Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Which is a pretty valid comment, isn't it? I mean I don't particularly like any of the Final Fantasy games, so is it really that far-fetched that I would ignore titles in the series as I know that they're going to be similar to earlier ones, right?

I could 100% understand anyone ignoring Skyrim if they really didn't enjoy Oblivion, as they're very similar games.
    The point is that he enjoyed Dark Souls but not Demon's Souls, and the reason is that they're different.

You might enjoy Lightning Returns, but not FF10. Same series, different games.

Though, people who have never played a game have no reason to talk about it. It's similar to those CS:GO players who haven't played 1.5, 1.6 or even Source and think their inferior experience is better and that they've missed out on absolutely nothing.

2. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Definitely a bug
    Lol!

I see what you did there.

3. Post
    Keen as for this. Its disappointing I never finished the first 2 off. Alas dark souls 2 is 3 weeks off.

4. Post
    Not long now. Details of the weapons included in the PSN pre-order in-case anyone is interested. Anyone else going to be playing it one day one?

Black Flamestone Dagger and Black Flamestone Parma – A dagger and shield encrusted in Black Flamestone both found in the Gutter at Black Gulch. Even though they are heavier than a normal dagger and shield, the Flamestone crystal’s unique properties make the dagger extremely sharp and give the shield high resistance to damage.
    Yellow Quartz Long Sword and Yellow Quartz Shield – A straight sword and small shield hardened with yellow quartz both uncovered at the bottom of the Iron Keep. Even though these items can break easily due to their high level of corrosion, they are exceptionally light and their power to inflict damage has not declined.
    Bound Hand Axe and Bound Wooden Shield – A brutal hand axe and shield found in the Undead Purgatory. Both items are wrapped in chains and thorns to cause additional bleeding on enemies. Both the axe and shield have diminished in overall slashing power but their ability to deliver pain has been deliberately increased.
    Homunculus Mace and Homunculus Wooden Shield – A mace and shield with spherical protrusions found in Aldia's Keep. Although heavier than normal maces and shields, the hard protrusions greatly increase the striking power of the mace as well as the shield’s defensive capabilities.
    Transgressor’s Staff and Transgressor’s Leather Shield – A staff and leather shield entwined with an unknown and seemingly lackluster element; these items are found in the Dark Chasm of Old. They have become a catalyst for sorcery and hex and cause an effect known as Darkness.

5. Post
    So freaking ugly. I bet they're just reskinned starter gear.

6. Post
    The cheese whiz sword of doooooooom

7. Post
    I like the one that has potatoes on it.

8. Post
    They look a lot better in their full resolution glory if that helps, but if anyone was expecting starter (or near enough) weapons to look impressive....