Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 64

  1. Post

    Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

    Read article...

  2. Post
    #2
    Hahaha, oh Australia.

  3. Post
    #3
    Looking forward to seeing what Parker/Stone selected text says.

    Probably something like; "Sorry you can't view this content. Your local ratings board thinks you are too immature to view this adult rated content."

  4. Post
    #4
    They put worse **** than Southpark on the news over here.

    Oh Straya

  5. Post
    #5
    Hence why I never buy games from Australian Stores. Douches run the country!

  6. Post
    #6
    This isn't completely correct. Reported all over the internet overnight that the ENTIRE UK/PAL version of the game will be censored. It was a decision made by Ubisoft not by any censor. The only release of this not being censored now is the NTSC/US release.
    Last edited by Rambaldi; 26th February 2014 at 5:16 pm. Reason: correcting myself

  7. Post
    #7
    Rambaldi wrote:
    This is completely incorrect. Reported all over the internet overnight that the ENTIRE UK/PAL version of the game will be censored. It was a decision made by Ubisoft not by any censor. The only release of this not being censored now is the NTSC/US release.
    Aside from the NZ version being uncut, that's exactly what's reported here - did you bother to read the article? "Completely incorrect" is hardly accurate.

    The impression I got was that NZ would get the uncut version, but I've contacted Ubisoft for clarification, and will update accordingly.

    Thanks for not wildly overreacting in the meantime.

  8. Post
    #8
    but you're wrong, cause well of reasons! and its all given our computers the Y2K-14 virus... ITS THE END OF TIMES!!!!!!

    Woe, woe, wont anyone think of the children?

    What have you done?!?!?

  9. Post
    #9
    Just heard back from Ubisoft NZ. As reported in the story above, the game will be released here uncut.

  10. Post
    #10


    Cheers for the update Matt.

  11. Post
    #11
    Matt M wrote:
    Just heard back from Ubisoft NZ. As reported in the story above, the game will be released here uncut.
    This is completely correct. Thank you for your input

  12. Post
    #12
    There is no uncut PAL edition anymore according to Ubisoft in Europe. There are 3 versions of the game. A uncut US/ntsc version, a slightly cut PAL edition releasing in Europe/UK/NZ, and a more cut PAL edition releasing in Australia. You really think we're getting an uncut version of a game that the UK isn't? They hardly ever censor games in the UK and overnight Ubisoft UK confirmed that they (Ubisoft, not the censors) decided they made a marketing decision to censor the game themselves.

    Links
    http://www.kotaku.com.au/2014/02/sou...de-of-america/
    http://www.xboxachievements.com/news...nd-Europe.html
    http://www.vg247.com/2014/02/25/sout...europe-report/

  13. Post
    #13
    NTSC? There is no such thing anymore.

    And some random quoting articles should be ignored when an official source has confirmed what is actually happening here in NZ. Also Rambaldi, you do understand that almost ALL of the non Aus releases are from the U.S and not the U.K right? There is no PAL region anymore for games. We get U.S sourced games almost everytime unless the Asia/Pacific release is going to be identical for all countries.

    You just look a butthurt for being put in your place.

  14. Post
    #14
    I'll just leave this here.

    http://www.legislation.govt.nz/act/p.../DLM96908.html

    Basically, with that piece of legislation, it would be illegal for Ubisoft NZ to say they are selling the uncut version if they weren't.

  15. Post
    #15
    cryocore wrote:
    NTSC? There is no such thing anymore.

    And some random quoting articles should be ignored when an official source has confirmed what is actually happening here in NZ. Also Rambaldi, you do understand that almost ALL of the non Aus releases are from the U.S and not the U.K right? There is no PAL region anymore for games. We get U.S sourced games almost everytime unless the Asia/Pacific release is going to be identical for all countries.

