1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Have they beefed up the amount of missions? To me it felt like the shortest story in the whole series which was a little disappointing. Still a fair amount of content but yeah, I wanted it to keep going.

3. Post
    yeah plus the missions were a lot less challenging than the older games

4. Post
    pretty sure the length of the story remains unchanged

i was disappointed by how short it was, and that the strength of the police in freeroam left nothing interesting to do

5. Post
    It may of felt short but when you died on missions you didnt have to reload your game or start back and the hospital and you didnt have to run back to the mission marker when you fail. There were also checkpoints in the missions so you didnt have to restart completely.

6. Post
    FenderCore wrote:
    It may of felt short but when you died on missions you didnt have to reload your game or start back and the hospital and you didnt have to run back to the mission marker when you fail. There were also checkpoints in the missions so you didnt have to restart completely.
    I didn't like the checkpoints, It made the game way to easy, I think there should of been only one check point at the start of the mission like GTA IV

7. Post
    There is even a skip mission button I don't know if any of you are hopeless enough at gaming to have seen it I am playing atm with my flatmate sometimes retrying missions 3-5 times when it's his turn.. I noticed the option appears to skip mission which I thought was pretty crap..

8. Post
    All of this is amazing, but have they fixed the fact you get instant heat seeking cops on you when you fire a single shot from a silenced pistol at 4am in the middle of the desert where there is not even any wildlife let alone an NPC with a cellphone?

9. Post
    I'm very glad they put the checkpoint system in, that was definitely one of the most aggravating things about the older GTAs, especially needing to go and heal up and buy Kevlar all the time...

But yeah, I'd say the story isn't actually all that short, it's just things like that which made it feel shorter and smoother

10. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    I'm very glad they put the checkpoint system in, that was definitely one of the most aggravating things about the older GTAs, especially needing to go and heal up and buy Kevlar all the time...

But yeah, I'd say the story isn't actually all that short, it's just things like that which made it feel shorter and smoother
    TBH I feel like this is a very common complaint for open-world or sand-box games; if you rush through the story mission, bypassing side missions, beautiful scenery and/or general exploration, then yes, your open-world / sand-box game will be very short. That's because the game is purpose-built for you to take part in enjoying all of those things.

If you want a game that's purpose built for a lengthy SP Story campaign, go play a linear SP campaign instead of open-world games like GTA / AC / Shadows of Mordor?

11. Post
    I think GTA IV story felt longer because it was so bloody dull and had you driving doing mundane things all the time. ZzZZZz

GTA V is far more entertaining in every way for me personally. I think it's the second GTA I've actually finished because the main story has kept my attention (Vice City was the other one).... even though 9/10 times on a mission I stray because I find something shiny and get all distracted

12. Post
    yeah distractions were a big thing for me, I had a lot of mission retrys because of it - which wasnt so bad

half was my obvious incompetence, but the other half was me thinking "whats happens if i do X" mid way through a mission, resulting in a mission failed

13. Post
    so geed for first person GTA