How to make an Amazon Digital purchase.

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678

1. Post
    I created a US Paypal account using my Youshop US address, attached my ASB debit card to the US Paypal account and then linked it with my US PSN account.

And bam I can purchase directly off the US PSN store without having to buy vouchers off Amazon.

2. Post
    really, I thought it was supposed to block non us credit cards?

not that buying vouchers from amazon/other sites is hard

3. Post
    Yeah they do, I couldn't directly link my debit card to the US PSN account. I guess the PSN just checks that the PayPal account is a US based account.

I've made a few purchases with the method above with out any issues.

4. Post
    Preorderd Hitman through Amazon a few days ago, problem is where has the effing cancel preorder button gone? I just did the same with The Division before it's beta and cancelled it the same day with no problems. Should I contact Amazon and get them to cancel it or will the option appear before it's released?

If I click on order details it just shows me what I've ordered with no option to cancel it, it's not showing in my games library. Have I had a blackout since the Division beta and is the cancel button not where I thought it was? Because I reckon it's missing.

Name:  Untitled.png
Views: 546
Size:  144.1 KB

5. Post
    Maybe it's new policy to flag accounts who cancel pre orders a lot? Steam does this now too for refunds

6. Post
    What is the point of pre-ordering a digital game? Can't you just buy it on the day (or a couple of days before for any pre-loading/pre-oder bonuses etc)?

7. Post
    he probably did the pre order to get access to the beta, decided he doesn't like the beta and wants a refund

8. Post
    That's right Grim, problem was that Amazon wasn't doing beta keys with their preorders, looks like preordering through PSN was the only way to secure a beta key on PS4.

Don't think they've changed their policy when it comes to cancelling, this is what they say about preordering games and software

"We won't charge you for the pre-order until release day, and will send you an e-mail to confirm when the item is available in Your Games & Software Library. If you'd like to cancel your pre-order before release day, go to Your Games & Software Library and click Cancel pre-order."

Maybe I have to wait for it to appear in my Games & Software library?

9. Post
    Just talk to Amazon support they are usually pretty good with sorting things out...

10. Post
    hi fellas. i have a ps3 with PS+, preparing to get PS4 soon. my ps+ account is in NZ , dont wanna lose my trophies and stuff and have massive collection here so will just stick with NZ PS+ instead of moving to USA PS+

anyway, my question was, is this still going to be possible if i get PS4 (currently doing this with my ps3)
    * main account = NZ PS+ account
    * have secondary US PSN account from which i buy games via amazon / US PSN store at the good prices (per this thread)
    * stiill enjoy all the games of both accounts on my ps4 and ps3

havent been keeping up with all the news but heard ps4 is extra tight with DRM so wanted to double check before i do anything. waiting for that new one to come out soon with VR etc anyway so got some time to plan and think about it

11. Post
    Yes.

12. Post
    Is it no longer possible to buy PSN Store cards from Amazon using a NZ credit card? I just tried for the first time in months, with no success.

13. Post
    it worked when I tried about 2 months ago

it would suck if it stops working, hope Sony don't crack down to the point where I have to ditch my PSN account and start a brand new one.

But for now even if it doesnt work you can buy us psn credit elsewhere too

14. Post
    WhatsUpMyNinja_ wrote:
    Is it no longer possible to buy PSN Store cards from Amazon using a NZ credit card? I just tried for the first time in months, with no success.
    I just wasted USD$10 to buy a card to see if this is true, so no you might be doing something wrong. Have you tried using a US address as your billing address? Do you have enough money in your card? Do you have locks on your card?

15. Post
    I hope that $10 you spent doesn't go to waste! Strangely enough, it eventually worked after re-entering the card details a few more times. Thanks for checking it out & for the tips.

16. Post
    Sorry for slight necro here, but I just decided to buy NieR: Automata from the US PSN store because **** regional release timing.

Amazon seemingly no longer allow non-US credit cards to buy digital content, even on a US based Amazon account, and it also looks like Paypal have cracked down on non-US credit cards too - neither method worked for me after several attempts. What did work was buying PSN codes from play-asia, after a solid hour of ****ing around trying to get the original methods to work it took all of 3 minutes from logging into my account to having the credit on my US PSN account.

Hope this helps anyone out there trying to buy from other region PSN stores.

17. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Sorry for slight necro here, but I just decided to buy NieR: Automata from the US PSN store because **** regional release timing.

