1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    A perfect ten? That's bound to be polarising. /popcorn

3. Post
    anyone know how much a PS4 upgrade costs if you already own a physical PS3 version? Or will they upgrade digital copies only?

4. Post
    Tony Cipriani wrote:
    anyone know how much a PS4 upgrade costs if you already own a physical PS3 version? Or will they upgrade digital copies only?
    About $75 for digital
    Or about $70 for physical

5. Post
    I'd heard that you could pay a fee to upgrade your existing copy through PSN

6. Post
    Tony Cipriani wrote:
    I'd heard that you could pay a fee to upgrade your existing copy through PSN
    Nah. You get in game bonuses by having the previous game and your character transfers, but no cheap game sorry.

7. Post
    I see, thanks for the clarification. I think I'll wait for PC.

8. Post
    iRoN wrote:
    A perfect ten? That's bound to be polarising. /popcorn
    10/10 doesn't mean perfection FWIW. Just that it's really fking good

9. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    10/10 doesn't mean perfection FWIW. Just that it's really fking good
    Unless you're Famitsu.

10. Post
    PC 12/10 then imo

11. Post
    I got this on the xbox one cause I didn't bother too much with the last gen of consoles and hadn't played 5 yet. Really enjoying the story so far, and first person shooting is sweet (even though I can't aim for **** with an analogue stick).

I think first person driving is really hard compared to third person, and driving in general feels more difficult than 4, but I played A LOT of 4 and it was on PC.

I use third person for just random running around the world and driving, and just jam into first person when a gun fight breaks out. I really like how seamlessly you can change between the two modes.

12. Post
    JC wrote:
    PC 12/10 then imo
    This, if pretty but laggy PS4 gets 10, then PC is 12

13. Post
    The game is worth it simply for the Xbox One's "Xbox record that" feature

14. Post
    I have a couple of questions for James or anyone else that has played the new gen version.

1. Is there now a decent rock and/or metal radio station?
    2. Has there been any depth added to the AI? I never played gta5 before but I've heard the AI was significantly dumbed down from gta4 and you didn't see very much happening in the world without your direct intervention.

15. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Unless you're Famitsu.
    10/40 is not a good famitsu score :P

idk if i'm alone on this though so correct me if i am wrong, but if GP is doing goty games is it wrong of me to ask if it's possible not to include remasters? just seems a bit potentially unfair to other games that came out this year

16. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    10/40 is not a good famitsu score :P

idk if i'm alone on this though so correct me if i am wrong, but if GP is doing goty games is it wrong of me to ask if it's possible not to include remasters? just seems a bit potentially unfair to other games that came out this year
    If GP has the enough staff who have enough time and a they get supplied necessary review code then I don't see why ANYTHING should taken off the table, regardless of what it is.

If there's anything which you feel is under-represented, (eg a Vita visual novel) then you could always spend your own money and time, write a review and send it to Matt Maguire. He might publish it.

17. Post
    I think you've misunderstood his post. He's saying he doesn't think that "remastered" games should be included for potential GOTY award polls or whatever.

18. Post
    Oh right, then seems like a fair request. I do agree, generally games released for the first time during the current year should only be eligible for GotY awards.

HOWEVER there are exceptions. Eg I'd accept 2014 English versions of foreign language games from previous years for 2014 GotY awards.

19. Post
    best thing ever

20. Post
    ^
    White Supremacist Simulator.

21. Post
    Can't wait to play this

22. Post
    Kolzi wrote:
    I have a couple of questions for James or anyone else that has played the new gen version.

1. Is there now a decent rock and/or metal radio station?
    2. Has there been any depth added to the AI? I never played gta5 before but I've heard the AI was significantly dumbed down from gta4 and you didn't see very much happening in the world without your direct intervention.
    They added 162 songs to all the stations, no new stations. Strange there's not a metal station at all actually

I'm finding getting online not very functional at the moment.