Page 2 of 2 First 12
Results 26 to 35 of 35

  1. Post
    #26
    I've hired it for the week and am probably about 4 hours through. Doubt I'll finish it - feel like I'm already 'into the groove' of what to expect for the rest of the game. Though I am keen to see where the story takes me (have read spoilers which intrigued me)

  2. Post
    #27
    Up to chapter 15 so only a few to go, and boy do I not understand the criticisms. Game has engaged me throughout, and while the story arc hasn't been entirely unexpected, it is still solid. Besides, the gameplay itself is a tense and terrifying affair (just what I was looking for), and the environment design incredible - I'd love to just wander around the station if it wasn't so likely to result in my death.

    I honestly wonder if people are playing too cautiously (i.e. spending far too long in lockers) and because of that not having a good time. Or maybe rushing around making too much noise (seen vids of people with their motion trackers out near-constantly) and dying repeatedly. I've died a bunch, but not a huge number of times (normal difficulty), and have made good progress through the game. And found it awesome.

  3. Post
    #28
    Finished it last night, enjoyed it quite a lot but the ending was a real letdown. After 16 hours or so, an ending of that quality is a fairly big punch in the dick tbh.

    I'm going to go through the extra campaigns over the next few days. I tried Crew Expendable but got stuck getting the alien to go into the airlock - he just didn't want to go.

  4. Post
    #29
    The Aliens franchise left a mark on me from my childhood (only thing I think I have lost sleep to) and I still struggle to watch/play anything where you are a human and the Aliens are involved! Playing as the Pred in AVP wasnt too scary because I felt powerful, but the helpless feeling just causes me to tense up so much. Just had my first encounter of any sort with the Alien and called it for the night!

    Will be a struggle but I do want to play it through! might just take awhile.

  5. Post
    #30
    Xev wrote:
    Finished it last night, enjoyed it quite a lot but the ending was a real letdown. After 16 hours or so, an ending of that quality is a fairly big punch in the dick tbh.

    I'm going to go through the extra campaigns over the next few days. I tried Crew Expendable but got stuck getting the alien to go into the airlock - he just didn't want to go.
    Agree that most of the final chapter was fairly meh, since you are expecting things to escalate to a dramatic conclusion, and they don't. Everything up to there was great fun though, and the final moments were a great way to leave things. Can't help but wonder if they will attempt another Alien(s) game, since you'd certainly risk it being just more of the same.

  6. Post
    #31
    the3toedsloth wrote:
    Agree that most of the final chapter was fairly meh, since you are expecting things to escalate to a dramatic conclusion, and they don't. Everything up to there was great fun though, and the final moments were a great way to leave things. Can't help but wonder if they will attempt another Alien(s) game, since you'd certainly risk it being just more of the same.
    Don't think I could cope with more. 16 hours of that and it's gotten pretty old. I enjoyed it, but if they throw out a sequel with few changes I won't be interested. If they made some significant improvements then maybe.

  7. Post
    #32
    it is a great Alien game, had a few tense moments during it but very glad i played it

  8. Post
    #33
    Picked this up on sale from Steam a few weeks back. Can't say I'm enjoying it...

    The environment looks great, and it has that scary/tense atmosphere. But the environmental interaction and general gameplay is lacking. Lots of old retro looking computers and terminals, and you can't do jack with them. Or you walk past a terminal that has no interaction, only to have to go back to it a few minutes later after you've triggered the story event.

    Ripley's movement is clunky a fark. Slowing me down intentionally during some sequences to add dramatic effect? Lame sauce. Just let me sprint whenever I want. I'm supposed to be scared and running away from things. Why can't I jump or vault over waist high objects?

    Watching humans shoot white lines towards me that represent bullets. Wha?!

    The UI is all kinds of consolised. Great big orange flashing items of interest. Having to use keyboard instead of mouse to select things. Getting terminal options stuck on my HUD when I walk backwards without pressing 'Q' to go back out of the terminal options.

    I am disappoint.

  9. Post
    #34
    Haisley wrote:
    Picked this up on sale from Steam a few weeks back. Can't say I'm enjoying it...

    The environment looks great, and it has that scary/tense atmosphere. But the environmental interaction and general gameplay is lacking. Lots of old retro looking computers and terminals, and you can't do jack with them. Or you walk past a terminal that has no interaction, only to have to go back to it a few minutes later after you've triggered the story event.

    Ripley's movement is clunky a fark. Slowing me down intentionally during some sequences to add dramatic effect? Lame sauce. Just let me sprint whenever I want. I'm supposed to be scared and running away from things. Why can't I jump or vault over waist high objects?

    Watching humans shoot white lines towards me that represent bullets. Wha?!

    The UI is all kinds of consolised. Great big orange flashing items of interest. Having to use keyboard instead of mouse to select things. Getting terminal options stuck on my HUD when I walk backwards without pressing 'Q' to go back out of the terminal options.

    I am disappoint.
    I think a large part of the game's enjoyment is how deeply you get immersed in the "world" simulation. Personally, I bought in big time. I love this game. Its scary as hell, and "feels" right. Not a soldier, not even someone who is trained in any combat, or in physical pursuits. Ripley's mechanics feel fine, and the ship itself feels very true to Alien.

    I think I might reinstall this on the weekend.

  10. Post
    #35
    Yeah I loved this game as well. Loved the atmosphere & immersiveness. Also loved the authentic retro look. Only downsides were the android parts and the game did drag on a bit towards the end.