Amazon seemingly no longer allow non-US credit cards to buy digital content, even on a US based Amazon account, and it also looks like Paypal have cracked down on non-US credit cards too - neither method worked for me after several attempts. What did work was buying PSN codes from play-asia, after a solid hour of ****ing around trying to get the original methods to work it took all of 3 minutes from logging into my account to having the credit on my US PSN account.

Hope this helps anyone out there trying to buy from other region PSN stores.
    You sure? I've tried it and I can still buy US PSN cards on Amazon.com. Did you change your billing address to a US address like the one you get with Youshop?

18. Post
    Yep, US address on both a US Amazon and US PayPal account. No dice.

Kiwibank Airpoints credit card, could be on a per bank basis but nothing worked for me.

19. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Yep, US address on both a US Amazon and US PayPal account. No dice.

Kiwibank Airpoints credit card, could be on a per bank basis but nothing worked for me.
    OK. Might be a card thing,

20. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    With the new Amazon PlayStation Digital store front that has opened to coincide with the NA launch of Sony’s new PS4, the ability for us downunder to DL cheap digital titles easily has arrived. Granted, it wasn’t much more difficult with the PlayStation 3, but now that we aren’t tied to wallet funding, convenience has improved.

The purchase is done in 2 Steps, basically purchase the game code from amazon.com; and then redeem the code in a US PSN account. Simple.

Reasoning behind having to do it this way: The PlayStation network has various regions around the globe, and depending on (presumably) local publisher price demands have different prices in each of the territories. In order to protect these markets, Sony has regionally priced these stores, but more importantly, they have region locked credit card payments for these storefronts. So simply, you can’t pay for goods on the US store using your NZ Credit/Debit card or NZ Paypal account (topped up using NZ CC etc). Thankfully the stores aren’t IP locked though.

What this means, is that if you want to purchase a game from the US PSN store you need to set up a US account and purchase either a game code (from Amazon), or US wallet funds from Amazon (or Ebay) or wherever you can find cheap wallet funds at the time. I personally prefer the game code method, as it means I don’t have to buy wallet funds then have ‘change’ left over. Unfortunately the game code might not always be available. As the service matures (Amazon PS Digital) this will improve.

Now whilst the PlayStation 4 is region unlocked for games (you can play any game from any country on any console from anywhere in the world) ALL digital content is region locked to the digital content’s originating store. It covers ALL digital content too, so that is DLC, PS+, and digitally purchased titles for example. So simply, if you buy a digital game from Amazon US, you need to redeem this game on a US PSN account, all DLC purchased for this game needs to be purchased from the US PS Store. If you buy a disc copy of a game from Amazon US (a collector’s edition for example) any DLC for that game needs to be purchased/redeemed on a US PSN account. A PS+ sub from Amazon US is region specific to the US Store only. At this point I should mention, that ANY user on the PlayStation 4 this content is redeemed on has full access to the content, this includes but not limited to, playing the game in singleplayer, or even certain benefits from a PS+ membership such as online multiplayer. So if like me you don’t want to get rid of 8 years worth of gaming history on your NZ account you’re covered.

So without further ado, let’s begin.

First open in your browser (if required) these three links:
    Youshop
    Set up PSN Account
    Amazon sign up

Hmm very strange. It seems my link for setting up the PSN ID isn't working at the moment.

Follow this link here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ystation-store click 'Create Account' button on the top right of the screen.

Here is a really helpful hint regarding email account set up given by mr2bot. When needing multiple email accounts (to access different PSN store fronts for example) use Gmail. Gmail allows an account user to insert random '.'s in to the users email user name to give the impression of being a unique address and then forwards on these 'new account' emails to the original base account.
    For example; lets say you set up an email in Gmail: gpforumboy123@gmail.com, you could then sign up to 5 PSN accounts using the emails below and the emails would all end up at gpforumboy123@gmail.com.
    1. g.pforumboy123@gmail.com (NZ)
    2. gp.forumboy123@gmail.com (US)
    3. gpf.orumboy123@gmail.com (UK)
    4. gpfo.rumboy123@gmail.com (JP)
    5. gpfor.umboy123@gmail.com (HK)
    .. and so on as required.

However, it doesn't work if you put 2 '.'s side by side, ie gp..forumboy123@gmail.com.

