Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Knights of the Old Republic: 10th Anniversary

Yesterday was KotOR1's tenth anniversary. Bioware celebrated by posting anecdotes by team members and a set of truly hideous wallpapers.

I loved KotOR1. It also essentially ruined the typical traditional JRPG for me forever really. Once you experience active storytelling, where you're directly shaping the narrative with your choices, it's hard to go back to being a spectator.

2. Post
    Great game, I played on the Pc. Am curious if it was as good on xbox. Hopefully EA will get a studio to make #3

3. Post
    KotOR1 was terrific on Xbox.

4. Post
    Think I still have my KotoR 2 disc for xbox, don't know what happened to my KotoR 1 disc.
    Just like Sid Meier's Pirates(or tropico 4 as a more recent example) it works fine on a controller.

5. Post
    oo such a good game that brings back memories.

It's recently-ish been ported to iOS too
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/star...611436052?mt=8

6. Post
    Not a Star Wars fan but I loved this game. Agree with the JRPG comment - I haven't been able to play one since.

7. Post
    One of the best games from my earlier life. I recently rebought and replayed them on Steam - in the case of KoToR2, I added the restoration project and added 10 hours of extra (read cut from release) content

8. Post
    I hate Star Wars, but KOTOR was so great that I overlooked the inane universe. A true masterpiece.

9. Post
    Public Service Announcement:-
    KotOR is out now for the best mobile OS.
    50% off introductory price.

It's a queue-based, passive RPG, so touchscreen controls probably aren't a hindrance to the experience.

10. Post
    Aghhh. Moto G not supported (and I doubt it'd run it anyway)
    Last edited by Richard7666; 27th December 2014 at 10:42 am.

11. Post
    Kotor 1 and 2 are amazing. Still makes me sad they cancelled KOTOR3. They had story and concept art developed it would of been made but Lucas arts decided to pull the plug

12. Post
    It truly was one of the best games ive played, imagine the awesome game KOTOR3 could have been, if they had used all the resources and time that went into that MMO

13. Post
    KotOR was my very first wRPG.

Amazing experience, truly blew my mind and I haven't been the same ever since (it was either KotOR or the Yayo).

14. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Kotor 1 and 2 are amazing. Still makes me sad they cancelled KOTOR3. They had story and concept art developed it would of been made but Lucas arts decided to pull the plug
    Between this and cancelling Battlefront 3 (and subsequently killing FreeRadical... grrrr), we have irrefutable proof that LucasArts are total morons.

15. Post
    Agree with everything that has been said. Not a fan of Star Wars either. It was the first game I marathoned till dawn 100% not realizing how long I had been playing as well. Didn't look at the time once.

16. Post
    Fem Revan and Bastila - best combination.

One of the best moments for me was getting one of my party members to kill his best friend at the end using the force. Weak minded fools!

17. Post
    one of those games I wish I'd got into earlier, I feel it hasn't aged well when trying to play it now. Also a huge ME fan, I feel it lay the foundations for what made that series so great. I could give it another go, what are the essential mods for getting it up to speed?

18. Post
    The game has aged beautifully. The combat was fine then and it's fine now; it's classic RTwP gameplay using D&D d20 ruleset. If you've Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc then KotOR fits like a glove.

Bone up on d20 rules and then try replaying.

19. Post
    Every time I read something about KOTOR it makes me sad that a: they have not made the KOTOR3 that everyone wants to play and b: they haven't re-released these games for PC and console so everyone could enjoy it

20. Post
    Yeah, both KOTRs were great games. After BGs they really cemented my (likely) life-long love for CRPGs.

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    The game has aged beautifully.
    The graphics haven't. The game looks hideous now, unfortunately. The downside to 3D graphics.

21. Post
    eug1404 wrote:

The graphics haven't. The game looks hideous now, unfortunately. The downside to 3D graphics.
    Oh please, the character designs are all stylised and hold up quite well because of it.

22. Post
    mprezd wrote:
    b: they haven't re-released these games for PC and console so everyone could enjoy it
    Buy and play them off Steam where they're readily available?

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Buy and play them off Steam where they're readily available?
    Yeah sorry was meaning more of a graphics update for those like the above who think it needs it to appeal to the masses, and obviously for those with consoles. I'd definitely buy it on console if it was released even though I loved them both on pc

24. Post
    You could probably still buy it for xbox

25. Post
    eug1404 wrote:
    Fixed it for you....