Page 3 of 3 First 123

1. Post

2. Post
    Posted this in the other thread, but ill risk the re-post flak due to how close the game is to coming out (and some people might genuinely want to know what they're buying)

http://nzgamer.com/news/7346/south-p...after-all.html

The version of South Park: The Stick of Truth that's due to release in New Zealand tomorrow will be censored, Ubisoft have revealed. This follows assurances received from the company last year that Kiwi gamers would not receive a copy of the game that was modified from the developer's original vision.“7 scenes of about 20 seconds each are censored in the EMEA [Europe, the Middle East, and Africa] versions of South Park: The Stick of Truth," a statement sent to NZGamer.com explains. "The decision to cut this content from the game was made by Ubisoft EMEA. Each censored scene is replaced by an image background and a description text selected by Matt & Trey”The text, NZGamer.com can reveal, explains that the scene hidden behind the notice has been censored due to the game being from the "European" region, before going on to explain what is happening out of sight. In one example, which will likely be familiar to fans of the show, a character is "repeatedly anal-probed" - actions which are detailed in text form, but not shown in any way.The edited scenes will only be modified for the console versions of the title; copies of the game played on PC will not be affected.

3. Post
    THANKS ubisoft.

4. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    Just heard back from Ubisoft NZ. As reported in the story above, the game will be released here uncut.
    Hey Matt - bad news I'm afraid... https://www.facebook.com/MightyApe

"Major FAIL for the NZ Ubisoft distributor - after assurances that the NZ version of South Park was UNCUT - they have sent us word this afternoon (after giving us all our stock!) that the NZ console edition is in fact edited! This affects the PS3 and Xbox 360 versions only -- the PC version is uncut.

All pre-order customers will be contacted direct via email with this information ASAP. If you wish to cancel your pre-orders please contact our customer service monkeys: http://mghty.pe/Talk2U "

5. Post
    goddamnit sean HOW DARE YOU REPOST?

Disgusting.

Thanks, though.

6. Post
    You're welcome. I just wish I could see Rambaldi's face when he reads it given how lambasted he's been in this thread.

7. Post
    Tony Cipriani wrote:
    THANKS ubisoft.
    i feel this is obligatory

Name:  thanks_obama-16196.gif
Views: 280
Size:  922.7 KB

8. Post
    haha, yep (edit: the Rambaldi remark).

Like Obama forcing a man to drop his cheesy poofs, Ubisoft dropped the ball badly here by repeatedly provding false information to NZ Gamer, Gameplanet, and all NZ game retailers. They suck.
    Last edited by Tony Cipriani; 4th March 2014 at 3:59 pm. Reason: clarification

9. Post
    out of all of this i actually learned that fiveight existed lol, didn't realise i could point at 1 entity for all the problems

10. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    You're welcome. I just wish I could see Rambaldi's face when he reads it given how lambasted he's been in this thread.
    [Ghosts on Wii U Forums]

11. Post

I knew there was no way a Ubisoft NZ rep knew more then every other rep for the company in every other country. And there wouldn't have been multiple news stories posted overseas saying the game was only available uncensored in US if we were getting it too. Now I have to start praying that the US version on xbox 360 is region free. Time to start refreshing play-asia since that's the only place I can think of right now to check.

12. Post
    Oh, play-asia. Forgot about them. I was going to use Youshop and Amazon in combo, but this will be easier.

13. Post
    I'd still order it from amazon most likely but I don't think they ever update the listing there to say whether its region free. I'd order it now but... need to find out if its region free first if it isn't.... ps3 it is, begrudgingly.

14. Post
    play-asia is only $3 more than Amazon, but using Youshop would add $17.25 to the price.
    How reliable is play-asia? Would they take ages to source stock?