Tinder (NSFW)

Thread Rating: 36 votes, 3.56 average.
(36 votes)
Results 16,826 to 16,845 of 16845

  1. Post
    Kcm_999 wrote:
    Stumbled upon this thread, saw a few people talking about Linked up above. I tried deactivating my LinkedIn profile earlier in the year, my situation was that I had one employer for 8 years and then I ended up unemployed for various reasons I won't go into.

    I wanted to temporarily deactivate my profile until I was able to find employment again, but LinkedIn only gives you the option to delete your profile completely. I didn't want to lose the connections in my network so I've decided to leave my profile active. But I've had to leave my employed status as blank, which means anyone who views my profile will figure out I'm unemployed... Nobody wants to employ an unemployed person, that's just facts.

    Maybe I'm just retarded and there's a way to temporarily deactivate your profile similar to facebook?
    Probably bit too much of a defeatist attitude there - you're definitely hirable as someone who doesn't currently have a job, particularl for an employer who needs someone in a hurry - But you will need to have a (good) answer ready for why you're not working.

  2. Post
    Why... He worked somewhere for 8 years straight, its not like him being unemployed right now shows a noncommittal attitude or whatever being unemployed is supposed to connote.

  3. Post
    trackers wrote:
    Probably bit too much of a defeatist attitude there - you're definitely hirable as someone who doesn't currently have a job, particularl for an employer who needs someone in a hurry - But you will need to have a (good) answer ready for why you're not working.
    Cheers, I know it seems like I'm being defeatist, but the way shit ended with them was literally the worst experience of my life. Plus they won't give me a reference now, it's quite hard to explain that when you want to apply somewhere new.

    clockblock wrote:
    Why... He worked somewhere for 8 years straight, its not like him being unemployed right now shows a noncommittal attitude or whatever being unemployed is supposed to connote.
    I think he was getting at the amount of time that has passed since I last was employed? Just for a bit of insight, I was in sales and started off at the bottom of the company at age 19 and worked my way up to managing 2 overseas markets and millions of $$ worth of biz.

  4. Post
    Kcm_999 wrote:
    Cheers, I know it seems like I'm being defeatist, but the way shit ended with them was literally the worst experience of my life. Plus they won't give me a reference now, it's quite hard to explain that when you want to apply somewhere new.



    I think he was getting at the amount of time that has passed since I last was employed? Just for a bit of insight, I was in sales and started off at the bottom of the company at age 19 and worked my way up to managing 2 overseas markets and millions of $$ worth of biz.
    At management/exec level people care a lot less about continuity of employment.

  5. Post
    is it weird that I cbf dating at 29? am I gonna end up foreveralone with this attitude?

    looking for tips on how to walk ass backwards into a nice girl? I've noticed a few chicks staring and then embarrassingly looking away, then looking back again, but I don't have the balls to approach lol

    Tinder dating feels weird and unnatural to me, went on a few dates and just wasn't feeling it tbh, I feel so bad turning down 3rd dates, I'm sure they are like "sigh, same old story" every time this happens to them.

    fml.

  6. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    I've noticed a few chicks staring and then embarrassingly looking away, then looking back again, but I don't have the balls to approach lol
    Just stop giving a f**k and rock over - if you've nothing to lose, it makes it so much easier!

  7. Post
    Hah. Know dem feels. Cancelled date #3 last night because I just didn't have any interest. Which has been my attitude with Tinder lately.

    On Friday, after a work-do my boss wing manned with me and I went home with a lovely lady. Totally unexpected. It helped I wore a suit/waist coat + bow tie to the bar though. Standing at the bar waiting for my whiskey I knew they were looking at the two dudes dressed like they were coming from the opera so I just turned to them and say "hey, what's up?"

  8. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Just stop giving a f**k and rock over - if you've nothing to lose, it makes it so much easier!
    I should have done this to the two 3.14s I encountered today (one in class, one in le coffee bar) but was like, meh

    "Hey hello there, I'm in abit of a hurry but ugh, what's your myspace? Coolio, cya!"

    But in hindsight I honestly should have just done this, RIP

  9. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    is it weird that I cbf dating at 29? am I gonna end up foreveralone with this attitude?

    looking for tips on how to walk ass backwards into a nice girl? I've noticed a few chicks staring and then embarrassingly looking away, then looking back again, but I don't have the balls to approach lol

    Tinder dating feels weird and unnatural to me, went on a few dates and just wasn't feeling it tbh, I feel so bad turning down 3rd dates, I'm sure they are like "sigh, same old story" every time this happens to them.

    fml.
    Being a male and single at 29 isn't such a bad thing, for real most men don't get their shit together until their 30s. Right now you shouldn't stress it too much. Also, try and be happy being single, it's not actually that bad.

  10. Post
    Kcm_999 wrote:
    Being a male and single at 29 isn't such a bad thing, for real most men don't get their shit together until their 30s. Right now you shouldn't stress it too much. Also, try and be happy being single, it's not actually that bad.
    I bet you were crying as you typed that.

  11. Post
    Being single is lit, I sleep in a racing car bed.

  12. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    I bet you were crying as you typed that.
    Nah, I've been in long term relationships and also fwb situations. Had some shitty experiences and some good ones. I'm happier being single, the only thing I miss is sex and I can't be ****ed with trying to chase it as I'd rather spend my time doing other shit.

  13. Post
    It's weird to think that our parents successfully reared us in their 20's or whatever and we're still holding their ineptitude against them while still using tindrs and living out of our cars in the local park going on 30.

  14. Post
    Gesellschaft wrote:
    Being single is lit, I sleep in a racing car bed.
    My bed is an actual car.

  15. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    My bed is an actual car.
    Shit dude, I hope things get better soon for you. Can you not ask some family if you can bunk down with them for a while?

  16. Post
    Kcm_999 wrote:
    Nah, I've been in long term relationships and also fwb situations. Had some shitty experiences and some good ones. I'm happier being single, the only thing I miss is sex and I can't be ****ed with trying to chase it as I'd rather spend my time doing other shit.
    Pretty much my exact situation, long term, cbf getting back into it.. even though I want to, deep down.

    It's a little bit of "eh... i cbf looking/chasing, rather work on myself instead" but at the same time you see a gorgeous girl "damn she's nice"

    the cbf side of me takes over.

  17. Post
    Kcm_999 wrote:
    Shit dude, I hope things get better soon for you. Can you not ask some family if you can bunk down with them for a while?
    People taking my posts seriously as if I can afford a car smh

  18. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    People taking my posts seriously as if I can afford a car smh
    He's new, he'll learn.

  19. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    People taking my posts seriously as if I can afford a car smh
    Got em.

  20. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    Pretty much my exact situation, long term, cbf getting back into it.. even though I want to, deep down.

    It's a little bit of "eh... i cbf looking/chasing, rather work on myself instead" but at the same time you see a gorgeous girl "damn she's nice"

    the cbf side of me takes over.
    Sounds like you're too apathetic to be bothered. Take some time to work on yourself, there is no point starting anything if you're not in it. There are obviously things you want to sort out in your subconscious which are making you not care