Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Really? 7.5?

If Blops 2 scores higher than this, im going to quit GP. You saw it here first.

3. Post
    Wow, a little lower than expected. I'll wait for PC.

4. Post
    Based on everything I've seen and read this score seems about right, and perhaps even slightly higher than I would expect. When a stealth franchise sheds the stealth aspect of the ip then its really showing that the publisher cares more about maximizing the audience rather than satisfying the existing fan base.

I may get this sometime next year, but I havnt liked any of the AC games since AC2, and the action focus of this title really doesnt enthuse me. Perhaps the popularity of Dishonored will wake up the AC and Hitman teams to the fact that good stealth games will be popular and received well.

5. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Based on everything I've seen and read
    Come on neff, we hold ourselves to higher standards than that.

6. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Really? 7.5?

You know it will. A quick look through the archives says as much!

7. Post
    Good-night sweet prince.

8. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Really? 7.5?

/Accepts resignation.

It will get a 9.0. You saw it here first.

9. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Come on neff, we hold ourselves to higher standards than that.
    Well fair enough, but when a stealth game drop the stealth in order to attract twitchers I really have no time for it. **** them I say.
    RPGs becoming less Arpeegiey to appeal to a bigger audience
    Horror games becoming less horrific to get that same audience
    and
    Stealth games dropping the stealth to grab some of those twitchers can all get ****ed.

I played AC for sneaky sneaky, climby climby, stabby stabby. From everything I've seen the sneaky sneaky has been almost completely dropped so Conner can be a wild Injun killing machine which mat be fun and all that, but not the AC experience I was looking for.

I reserve full judgement until I get some game time, but tbh I am not getting my hopes up.

10. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Well fair enough, but when a stealth game drop the stealth in order to attract twitchers I really have no time for it. **** them I say.
    RPGs becoming less Arpeegiey to appeal to a bigger audience
    Horror games becoming less horrific to get that same audience
    and
    Stealth games dropping the stealth to grab some of those twitchers can all get ****ed.

I played AC for sneaky sneaky, climby climby, stabby stabby. From everything I've seen the sneaky sneaky has been almost completely dropped so Conner can be a wild Injun killing machine which mat be fun and all that, but not the AC experience I was looking for.

I reserve full judgement until I get some game time, but tbh I am not getting my hopes up.
    Just out of interest, in regards to RE6, how much of it did you play? Which campaign? Leons campaign is the closest to the old survival horror as you'll get. Some genuine scares, Zombies, scarce ammo.

11. Post
    I never considered AC as a stealth franchise, ever

12. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Lol @ AC being a stealth franchise
    The first one was, at least.

13. Post
    I guess it did feature stealth mechanisms but to me it was more action-adventure than anything

14. Post
    First AC is still the best imo. Though everyone says 2 and Brotherhood was, nothing beats the original AC.

15. Post
    The game was good expect for the Kenway part I really wanted to experience Conner more than him. I being new to assassins creed got myself stuck on the sequence two: The surgeon.

16. Post
    Thought the 1st AC was too repetitive and annoying, 2nd one was better imo.

and yeah as Gwarden said, I also considered it action-adventure.

Loving the 3rd one so far

17. Post
    Anyone who says Brotherhood was better than the original is batshit insane.

18. Post
    Or has a different opinion

19. Post
    Both.

20. Post
    Assassins Creed has always been a disappointment for me, but I was after something that this game clearly isn't any way. Might try it out eventually if it goes on special on Steam or some such.

21. Post
    I never considered it stealth series. It was an action series with stealth elements.

22. Post
    meh never cared for AC so this review definetly wont change my mind

23. Post
    Shadow BlaZe wrote:
    First AC is still the best imo. Though everyone says 2 and Brotherhood was, nothing beats the original AC.
    Brotherhood and Revelations were both absolute garbage-ass, but I personally think AC2 was way, way, way better than the first.

24. Post
    http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/si...1119-81cf9.gif

That's what I say to repetitive, and the first is better, second put me off AC completely.

25. Post
    Seems like a pretty well-written review. Thanks for giving opinions rather than just telling us what's in the game.