Is that the original engine?

2. Post
    InquisitorZim wrote:
    Is that the original engine?
    No, a fan project in unreal engine 4.

3. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Then his comment is invalid, as that is not the original engine.

4. Post
    InquisitorZim wrote:
    Then his comment is invalid, as that is not the original engine.
    Well it's prettier, and that was the complaint... hence 'fixed' :P lol

5. Post
    Man, that is going to be basically rebuilding a game from scratch, no mean feat.

6. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Why even bother? 90% of these projects go nowhere. Eg The UE4-powered fan remake of MGS1 was just shut down.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/4/1116...nreal-canceled

Even if this does actually take off, iconic performances by seasoned voice acting professionals will probably have to be replaced as to not risk rocking the the legal good will boat. Eg the Jennifer Hale as Bastila being recast with some guy's sister.

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Why even bother? 90% of these projects go nowhere. Eg The UE4-powered fan remake of MGS1 was just shut down.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/3/4/1116...nreal-canceled

Even if this does actually take off, iconic performances by seasoned voice acting professionals will probably have to be replaced as to not risk rocking the the legal good will boat. Eg the Jennifer Hale as Bastila being recast with some guy's sister.
    If it's officially a mod though, wouldn't that bypass the legal stuff?
    I have no idea myself, I'm just guessing slash hoping I am correct lol

8. Post
    IST wrote:
    It's not a mod, it's an indie remake.

Is there a history of Star Wars standalone free games "Foxed"? I don't follow Star Wars fan projects, so I can't say if there's precedent here.

9. Post
    IST wrote:
    Even if its a mod it still can be in legal violation of various trademarks/copyrights, etc. So it can still be blocked by the Disney if they decide to.
    On a side note, I actually dont like how it looks at all. Nice skills on display, but I dont like the look at all.

10. Post
    Looks amazing, also SWTOR KOFTE gets very good, especially the story, me myself created a movie from the scenes. My own destiny, my power!

11. Post
    I really don't think a remake of this particular game is necessary. It's stylised to look cartoonish so it looks fine to this day IMO. The gameplay is solid, as is the storytelling and performances.

Do what they with KotOR2:- release a compatibility patch for modern OSes; add 16:9 support; add Xinput gamepad support; add Steamworks features like Workshop for mods, cloud support and chieves.

12. Post
    I'm thinking about jumping back into SWTOR at some stage for the Fallen storyline (and every expansion and update since vanilla).
    Put about 500 hours into the vanilla SWTOR, but currently too many other games to play #goodproblemtohave

13. Post
    I know I'm totally late to the scene, but picked up the game in the Humble Bundle and am absolutely loving it.

Took me about 3 hours into the game to actually understand how combat works. And I still kind of still don't get it.

14. Post
    Pulley wrote:
    Took me about 3 hours into the game to actually understand how combat works. And I still kind of still don't get it.
    10 = base stat = 0. Anything < 10 = penalty.
    Strength > 10. Important for melee characters (eg strong sabre use)
    Dexterity > 10. Important for ranged chars (eg blasters)
    Int > 10. Important for high level Force powers.
    Constitution = your health meter.
    Wisdom = your magic meter.

• Jedi Guardian is the shit class with SFA force powers, don't play as it.
    • Always go for dual sword wielding = twice the number of sabre crystals that you can equip.
    • Equip a short blade sabre in your off-hand to decrease the dual wielding penalty.
    • Before you become a Jedi the best weapons to use as a precursor are Vibrasword in main hand + Vibrablade in off-hand.
    • Configure gameplay options so that auto-pause is activated upon enemy encounter.
    • Space to pause is your best friend, get well acquainted.
    • Remember that you can queue up at least three actions per character.

15. Post
    Thanks man. I went Vibrasword main hand only to keep my hit up. I'll look at Vibrablade later although I'm about to become a Jedi.

Do you queue all your party skills in combat or just your main character?

I was queuing skills for everyone but then realized skills leave your people vulnerable afterwards.

16. Post
    I'd queue for all characters when I played. You can also clear queues when paused, remember.

You can move characters individually FYI. I think it was Z hotkey to toggle individual movement. Great feature moving vulnerable characters like Jedi Councillars (the "wizards") outta the way; getting tanks to charge in; positioning ranged characters (eg blaster dudes like Carth); scouting ahead for landmines with a stealthy "rogue" character (higher Awareness = longer detection range for traps.).

• When you get the Wookiee Zalbbar, he's a fantastic tank. Dump points into Strength and Constitution attributes and equip him with Vibrasword + Vibrablade.
    • Mission Vao is a rogue character. Dump points into the awareness and stealth skills. She's okayish for ranged combat too, so go for Dex.
    • Carth is a ranged dude, so Dex is the chief stat for him.

17. Post
    bump
    trying to find the mods/modern PC thread for this game but I can't

pls help

18. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    bump
    trying to find the mods/modern PC thread for this game but I can't

pls help
    If you ever need to find it just check my profile.

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/463587

There's only a KoTOR II thread though.

19. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    If you ever need to find it just check my profile.

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/463587

There's only a KoTOR II thread though.
    do we have a KoTOR thread? Otherwise I;ll just hit the Nexus

20. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    do we have a KoTOR thread? Otherwise I;ll just hit the Nexus
    Not that I am aware of. Modding KoTOR outside of the Widescreen fix doesn't seem to be too much of a thing here.

21. Post
    F*ck EA, man. I hope that they lose the Star Wars license!
    https://gamerant.com/star-wars-knigh...-3-bioware-ea/

22. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    F*ck EA, man. I hope that they lose the Star Wars license!
    https://gamerant.com/star-wars-knigh...-3-bioware-ea/

Even without this I hope they lose it. Sounds like another one of the SW games has been cancelled as well - the one Visceral were involved with. They've given SW fans nothing.

Sorry, nothing but trash and money grabs