    You just look a butthurt for being put in your place.
    Facepalm. That's why every release in US/Canada has NTSC in the top corner of the game for xbox 360 right? PS3 is region free as it is blu-ray and PC has always been region free. The PS3/PC version can still be uncut if they import from US, this is true and I should have clarified that. The Xbox 360 version won't be unless it is one of the few Xbox 360 games that are region free. Don't get butthurt with me because Ubisoft NZ have it wrong.

  16. Post
    #16
    Rambaldi wrote:
    because Ubisoft NZ have it wrong.


  17. Post
    #17

    Link?

    Matt M wrote:
    Just heard back from Ubisoft NZ. As reported in the story above, the game will be released here uncut.
    How do you contact Ubisoft nz? I pre-ordered the game's grand wizard edition for xbox from eb games nz. As eb is a foreign company do you think the game will be censored?

    I would also really appreciate a link to Ubisoft's reply to you, it's not that i am doubting your word, I would just really appreciate hard evidence. Thanks!

  18. Post
    #18
    Rambaldi wrote:
    Facepalm. That's why every release in US/Canada has NTSC in the top corner of the game for xbox 360 right? PS3 is region free as it is blu-ray and PC has always been region free. The PS3/PC version can still be uncut if they import from US, this is true and I should have clarified that. The Xbox 360 version won't be unless it is one of the few Xbox 360 games that are region free. Don't get butthurt with me because Ubisoft NZ have it wrong.
    So you're saying the half dozen or so NTSC games I have in my back catalogue of 360 games now won't work on my NZ sourced console? Thankfully I'd already played them then.

    You are aware that 360 games also have the option of being region unlocked, it's got nothing to do with being DVD vs BD (look up BD region A, B, C).

  19. Post
    #19
    Matt M wrote:
    Just heard back from Ubisoft NZ. As reported in the story above, the game will be released here uncut.
    How do you contact Ubisoft?

    And if you could post a link of Ubisoft's reply I would be very grateful, thanks!

  20. Post
    #20
    Ha! I knew I was right. Thanks Chickenman!

  21. Globe
    #21
    Matt M wrote:
    Just heard back from Ubisoft NZ. As reported in the story above, the game will be released here uncut.
    The leopard is pleased. Won't have to fling me faeces at anyone now.

  22. Post
    #22
    Yeah the comment stating only a few 360 games are region free is a bit disingenuous tbh.

    http://gaming.wikia.com/wiki/Region_Free_Xbox_360_Games

  23. Post
    #23
    Matt M wrote:
    Just heard back from Ubisoft NZ. As reported in the story above, the game will be released here uncut.
    phew

  24. Post
    #24
    Straya.

  25. Post
    #25
    Chickenman wrote:
    So you're saying the half dozen or so NTSC games I have in my back catalogue of 360 games now won't work on my NZ sourced console? Thankfully I'd already played them then.

    You are aware that 360 games also have the option of being region unlocked, it's got nothing to do with being DVD vs BD (look up BD region A, B, C).
    Facepalm, I've got about 10 or so NTSC xbox 360 games that are region free and I know there are more. Doesn't change the fact a bunch are locked but not all, just like I stated. And I'm sorry did you want me to look up BD regions because your confused and think we are all talking about a tv show or movie on BD? Games on ps3 on BD don't use a region at all, they are all region free. I already corrected myself by saying my NTSC comment was directed at the xbox 360 version only. The only limiting factor of the ps3 version will be the dlc will need to be brought from the us store if brought from there, which is easy to do.

    I'm an xbox 360 gamer myself and corrected myself about what I said as people make mistakes, unfortunately cryocores dad never taught him people make mistakes so he gets very butthurt when a mistake is made in his perfect world. Tuesday a friend working at ebgames (put away the pitchforks) was told by ubisoft our version would be uncut then found out the following day, Wednesday it wouldn't be uncut, which is the day the announcements I linked were made. Only imported versions from the US will be uncut, so I personally hope the xbox 360 version in US is region free or maybe the games on demand version is so I can play it on my system of choice otherwise I'll play it on ps3 most likely.