Playstation 4 ("PS4")

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 8,551 to 8,575 of 8603

1. Post
    25 years of great times, its gone pretty fast imo.

had a large bit of nostalgia watching this vid, and a bit ashamed that i could name almost everything (minus sports/racing games)

here's hoping they can keep it going.

and god damn that PS1 boot up sound, such good times.

2. Post
    Drakarth wrote:
    25 years of great times, its gone pretty fast imo.

had a large bit of nostalgia watching this vid, and a bit ashamed that i could name almost everything (minus sports/racing games)

here's hoping they can keep it going.

and god damn that PS1 boot up sound, such good times.
    An absolute trip down memory lane. Now where did I put my copy of Timesplitters 2...

3. Post
    JRS wrote:
    still annoyed by that competition! lol. psx just turned 25. hard to believe it was 5 years ago...
    Get mad bro

4. Post
    • PS1 was a fantastic console with a killer library.
    • PS2 hardware was lacking compared to the competition, but had a great library of games.
    • PS3 was unmitigated shit, one of the worst consoles in history IMO. If PS5 has 100% BC, I will throw my PS3 off my balcony, no joke.
    • PS4 is a fine console but out of the very few exclusives it has, very little appeals to me.

5. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    • PS1 was a fantastic console with a killer library.
    • PS2 hardware was lacking compared to the competition, but had a great library of games.
    • PS3 was unmitigated shit, one of the worst consoles in history IMO. If PS5 has 100% BC, I will throw my PS3 off my balcony, no joke.
    • PS4 is a fine console but out of the very few exclusives it has, very little appeals to me.

Ps1 was incredible. Blew everything before it away like no console ever has.
    Ps2 was great but imo the weakest lineup of the four playstation consoles
    Ps3 was incredible after the slow start-amazing games
    Ps4 exclusive list is stunning and imo overall the best console library of games ever.

6. Post
    Usergame wrote:
    Ps1 was incredible. Blew everything before it away like no console ever has.
    Ps2 was great but imo the weakest lineup of the four playstation consoles
    Ps3 was incredible after the slow start-amazing games
    Ps4 exclusive list is stunning and imo overall the best console library of games ever.
    Are you high? The PS2 had a shit ton of awesome games and probably the best library in gaming history. GTA 3, VC and SA. MGS 2 and 3, RE Code Veronica,RE4, Devil may Cry, Onimusha, God of War 1&2, Tony Hawk etc etc

PS3 had a tonne of awesome games too but the XMB was sluggish as shit. Hardware wise it was a pretty bad console.

PS4 probably has the least exclusives of all these consoles and the smallest library.

What are you smoking lol

7. Post
    Maybe I've got rose tinted glasses but for me the PS2 had the best game library by far it's not even close

PS4 is ok, definitely underpowered for the first few years until the pro came along and while it has amazing exclusives there were too few of them especially towards the end now. I haven't touched my PS4 in a few months and may not until mid next year because there just isn't many exclusives between now and November when the ps5 drops

8. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    Are you high? The PS2 had a shit ton of awesome games and probably the best library in gaming history. GTA 3, VC and SA. MGS 2 and 3, RE Code Veronica,RE4, Devil may Cry, Onimusha, God of War 1&2, Tony Hawk etc eot
    and Toy Story graphics!

9. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    and Toy Story graphics!
    In comparison to what at the time, OG xbox wasn't any better, neither was gamecube

10. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    In comparison to what at the time, OG xbox wasn't any better, neither was gamecube
    Was just tongue in cheek my dude.

Here’s one of the articles
    Name:  03197AA9-9E7F-4283-B315-A062825B1EBE.jpeg
Views: 234
Size:  506.2 KB

11. Post
    Ps1/ps2 for me are God tier along with original Xbox. Never got into 360 or ps3 as was pc then.

12. Post
    Whilst the OS was shite, PS3 had the best library for my tastes.

13. Post
    gneiss wrote:
    and Toy Story graphics!
    haha yeah I remember that

14. Post
    Remember the media scaremongering about a PS2 being powerful enough to launch nuclear missiles?

15. Post
    The launch PS3, at least the 60gb one, was backwards compatible with ps2 and PS1 games, so you had the best of everything

16. Post
    PS1 brought gaming forward as a mainstream pastime, made it cool almost. Even tho it wasn't a launch feature, analog sticks made me buy one over an N64.

