1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I'm enjoying it. I prefer running the household rather than playing in the now semi-removed "outside world" of The Sims 3.

It's a great game for anyone new to the series, and to those that can see past the removal of past features.

Good review over all, but I'm not sure if it's fair to score it based on features that were never promised. If this was the first of the series, I'm sure it would have received a more favourable score.

Ps. Purchased from Mexico Origin Store for something like $US35. So feel like I got more than enough value from the game.

Pps. Thanks to the online sharing of community created content, I've got Mila Kunis and Kate Upton living together. I'm trying to get them to fall in love asap so I don't need to purchase a second bedroom. #sadlife
    Last edited by DumKopf; 8th September 2014 at 1:11 pm.

3. Post

Umm... random italics aside, pretty sure this sentence is borked.
    John D. Rockefeller award for philanthropic wanks

4. Post
    Scatter_D wrote:

Umm... random italics aside, pretty sure this sentence is borked.
    There was a letter 'a' missing. Fixed.

Not sure what you mean about the italics.

5. Post
    The tagline is in italics as per their style policy, with proper names non-italicised for emphasis. It's less common than the opposite but it's still correct.
    Hmm is there a proper word for non-italics?

6. Post
    jaygee wrote:
    The tagline is in italics as per their style policy, with proper names non-italicised for emphasis. It's less common than the opposite but it's still correct.
    Hmm is there a proper word for non-italics?
    Oh yip, that threw me.
    John D. Rockefeller award for philanthropic wanks

7. Post
    Scatter_D wrote:
    Oh yip, that threw me.
    Yeah it got me at first too.

8. Post
    DumKopf wrote:
    I've got Mila Kunis and Kate Upton living together. I'm trying to get them to fall in love asap so I don't need to purchase a second bedroom. #sadlife
    #TheSimFappening

9. Post
    if i could figure out how to freely vertical-rotate the camera, this would be a lot easier to play.

10. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    if i could figure out how to freely vertical-rotate the camera, this would be a lot easier to play.
    Have you turned on Sims 3 camera mode that uses middle mouse to freelook?

11. Post
    All the features missing in this are going to be coming in DLC packs for $25 each. Mark my words!

12. Post
    I've never played a sims. After watching Robbaz playing Sims3, I was pretty excited to play Sims4. Urgh, looks like ass. Kinda like SimCity issues.

Might just buy Sims3.

Yeah?

13. Post
    Norbuck wrote:
    Have you turned on Sims 3 camera mode that uses middle mouse to freelook?
    The thing is, I don't really like the controls for sims 3 camera mode either. Reason being: rotating with the middle mouse is so awkward. I always accidentally zoom in at the same time, or out. Also, the sims 3 camera mode feels a lot slower than the sims 4 one, and it rotates the screen in relation to the sim you're focussed on (?) rather than the middle of the screen, which just feels unnatural.

But why there isn't also vertical rotate assigned to the right mouse button, I shall never know. Or at least the vertical rotate should be assigned to SOMETHING. I mean, how many keys are on a keyboard? PICK ONE, EA.

PRiME wrote:
    All the features missing in this are going to be coming in DLC packs for $25 each. Mark my words!
    You don't say... This is EA after all.

One good thing is how easy installing mods are (not that there are any great mods yet). I also like the fact that you can drag and drop rooms.

It's definitely a downgrade from Sims 3 in some respects though.

14. Post
    Aren't sequels supposed to have better graphics? I swear Sims 3 looks better than this.