-Oceania players from the Oceania servers when they were having heaps of issues with BF1, I was (one of the many) banned despite being in NZ with an NZ isp.

I get 2-4mbit but when a fresh patch is released I can be well under 1mbit. Pretty much means I can't play on the day a patch comes out.

17. Post
    Use Dev mode if your Origin downloads suck, that's what I have to use to speed them up.

18. Post
    I haven't really played since the TTK changes came in. Didn't think it would bother me that much but it has. It was fine the way it was.

19. Post
    Cant even play the friggen game as it makes my GFX card (1070) crank at 100 percent.

20. Post
    Equity wrote:
    Cant even play the friggen game as it makes my GFX card (1070) crank at 100 percent.
    What's wrong with that?

21. Post
    The TTK changes are being reverted. I guess at least they're listening to the community.

22. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    Use Dev mode if your Origin downloads suck, that's what I have to use to speed them up.
    I do - it went from barely functional to very slow.

Somewhat frustrating when my friends around the corner can be playing after a patch in minutes and for me it's hours. On an otherwise ****ing awesomely consistent 100/40 connection.

23. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    What's wrong with that?
    In the menus - and running at 100 percent sends the temp way way high. Ill burn my card out. Only does this in BF5 - my CPU doesnt seem tp run it well either....sigh