Stream of HOSciousness Transfer Station (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 37 votes, 3.57 average.
(37 votes)
Results 58,326 to 58,350 of 59169

1. Post

2. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    I love when YouTube puts random vids like this into my feed:

I take it you've seen this already

3. Post
    In time for your Tuesday morning meetings?

4. Post
    Job interview today, I bought some quite serious office clothes which I really can't afford for it, I'm quite nervous/excited for this one.

I also had a chance encounter with a nosy neighbourino while doing some landscaping/construction for my mom recently, he ended up asking about my thesis and was very interested in it, gave me his business card and wanted to get coffee. If he has anything for me (quite likely I could sell him on it), this would be a ridiculous opportunity beyond my wildest imagination of what I'd get into as a starting MA graduate role, but I would have a crisis of conscience over it and I'm not sure I could live with myself if I worked for him for too long. I'd also probably lose a core part of my identity and my closest friends would be very unimpressed/would lose a lot of them ---it could also very well lead to exile from academia --- which puts me in a frustrating pickle to say the least. I'm obviously not going into detail on a public forum but christ both a massive confidence boost and a real ****ing conundrum, I don't think I'll follow through with any work he may have, but I will get coffee and try and figure out how to leverage my research to similar people who are less questionable.

This whole situation is so frustrating, I mostly just want to go back to academia but it's likely a month and a half before my results are in and I really need to eat. I've enquired about fixed term roles in warehousing or landscaping which I'd love to do, but when they hear from me they are generally keen for me to go on for longer than I wish because of my work experience in the former, or do casual work ---- I'm above neither --- but if I'm gonna do anything other than a 1-4 month fixed term role I may as well do something actually in my field zzzz

(also if ur wondering about why i do my inane venting on this forum/socts, it's mostly because I don't want my irl friends to know just how close i am to snapping/keep up appearances of my mental health not being close to taking a major nosedive lol)
    Last edited by Gesellschaft; 16th October 2018 at 8:16 am.

5. Post
    You only sell your soul once.

6. Post
    You could just take on said fixed term roles and then bail when it suits you? If you're not concerned about the gap of not putting them on your CV due to not getting a reference, f**k them.

7. Post
    What's a reasonable hourly rate for a builder contractor to build a simple deck?

8. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    Job interview today, I bought some quite serious office clothes which I really can't afford for it, I'm quite nervous/excited for this one.

I also had a chance encounter with a nosy neighbourino while doing some landscaping/construction for my mom recently, he ended up asking about my thesis and was very interested in it, gave me his business card and wanted to get coffee. If he has anything for me (quite likely I could sell him on it), this would be a ridiculous opportunity beyond my wildest imagination of what I'd get into as a starting MA graduate role, but I would have a crisis of conscience over it and I'm not sure I could live with myself if I worked for him for too long. I'd also probably lose a core part of my identity and my closest friends would be very unimpressed/would lose a lot of them ---it could also very well lead to exile from academia --- which puts me in a frustrating pickle to say the least. I'm obviously not going into detail on a public forum but christ both a massive confidence boost and a real ****ing conundrum, I don't think I'll follow through with any work he may have, but I will get coffee and try and figure out how to leverage my research to similar people who are less questionable.

This whole situation is so frustrating, I mostly just want to go back to academia but it's likely a month and a half before my results are in and I really need to eat. I've enquired about fixed term roles in warehousing or landscaping which I'd love to do, but when they hear from me they are generally keen for me to go on for longer than I wish because of my work experience in the former, or do casual work ---- I'm above neither --- but if I'm gonna do anything other than a 1-4 month fixed term role I may as well do something actually in my field zzzz

(also if ur wondering about why i do my inane venting on this forum/socts, it's mostly because I don't want my irl friends to know just how close i am to snapping/keep up appearances of my mental health not being close to taking a major nosedive lol)
    well this isnt called socts for nothing. Dare i say, our guy:

But if youre going to vaguepost this vaguely you might as well just vent irl. Right now picturing the neighbour of tim the toolman taylor. but slightly less questionable.

9. Post
    wow i cant post.

10. Post
    I think his neighbour works for a tobacco company or is Colin Craig

11. Post
    mintyOnion wrote:
    What's a reasonable hourly rate for a builder contractor to build a simple deck?
    45 plus GST an hour.

12. Post
    Me when chair shopping
    https://imgur.com/gallery/yJtefgR

13. Post
    bradc wrote:
    45 plus GST an hour.
    churs

14. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    You could just take on said fixed term roles and then bail when it suits you? If you're not concerned about the gap of not putting them on your CV due to not getting a reference, f**k them.
    Yeah, that's why I'm looking for fixed term roles in warehousing/landscaping, but I've also applied to permanent ones in my field which I've been interviewing for --- so I'm really hoping the fixed term work comes through first before I get accepted into a permanent contract that would be a really bad call to bail from even though I would want to.

Looks like I have some fixed term/casual work on the cards that might be front of house, but I'm waiting for the employer to get back to me about what will be opening up for the Christmas Rush (I contacted them directly and he seemed very keen to find me something so fingers crossed).

Also today's interview panel question that made me squirm: "Can you describe a time when you made a mistake and how you responded to it?" lmao

(I've never done panels before, usually I just go in and it's a "Well, basically you're hired as long as you didn't lie on the police background check and your referees don't tell me you're a piece of shit")

15. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    But if youre going to vaguepost this vaguely you might as well just vent irl
    b-b-but there's no one to vent to and i need to keep up appearances of being a high functioning adult because literally every month or two someone commits suicide and i don't want to set off a chain of alarm that's going to **** up my friends' well being and realistically also make me even more concerned about the spiral of everyone's awful mental health.

16. Post
    +1 to selling out

17. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    Also today's interview panel question that made me squirm: "Can you describe a time when you made a mistake and how you responded to it?" lmao

(I've never done panels before, usually I just go in and it's a "Well, basically you're hired as long as you didn't lie on the police background check and your referees don't tell me you're a piece of shit")
    I hate that question, its like how about I just ignored the mistake and pretended it didn't have consequences, and then repeated it.

18. Post
    Start work at 7, finish at 7. Time for a bevvy with the... myself

19. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    I hate that question, its like how about I just ignored the mistake and pretended it didn't have consequences, and then repeated it.
    I hate the dichotomy of these trick questions where they want you to deliberately **** up but at the same time they don't. Speak to me in English please, none of your HR trick... she loves, me she loves me not bullshit. Can you tell me a time when you really messed up and then did something about it:

"Yeah when I dated your mother and I fixed it by dumping her"

20. Post
    Update:

21. Post
    It was very hard not to jump to "I grew up around domestic violence and left an abusive partner earlier this year" when they asked for examples of times I've had to respond to a very angry person and how I dealt with it lmao

22. Post
    niney niney nine

23. Post
    Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan Nyan

24. Post
    Wasn't troye sivan like 4 yo in 1999.

Ugh is this what cultural appropriation feels like

25. Post
    Kind of resiging myself to the fact that I'm not going to finish my readings today and just pg13 Netflix and chill the rest of the evening away