Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Rockstar are scumbags

Name:  Clipboard02.jpg
Views: 1236
Size:  135.3 KB
    One last money grab for the road. Can you believe this? Rockstar have the nerve to milk PC gamers one last time before GTA IV is partially crippled forever come July 1st when GfWL shuts down - that's LESS THAN THREE WEEKS AWAY from now.

Their sister company 2K did a great service for their customers and ported Bioshock 2 over to Steamworks (and even gave existing owners of the game complimentary copies of the Minerva's Den DLC, patched in much requested 360 pad support and improved the crappy MP matchmaking), why can't Rockstar?

GTA IV is a deeply flawed game but it still doesn't deserve to be left to partially wither and die on the one platform where it isn't a blurry mess (GTA IV has a blurred pastel-like "Definition filter" which is forced on in the 360/PS3 versions, it can be disabled on PC in the game's options menu).

2. Post
    I found this game so boring

BRINGGGG BRINGGGG! NIKO IT'S YOUR COUSIN LET'S GET ICE CREAM

3. Post
    Didn't the older GTA games have that "definition" filter as well? I know it was toggleable in the Xbox releases of III and VC
    Last edited by its_inevitable; 12th June 2014 at 6:50 am.

4. Post
    There was a motion blur option called "Trails" in the PS2 GTA3-verse games on by default and that looked like sh*t too. You could turn it off in the original console versions however.

5. Post
    This definitive Grand Theft Auto bundle boasts hundreds of hours of single-player gameplay; a full suite of open-world multiplayer game types limited only by players' creativity...
    Heh, only limited by players' creativity if they port it over to Steamworks in the next three weeks...

6. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    GTA IV is partially crippled forever.
    How do you know this?

7. Post
    ^ GFWL is closing. So anything related to that such as; achievements, MP, DLC activation for example won't work is my understanding.

8. Post
    Woah woah woah..... Minerva's Den is free for existing BioShock 2 owners? Good bloody times! How do I get this?

Oh, and I'm also getting sick of money grabs like this, case in point - me buying Battlefront 2 just a few weeks ago ; now its frakked for MP.

9. Post
    So what happens after July 1? Will it get removed from sale?

10. Post
    Single player will still work though

11. Post
    I will probably use Xliveless to purge GFWL from GTA IV altogether.
    http://www.gtamodding.com/index.php?title=XLiveLess
    http://www.gtainside.com/en/download...t=329&id=28329
    http://www.moddb.com/downloads/xliveless-0999b7

IST wrote:
    Woah woah woah..... Minerva's Den is free for existing BioShock 2 owners? Good bloody times! How do I get this?
    If you have a non-Steam copy of Bioshock 2 then you should be able to redeem CD key on Steam. If your retail key doesn't redeem on Steam then contact 2K's support.

Oh, and I'm also getting sick of money grabs like this, case in point - me buying Battlefront 2 just a few weeks ago ; now its frakked for MP.
    Fortunately you can still use the likes of GameRanger and Tunnage to play it.
    http://www.polygon.com/2014/5/7/5691...meranger-steam

12. Post
    $6 though, I've paid a lot more for a lot less..

13. Post
    I paid $5 for a digital diamond

14. Post

Rockstar are scumbags

^ yeah, but Gerter gave you a free hat!

15. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    ^ GFWL is closing. So anything related to that such as; achievements, MP, DLC activation for example won't work is my understanding.
    But it can be patched out?

16. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    But it can be patched out?
    If R* choose to. Which is what the problem is; they aren't.

17. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    If you have a non-Steam copy of Bioshock 2 then you should be able to redeem CD key on Steam. If your retail key doesn't redeem on Steam then contact 2K's support.
    Have a Steam version, but the Minerva's Den DLC page still states $9.99 purchase price: I'll give 2K a tinkle and see if they'll hook a brother up - cheers for the heads up too, been keen to hit up the 'Den for a while now.

18. Post
    Meh the multiplayer is garbage anyway. It's an awesome single-player game for $6.

Although it's pretty lame they're still advertising multiplayer on the store page unless there's something planned.

19. Post
    Does this mean I cant play GTA IV on my PC because its a Windows live game

20. Post
    fuzzy2308 wrote:
    Does this mean I cant play GTA IV on my PC because its a Windows live game
    read the thread, guy

21. Post
    I haven't played any of the GTA games online, I've got better games to play multiplayer with that have poor single player experiences. I assume this is the reverse.

22. Post
    IST wrote:
    Have a Steam version, but the Minerva's Den DLC page still states $9.99 purchase price: I'll give 2K a tinkle and see if they'll hook a brother up - cheers for the heads up too, been keen to hit up the 'Den for a while now.
    When did you buy it? If you bought it from the Steam shop AFTER Steamworks was patched in, then you're not entitled AFAIK. Do give open a support ticket however.

23. Post

Rockstar are scumbags

IST wrote:
    That's why maing. Eva is saying, those that bought a NON-Steam retail version, then register their CD key get Minerva's Den as a thank you bonus.

Edit. I see Eva stealth posted

24. Post
    gta4 can still be made to look rather pretty with mods

25. Post
    Yeah it's pretty until you start doing anything