Dota 2

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 7,526 to 7,543 of 7543

1. Post
    It's been an awesome tournament though, SEA teams are really starting to shine!
    Good to see my boy iceiceice back at the top

2. Post
    I'm proud to say I've finally stepped away from this game for good, the abysmal matchmaking due to Aus server being unpopular as **** played a part. Game is dying and rapidly, the reign of mobas has come and gone.

3. Post
    The way u said it made me think the game itself was dying. But the steam population charts trend seems to be gaining players over time

4. Post
    jdz wrote:
    It's been an awesome tournament though, SEA teams are really starting to shine!
    Good to see my boy iceiceice back at the top
    this is true, seeing SEA teams winning is ****ing rad

>when TNC smash liquid

bombjack wrote:
    The way u said it made me think the game itself was dying. But the steam population charts trend seems to be gaining players over time
    can't take a word that guy says seriously

5. Post
    **** this LGD vs VP game is good!

6. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    I'm proud to say I've finally stepped away from this game for good, the abysmal matchmaking due to Aus server being unpopular as **** played a part. Game is dying and rapidly, the reign of mobas has come and gone.
    "game is dying and rapidly" ahahahahaha this is the best thing I've read in a while. Where did you get this copy pasta from?

Also, when was there a "reign of mobas"? I would have thought it was the reign of zombie-survival-early access-take your money and run, type games

7. Post
    When was there a reign of mobas you ask?

When every free to play coming out was a Moba? Trying to throw Dota/League off their throne. You serious bro? There was many many articles stating that very headline 3-4 years back.

All you have to do is look at steam charts compare 2015/16.

You have to be deluded to not think otherwise.

The game is at its retention phase which means while theres no new players playing (or not enough to cover the people leaving) the game is dying mate. Dota is focused on ensuring the player base doesn't 'dip' any more and while they can try, people have moved on. Even league is dying and has no where near the numbers it had.

8. Post
    don't you know that once you stop playing a game that means that game is dead

9. Post
    popopop wrote:
    he said dying and he is right

http://steamcharts.com/app/570#All

i love dota but man you guys are sensitive.

10. Post
    popopop wrote:
    True, my bad.

11. Post
    Meh I'll just park it here, I'll be back in a year proving my point.

Unless Valve does something really revolutionary the game will die, granted I don't think they will let it die out completely I mean look at CS but the game is far faar past its peak it has plateaued for quite a while and now the numbers just keep dropping.

The difference between CS and Dota is CS is a pickup and play game where with DOTA you actually have to invest alot of time to be competitive and stay there which is why I think the numbers will drop even more than CS
    Last edited by Chaosfollowsme; 11th April 2018 at 5:53 pm.

12. Post
    yeah nah the game wont die in a year, it still has a good player count. Itll slowly die over the next 3-4 years or so, even then pro play will prob be popular for a while.

13. Post
    I'd estimate average player counter to be around 350,000 this time next year tbh

14. Post
    Chaosfollowsme wrote:
    I'd estimate average player counter to be around 350,000 this time next year tbh
    You're assuming here that with the release of Artifact and/or further quality of life changes that Valve make in the future, won't drive up the player base.

You're assuming the game won't see a resurgence with all the changes made to the pro circuit.

I think Valve should consider hiring a business analyst like you, when you clearly have such definitive insight lol

15. Post
    Lumb3r wrote:
    You're assuming here that with the release of Artifact and/or further quality of life changes that Valve make in the future, won't drive up the player base.

You're assuming the game won't see a resurgence with all the changes made to the pro circuit.

I think Valve should consider hiring a business analyst like you, when you clearly have such definitive insight lol
    artifact is a seperate game from dota so its not really relevant. Yeah those changes bring in small bumps but nothing long lasting, look at the link i posted above. You can see the player base is slowly declining. March 2017 had a 540k average and march 2018 had a 440k average.

16. Post
    Bro how many times has DOTA had big updates which I'm sure they even thought would bump up player numbers in the last 18 months?

No matter what Valve tries the numbers keep dropping, sure there will be a spike around TI, there always is. I get you love Dota I did too but nothing lasts forever accept that man and stop being so butthurt.

People are finding better ways to scratch their gaming itch rather than the mental slog Dota is

Theres also not much left of an untapped playerbase to tap into so whatever Valve does its not enough to compensate the long term players who are dropping like flies cause they've had enough - simply put.

17. Post
    Any good carries keen for battlecup tomorrow t4 or 3 have smurf account If someone else wants to gym
    In

18. Post
    Yep that time of the Year again!
    Another Awesome Weekend of Gaming, Drinking, and you get to meet and take the piss out of us in person.

SMG LAN

Forum and more Info

Check out the photos on the website! This Lan Its a Very Social fun event!

Register for a Invite
    Lan event is R18 Invite only.
    Don't Miss out Register for a Invite