1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Looks good from the sound of things. It will be interesting to see what they will release to the gamers at E3.

3. Post
    It's the first new time setting for the franchise since 2007's startlingly good Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, where the battles of World War II were swapped for killstreaks and airstrikes
    O_o Black Ops 1 took place in the 1960s.

4. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    O_o Black Ops 1 took place in the 1960s.
    I thought it was set in the current time but they were flashbacks to the past?

Also, what about world at war?

5. Post
    The first black ops was complete trash, I'm willing to bet this is just as crap.

6. Post
    Rungus wrote:
    I thought it was set in the current time but they were flashbacks to the past?
    Nope. Yes, the game is mostly told through flashbacks, but it's utterly in the '60s, save for one after WW2 against nazi remnants.

Also, what about world at war?
    WW2 - Pacific theatre and Russian front (Stalingrad to Berlin's fall).

7. Post
    Yeah, I'm surprised Dan made such an error. Was Black Ops so forgettable that he forgot what time period it was set in?

This game will be rubbish. I'd bet my left nut. Treyarch can't build engaging single player story lines - throwing copious amounts of enemies at you does not make a good, intense, war game.

8. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Yeah, I'm surprised Dan made such an error. Was Black Ops so forgettable that he forgot what time period it was set in?
    I think I was probably just concentrating on how cool the original Modern Warfare was, and kind of zoned out. I see some kindly passing editor has corrected it

9. Post
    May the COD franchise RIP. Should've stopped after modern warfare 2 I reckon.

10. Post
    JvJ wrote:
    I think I was probably just concentrating on how cool the original Modern Warfare was, and kind of zoned out. I see some kindly passing editor has corrected it
    It really was quite forgettable though, so I don't blame you

11. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    May the COD franchise RIP. Should've stopped after Call of Duty 4 I reckon.

This

12. Post
    Another steaming COD turd! Awesome

13. Post
    Liked every COD tbh, will prob pick this up (from some cdkey site probably though)

Come at me.

14. Post
    DeathbatDrummer wrote:

Come at me.

nah your probably camping for kill streaks :P

15. Post
    CowwieNZ wrote:
    nah your probably camping for kill streaks :P
    Haha nah I don't like camping, I'm the one running around like a headless chicken (with my akimbo fmgs... once again, come at me ) ahaha

16. Post
    COD is like the Twilight series for gamers:

17. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    May the COD franchise RIP. Should've stopped after modern warfare 2 I reckon.
    Nah, they should've just kept up the standard set with MW1.