Back on topic, with the three tabs open, go through and fill them out, I would start with the Youshop one first. This will then give you a US address. This US address is needed to purchase Digital Content through Amazon. This Digital Content cannot be purchased by an international address!

Now that you have your US address, go to Amazon and sign up there. Once you have set up your Amazon account, go in to My Account, and entershowbox.bio/ tutuapp.uno/ vidmate.vet/ your Youshop address. It is worth noting, that you don’t have to have a Youshop address for this part, any made up US address will work. However, any physical purchase (collectors editions for example) later on will possibly get sent there, so best to play it safe!

Now that you have your Amazon account set up, go here http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-Ne...ode=1289533011 and browse. Find the title you want and purchase it. This purchase, (unlike the US PSN store) can be made using your NZ Credit/Debit card, you don’t need to use Paypal, although that is an option at Amazon. If you haven’t entered a US address by now, you won’t be able to purchase it until you update your address with a US address in your address book. You will be able to tell, as the buy now button will be greyed out. After purchase you will be presented with a screen that will have your unique familiar 12 digit PSN code. You can print this page for later, or it will permanently be available in your Digital Game Library on Amazon.

Now that you have your code, it is worth noting this code IS region specific. You can ONLY use it on a US PSN account. So if you haven’t already, sign up for a US PSN account. To keep consistency, just use the Youshop details again. Thankfully, Oregon (the state that the Youshop depot is in) is a Sales Tax Free state. So any purchase through PSN using funds sourced from Amazon will be tax free.

Now that you have your US PSN account set up; turn on your PS3 or PS4 (depending on title purchased of course) and log in using this new US account. At this point you can go to the PS Store and redeem code as per usual. Remember though, this title is a US title, so you will need to buy DLC for this title using the US account. So go to Amazon again and buy the DLC pack (if available) or wallet funds which are available in $10, $20, or $50 increments.

Congrats, you’ve just saved a great big wedge of cash, for the sake of a few minutes set up time.

FAQ

I’m a Kiwi, I purchased my console in NZ, and I have an NZ PSN account, can I still buy from amazon?
    Short answer: Yes. The Amazon purchase is entirely different to your PSN account.

Can I play my US content on my NZ Console and profile?
    Yes. The console is region unlocked, you can play any game from any region. You just need to set your PS4 as the home console for the US account. Then any profile on that console can play that content. Online or offline. The one ‘exception’ here so far is Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn. It seems to play this game you need to set up your Sqaure Enix account to be the same as your store account. I’m not quite sure on this though TBH, I’ll update when I have more concrete info.

But I set my console as my home console for my NZ profile, does this mean I need to change that now?
    No. The console allows multiple profiles to set it as the home profile.

So does this mean I could do this for every region?
    Yes. You may need to be able to read the other regions text though, and you will probably need to buy currency for that region from another online retailer such as www.play-asia.com.

Now I have bought my game from Amazon, how do I play it?
    Set up your US PSN account, remember set the console as the home console. Otherwise you will only be able to play the content on your US account.

I just saw there is some DLC I want to buy, can I just use my NZ account?
    No. All DLC needs to be purchased using the store the base title was purchased from. IE US game needs US DLC.

Seems like a hassle TBH why should I bother?
    The price in USD is close to or the same as the Steam price on PC for a full price title. Basically you’ll save (depending on title) approximately 30-50% compared to local sourced content. You’ll be able to purchase most games and season passes for less than the base game here. And in a lot of cases, you’ll be playing days before it available here. The Lego Movie: The videogame for example was available in the US 2 months before NZ. Then there are the sales and promotions; spend $60 get $10 back type deals, or $1 flash sales for example.

I’m a trophy whore, will I still get those?
    Yes. All users on that home console get the benefit of the full title, including trophies.

Edit version 1.1 changelog: Added section as to why the purchase needs to be completed this way. Corrected some typo's and grammar.
    Edit version 2.0 changelog: Added FAQ covering bullet points. If you want anything else added, ask in the comments below.
    Edit version 2.1 changelog: Updated PSN account set due to seemingly broken link. Added helpful hit re email account set up.
    ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ __

You may updated to version 1.1 or Will wait for version 1.2 to drop.......
    And is there a way to subscribe directly to the digital downloads area of amazon? would be nice to get notifications when they add new stuff or do deals on that particular category....
    Last edited by PetterJhon; 27th December 2018 at 12:59 am.

21. Post
    My Westpac debit card is tied to my US PayPal, works fine, used it last night.