Kingdom Hearts III

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    How's the game guys? haven't heard a single peep about the game since releasing this week

2. Post
    Damn that thread start date. ��

3. Post
    Ouchie

Turns out being in development for more than 6 years isnt always good

Unfortunately the game has some really bad performance issues on all machines and feels outdated (essentially it runs and looks like a launch title from 2013 which is when they first announced it)

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Ouchie

Turns out being in development for more than 6 years isnt always good

Unfortunately the game has some really bad performance issues on all machines and feels outdated (essentially it runs and looks like a launch title from 2013 which is when they first announced it)

Yeah nah that's a load of bullshit. The game is visually stunning and runs crisp AF on my ps4 pro, only occasionally dipping when the battles get really crowded.

I'm at the final world now and the game has been amazing from start to finish. The sheer scope of the worlds is so much beyond the previous titles it's not even funny. This is good because there are overall less worlds than KH2.

Despite my enjoyment, I do have some actually informed concerns.

- The game is a tad too easy, even on proud mode. Attraction Flow, Disney rides and Keyblade forms often break the game, despite the huge health bars of some bosses. Granted I am running a magic build which is traditionally OP.
    - Related to my previous point, Critical Mode is glaringly absent. I assume its coming in a future patch.
    - No Colliseum this time around, haven't stumbled on any bonus bosses yet either. Bit worried that the postgame will be weak.
    - I have a doctorate in Kingdom Heartsology and even I'm struggling to remember some of the characters and plot points being brought back.

5. Post
    Are you running 1080p? It's apparently the only way to play the game without jarring experience (ps4 pro at 1080p)

I think that how i'll be playing

This is the default pro mode, doesn't look like too much action on the screen.

And here is 1080p mode on the PRO, much nice smooth experience

6. Post
    I am indeed on 1080p although my TV is positively ancient. I didn't mess with the base functions but I do have supersampling enabled.

7. Post
    Damn, that's a huge difference.

8. Post

9. Post
    I think its stupid Sony didn't let the Pro get a higher frame rate. Like whats the point of calling it a PS4Pro.

10. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    I think its stupid Sony didn't let the Pro get a higher frame rate. Like whats the point of calling it a PS4Pro.
    Well it runs at a nice smooth 60fps in 1080p mode on the pro
    It’s the smoothest way to play the game even smoother than an Xbox one x

Which happens to be the 2nd game in a week that released where it runs better on the pro than the one x - wonder if devs are getting lazy given the low install base

11. Post
    Just finished the game after 30 hours and 34 minutes.

Very sad its over but I enjoyed it the whole way. The secret ending has also been unlocked today and as usual it raises a million questions for fans to think about in the upcoming 15 year wait for Kingdom Hearts 4. To attain it you need to get all lucky emblems on easy, 60 on normal or 30 on proud mode.

12. Post
    **** you must have dived in balls deep bro! that was quick!

13. Post
    jords wrote:
    **** you must have dived in balls deep bro! that was quick!
    Hahaha yeah I've been fortunate to be on uni break and my job is mostly weekends. There was no way I wasn't clearing the schedule for this game in any event.

14. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Just finished the game after 30 hours and 34 minutes.

Very sad its over but I enjoyed it the whole way. The secret ending has also been unlocked today and as usual it raises a million questions for fans to think about in the upcoming 15 year wait for Kingdom Hearts 4. To attain it you need to get all lucky emblems on easy, 60 on normal or 30 on proud mode.
    Faark that was quick lol

What % did you complete? I'm getting the game anyway, but just wanna check how long it is

15. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Faark that was quick lol

What % did you complete? I'm getting the game anyway, but just wanna check how long it is
    As a reference, the platinum takes 45-50 hours.

16. Post
    30 hours for the game that's not bad going for a Action RPG.

17. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Faark that was quick lol

Honestly I missed the majority of side content, there are things you can go back and do on each world with flan minigames, princess minigames, cooking, lucky emblems, finding missed treasure etc.

Spoiler:

Apart from all this, I'm really hoping that Critical Mode gets added soon as a free DLC. This game's combat is its best feature, just needs a bit more challenge.

18. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    I am indeed on 1080p although my TV is positively ancient. I didn't mess with the base functions but I do have supersampling enabled.
    Doesn't watch video, calls bullshit anyway

19. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    Saying it looks like a launch title from 2013 is absolute bullshit.

Basing this on having actually played the game, and played launch titles in 2013.

20. Post
    I took me till about the 3rd world to realise instead of turning on the abilities I was turning them off. SMH

21. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    I watched the video, I called bullshit on his comment. In no way does this game look like a launch title from 2013.

22. Post
    Kh3 tops sales charts in the UK, 80% of sales come from ps4 only 20% on Xbox RIP Kingdom hearts collection on Xbox.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...ive-debut-week

23. Post
    Playing this game now

Never played the other games - having quite a bit of fun so far, combat is mostly solid and I enjoy the Disney worlds

However the story makes no sense to me, is this expected?

24. Post
    If you pay attention to any gaming news outlets at all than yes you should have expected that. Thankfully, you can get the ps4 remaster collection if you want to go back and fill in the blanks.

Its simply the nature of these games and Nomura as a writer that many things are hard to grasp even for veterans. Several critical plot points in this game follow up on obscure details from side games like the mobile game that I never got to play. In fact the entire secret ending is impossible to understand without a working knowledge of kingdom hearts x chi, back cover,
    Spoiler:

25. Post
    These days I try to avoid spoilers for games, as such I avoid all story/specific detail news until the game releases then I look at scores and maybe watch a review and then buy it

Generally speaking it takes me about 2 minutes watching gameplay of a new game to decide if I want to buy it
    I then just add it to. My Wishlist and wait for release to see if the scores are good then buy it and experience everything without knowing fully what to expect

I didn’t want to buy the full edition that included the old games I case I didn’t like it
    But now I will consider grabbing the rest after this one

Cheers