Bikes, want one.

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 2,601 to 2,619 of 2619

1. Post
    Osiry wrote:
    You racing buckets? Looks like a hell of a lot of fun.
    Yup, this was my first race, first time on that bike and first time on slicks and I couldn't have chosen a harder race for myself. It was a bit stressful at first because I had fuelling issues, my knee sliders went missing and my helmet didn't arrive in time, but I got it sorted in the end.
    At this race I was against a class of 17 250s and 2 more FXR150s.
    One of the FXR riders was a really experienced rider that had come off superbikes and 600s and the other had been riding for about 1 year. I started the weekend doing 2:15 laps but managed to get it down to 2:07.8
    I was stoked with how I rode, I was clearly a lot faster than a lot of the 250s but there are a few sections where they dominate me in straight line speed and there was no way to keep up with them. I managed to pass a few of them in the infield but couldn't stick with them after that.

Riding the bucket over those 4 days has taught me a lot and I'm a far better rider because of it.
    I went from battling with the other slower FXR to leading him by a good 500m
    Last edited by jdz; 18th January 2020 at 6:31 am.

2. Post
    Have-a-go day at Ruapuna on the 9th of February, great opportunity for anyone to bring their bike down and have a go on the track.
    If there's any safety equipment you're missing, you're welcome to borrow some off me or the club.
    It's $100 and you'll be put into one of 3 different classes open to the public, C being the slowest and A being the fastest. You choose what class you're in.

Highly recommend these days for anyone that wants to improve their riding or just have a go at really pushing your bike without worrying about oncoming traffic, fences, power poles and speeding laws. I've always thought that 20mins on track is better than 20 days on the road, in regards to fun and what you learn.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2075642805906361/
    Last edited by jdz; 20th January 2020 at 9:02 am.

3. Post
    Who steals an indicator.

Was in the supermarket and in the <15 minutes I was gone, someone unscrewed and stole my rear left indicator. Just the one.

4. Post
    Jedateach wrote:
    Who steals an indicator.

Was in the supermarket and in the <15 minutes I was gone, someone unscrewed and stole my rear left indicator. Just the one.
    That's ****ing strange.

I've got a spare here if you want it? Ordered a set 4 months ago and only one arrived and 4 months late... It is a wired one though

5. Post
    jdz wrote:
    That's ****ing strange.

I've got a spare here if you want it? Ordered a set 4 months ago and only one arrived and 4 months late... It is a wired one though
    I know right? it's ok, I bought another from a wrecker it's in the post atm. Such a hassle lol.

Was more of a annoyance than anything. They didn't even take the whole indicator, just the orange lens, unscrewed it from the indicator and everything. It was unscrewed and removed, not broken or smashed.

6. Post
    Had another race this weekend at Ruapuna, bike issues galore!
    Fueling issues, choke issues and then the engine seized
    Apparently there's a high chance that it's a conrod bearing, I'm hoping that's all it is.

I didn't get a flying lap in qualifying so I was dead last on the grid, first race I pulled out with bike issues, second race I managed to complete with no issues, 3rd race I had more fueling issues, 4th race my bike seized...
    I was passing much faster and bigger bikes, my FXR has roughly 15hp and I was beating bikes with 25-100HP. I am very happy with that

7. Post
    Lemieux_66 wrote:
    Finally bought some bike boots as sick on my sneakers and socks getting soaked and being gross all day at work.
    FC-Moto only charged $30 NZD for shipping and they came from Germany to NZ in less that a week!
    Nice. Now I know what I want for next Christmas.

My cr85rb expert is now pretty much restored. Just need to redo seat cover.
    It was a rusty mess when I got it
    It looks like a real beast to me. By the way, can you suggest me a good seat pad among these? It's supposed to fit a big guy

8. Post
    The bike I am currently borrowing, it's a worked FXR150 with moto 3 fairings.
    Much faster than my stock bike by at least 2 seconds a lap

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scottstructual.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	78.7 KB 
ID:	228219

9. Post
    Has anybody got solid information on the Kawasaki 25r? Meant to be a 250 supercharged inline 4 with 60hp.

But if that's the case, I don't see it being lams approved so not sure how well it will do.

Production racing series in the works maybe?

10. Post
    Is it even going to make it here? I thought it was pretty much Indonesia only.

11. Post
    There's a 60hp and 43hp version going to be available and I really hope they become available in NZ, they look awesome.
    Definitely not supercharged though
    Last edited by jdz; 17th March 2020 at 8:25 pm.

12. Post
    Jedateach wrote:
    Is it even going to make it here? I thought it was pretty much Indonesia only.
    Says in this video, that though it was developed for their market, it is supposed to be available world wide.

13. Post
    They'd be crazy to not make it available world wide.
    I wasn't a huge fan of the styling of the new Kawasakis but after riding the new 636 and Ninja 400, I'm sold. Both were great bikes and no doubt the new 250 will be incredible

14. Post
    Just can't really see much of a market for the 60hp version other than maybe a specific race league, like hell yeah they'd be fun as hell to ride, but the expected like $11k+ retail price there's a lot of 'better' bikes you could buy for that since 60hp is not gonna make a LAMs cutoff.

I definitely hope they make it everywhere, I just think they could end up being way too expensive and rather super niche

15. Post
    My bike runs these plugs. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2020-03-19-22-46-29-189_com.android.chrome.png 
Views:	8 
Size:	279.2 KB 
ID:	228441
    And it's a V4...
    $263.96 for 4 spark plugs is ludicrous.
    Ended up paying less than half that shipping them from a guy in the UK.

16. Post
    Haha.

$65.99 per plug.

They're having a laugh.

17. Post
    Jedateach wrote:
    Just can't really see much of a market for the 60hp version other than maybe a specific race league, like hell yeah they'd be fun as hell to ride, but the expected like $11k+ retail price there's a lot of 'better' bikes you could buy for that since 60hp is not gonna make a LAMs cutoff.

I definitely hope they make it everywhere, I just think they could end up being way too expensive and rather super niche

Yeah absolutely, definitely a niche and nostalgic kinda bike.
    I imagine they'd be kind of bike that the Akaroa guys would buy just for the weekends, or race in Superlites.

18. Post
    If it's light enough, I could see a lot of people being interested in a 60hp supercharged 250!
    That'd be a hell of a lot of fun.

19. Post
    Had a box full of NC30 carb parts, plugs, and filters arrive from the UK on Tuesday. Should keep me busy for the next week or two.