PS2 is what made me join GP. Black Box Sessions were fun, as were the multiplayer sessions we had at my house, Tormenta came to some, I think you did too Gneiss. PS2 had a great library, and it played DVD's! Was let down by the online aspect, which Xbox took the lead on.

Exclusives on the PS3 were generally great, but multiplatform devs didn't want to re-code the whole game for the Cell Processor, so shoehorned unoptimised code onto it resulting in sub-par performance from a lot of titles. Mark Cerny clearly thought that with the success of the PS2, they could do no wrong. He won't be making that mistake again.

With the PS4, Sony buried Microsoft and Don Mattrick with the whole "TV, TV, TV, TV, sports!, TV, TV, TV...." message, and the fact that almost half the RAM was reserved for Kinect, and leveraged the "It's all about the games" angle to become the clear winner for this gen. Great exclusives also helped seal the deal.

Next gen looks like it will be much more even - exciting times to be a console gamer.

17. Post
    Glad to see some love for the PS2. It had an awsome catalogue of games and was my primary console between 2001 and 2013. I still turn it on every once in a while, and play a little bit of GT4, Timesplitters 2 or SSX3, just for the nostalgia.

18. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Next step would be to replace the USB charging port, usually around $15 shipped off Trademe.
    Yeah I had bought one off ebay like 2 months ago for $2 free shipping and it never turned up. Finally arrived on Monday and it sorted it out. New battery cost me $8.

19. Post
    Spanked. wrote:
    Yeah I had bought one off ebay like 2 months ago for $2 free shipping and it never turned up. Finally arrived on Monday and it sorted it out. New battery cost me $8.
    Sweet at least it's sorted

20. Post
    I remember I didn't get a ps1 until the ps2 came out I brought it off a friend for something like $100 I think. I dont think I got a ps2 till like 2005/2006 and It was second hand iirc. I went through so many ps2's lol the failure rate on those things were actually impressive lol. It was always the same problems with the dvd drive.

21. Post
    I had a ps1 pretty early on, had an impressive collection of games. Got gifted on to nephews a year or so after having a ps2. Loved my ps2 and kept a few of my favourite ps1 games. I remember a mate from school buying the ps2 when they first came out for over a grand.

Never bought a ps3, went xbox one instead and regretted it. Went hard on pc gaming around this time so never played on my console. Bought a ps4 about three years ago I think. Then bought a ps3 a year and a half ago. Don't have a pc anymore so only game on my PlayStations. Takes me a while to get into a game so the ps only gets played once a month, if I find a game I enjoy it'll get thrashed every night.

22. Post
    The PS3 was my first ever Sony console. I chewed through 3 to 4 consoles due to some weird fault. Due to that I went towards Xbox One but that was a bit of a regret since they don't really have enough exclusives. I'm glad I picked up a PS4 Pro. Full of excellent exclusive titles. I can't wait til the PS5 launches

23. Post
    Had Ps1 a day before release. Ps2 on day 1 as well. And even won the red version from a gran turismo as a kid

24. Post
    I've never owned a console at launch. Always got it a year or 2 after when the price came down. I remember the PS2 originally launched for $1100 iirc lol. I was like **** that and waited until it was ~$600.

PS5 will probably be different story though.
    Last edited by Ins0mn1ac; 8th December 2019 at 7:54 pm.

25. Post
    matt8485 wrote:
    Failed attempt at gaslighting. GC was more powerful than PS2 and OG Xbox curb stomped it. Just go back and look at the crazy shit they were doing with lighting and shadows in the Splinter Cell games on Xbox, the PS2 and GC ports were heavily downgraded. OG Xbox was the first console that supported HD resolutions too.

Another thing was Xbox supported discrete Dolby Digital 5.1 surround for ALL games. I think PS2 had a very small handful of discrete 5.1 titles.