Dota 2

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 7,451 to 7,475 of 7512

1. Post
    Do you think there'll ever be a day when people realize that vision wins games?
    When I play support, I barely have any items, I'll be lucky to have a force staff and arcanes at 30mins because I'm buying so many wards, smokes and dust. It's so much more effective than farming and your teammates getting ganked 24/7, especially when they have gap closing heroes like Axe, PA, Nyx etc

Just played a game with a farming Shaman, he said he'd support but just rushed aghs

2. Post
    I like support, and the support battle I have with opponent supports for warding/counter warding.

3. Post
    kazza wrote:

highest mmr average game i've had on aus i think
    nice 5k!

4. Post
    Anyone else play far worse when they're playing with certain friends? Whenever I play with a certain friend, I seem to play horribly. He's quite a bit better than me so maybe I'm stressing myself out or something

Gerter wrote:
    I like support, and the support battle I have with opponent supports for warding/counter warding.
    I get so mad when someone dewards me

5. Post
    jdz wrote:
    Anyone else play far worse when they're playing with certain friends? Whenever I play with a certain friend, I seem to play horribly. He's quite a bit better than me so maybe I'm stressing myself out or something

Potentially it's just pressure to not fail. I find that happened a lot early on when I played with friends who were much better.

When I played alone I was fine because I didn't give a shit if I made mistakes, but when playing with people you know then it feels worse to make mistakes because you can't just quit and forget about it.

A lot of it for me was just fear I was doing the wrong thing or being in the wrong place. Instead of just playing normally and doing normal dota things, I found myself aimlessly wandering around, especially if I was a support. Kinda not sure what to do and not wanting to do the wrong thing. The consequences of that being that I had no farm and no levels, so you end up falling behind every other player on the map and become feedy.
    I found that it's best just to get a comfortable hero and just go for it.

6. Post
    I think you're right, sounds like you've nailed it. I'll stick to my own game.

I wish Valve would fix the Bounty Hunter guide, I just had someone last pick Bounty as a carry 35 minute battlefury, 40 min sange...

7. Post
    daed gaem?

8. Post
    Man I'd love to be able to play a match that doesn't have a feeder, a smurf that just stomps as Invoker or someone who doesn't know what they're doing

9. Post
    this game is shit

10. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    daed gaem?
    post ti season is boring until new patch comes.

11. Post
    nzbleach wrote:
    daed gaem?
    What made you quit?

12. Post
    Not sure man. I've been playing dota since 2007. Played all through Uni and a lot of it. Must have over 10K hours. stopped counting!

It's just such a time consuming game and I've got nothing to show for it.

After a couple of months away the draw is no where near as strong and its stayed that way for the last 6 months. I don't plan on getting back into it but I can still fire up the odd game and enjoy myself.

13. Post
    True. Definitely agree with time consuming, eats up a lot of time

I'm quitting too, hopefully I can last and not re-install to come back lol

14. Post
    I don't even blame ppl for quitting DOTA. Every time I think it's a good time to play, I'm instantly full of remorse and regret. People have no ****ing idea how to use their brains, what synergy is and what they need to do to win. They just straight up pick heroes and decide on a game plan before the games even started before even thinking about adjusting to anything.

15. Post

I was playing with ex'OG member ana before , he's back in Aus

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/dota2/Ana

16. Post
    how to play a game where no one wants to ****en play pos 5 or 4 lol - 40 minutes with no vision and 4x wards in shop, also having a jungler when jungle this patch is crap with less xp and gold. 0 impact/contribution from junglers

this community is broken

17. Post
    iNx wrote:
    how to play a game where no one wants to ****en play pos 5 or 4 lol - 40 minutes with no vision and 4x wards in shop, also having a jungler when jungle this patch is crap with less xp and gold. 0 impact/contribution from junglers

this community is broken
    Are you unable to play pos 4 or 5? lol

Even if you're not pos 4 or 5, can you not buy a ward or two @ 50g/ward?

With your kind of mentality, its no wonder you think the community is "broken"

18. Post
    iNx is scrub tier so I wouldn't worry bout it

19. Post
    i got from 4k to 5k by jungling.

20. Post
    Lumb3r wrote:
    Are you unable to play pos 4 or 5? lol

Even if you're not pos 4 or 5, can you not buy a ward or two @ 50g/ward?

With your kind of mentality, its no wonder you think the community is "broken"
    You barely play support much do you? If you did, you would know it costs 60g for a ward.

I main pos 5 in scrims...

Lethargic wrote:
    iNx is scrub tier so I wouldn't worry bout it
    Hows that 1K?

serious>klown wrote:
    i got from 4k to 5k by jungling.
    Sure you did mate, nice trolling, link me your dotabuff. In 5k/6ks, no one plays jungle, its an instant loss for lanes.

21. Post
    Bloody 1kers

22. Post
    iNx wrote:
    Sure you did mate, nice trolling, link me your dotabuff. In 5k/6ks, no one plays jungle, its an instant loss for lanes.
    Nope. easy game. 2/3 of the game is in the draft. Especially safe/mid lane.
    Even at 5k+, plenty of games have terrible last picks.

No dotabuff profile but here's a screenshot. Down to 4.8k cause of chronic shit pickers picking shit after watching a pro game.

23. Post
    Ugh I hate 1 hero spammers.. sure Jugg is decent and Riki is ok, but if you don't get one of those 3 heroes your true mmr skill is low as shit' and they're all heros that aren't lane dependent which basicly says to me you can't lane for shit.

Also for someone to spam a hero 1000 times and only have a 53% winrate is pretty ****en bad.

Am I jealous? Maybe a little but meh plenty of people out there who don't rate people with a narrow hero pool.,

24. Post
    You do realize i only usually play cancer/rat heroes? (except techies)

Safe lane for me is pretty easy actually, just boring. Spec/sven/ck/slark/am/jugg/morph all require 15-20min farm, then hop onto jungle anyway. They all have exact same builds respectively too.

Some of the mid lane heroes are important but bothersome to play (like ember/invoker/tinker) for a non mmr pusher.

yea 2/3 of game in the draft. 5k isn't a big deal, even a casual player can reach 5k by jungling and watching tv.
    Just saying this because people saying jungling = auto lose.

25. Post
    Funny how you say that, yet you can't even provide your dotabuff. Why the need to not post it? Screenshots aren't real proof. Reasons to ask for it is to see your recent matches if you've actually played jungle in ranked mm.

Seriously, jungle is crap this patch, less xp and gold, if you're going to jungle you need an independent offlaner hero who is durable to survive two-three hero ganks and leech xp. I think having an NP is fine because of his mobility and impact later in the game.

Though I've asked popular streamers who are in 6k-7k, one of them being BSJ - do they jungle in high mmr games, he responded if you want a report then yeah.