Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 4475

1. Post
    Hey guys,

So I got my new MTB about 6 weeks ago now and have been absolutely having a blast at Woodhill (Done about 8 days with it).

It's an ex-demo bike, although they said it has only been used a few times and basically like new.
    However my gears feel noisier than when I first had it (shifting sounds/feels a bit more violent) and my second lowest gear now is unuseable because if I put too much torque on it, it will slip into another gear. Should I take it back for to try get a free check up/fix up since it's supposed to be like new, or is this expected due to the amount riding I've done with it so far?

2. Post
    Have you been keeping the drivetrain lubricated?
    Things like cables can wear-in so just bring it in for a tune-up.

3. Post
    AlDrag perhaps the gears need setting up a bit better. Take it back to the shop, or just rock into any bike shop. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

Here's a video shot from our sketchy ride on Sunday. Crankenstein into Gully.

4. Post
    Some of that top stuff looks real mean, then the lower shit starts to get sketchy as ****.

Nelson is on my todo list looks like some mean riding

5. Post
    Yeah that's Crankenstein! Pretty awesome trail. Gully is maybe a once per year kind of thing. Nelson is def worth a visit

6. Post
    Yeah once my arms are all sussed, May try take a week and come ride.

Slightly tempted to buy these

7. Post
    capriv8 wrote:
    Nelson is def worth a visit
    I need to go again. It was severe rain warnings when I was there at the start of the year. Soo much rain didn't do nearly as much as I wanted

8. Post
    Boo. The weather has been amazing for the last (almost) month. Time for a revisit haha.

Those DMR pedals are sick. I have the Brendog Vaults. The bearings are trash after a couple of years, but they still spin OK. I'd get Nukeproofs next, personally. Had a pair of alloy Protons that lasted 5 years with perfect bearings

9. Post
    Could make a trip over and come ride with you fellas one weekend.

10. Post
    Going to Nelson this weekend. Wairoa Gorge and Nydia are on the list for day 1 and 2. Any other recommendations? Last time I was there we hit up Dun Mountain and Codgers.. I'd prefer to try out some new stuff. Wakaramina has also been on the bucket list for ages now...

11. Post
    capriv8 wrote:
    Boo. The weather has been amazing for the last (almost) month. Time for a revisit haha.

Those DMR pedals are sick. I have the Brendog Vaults. The bearings are trash after a couple of years, but they still spin OK. I'd get Nukeproofs next, personally. Had a pair of alloy Protons that lasted 5 years with perfect bearings
    I was looking at the Sam Hill horizons but trying to source anything in nz is a nightmare. Will have to order from uk

Came across the vaults in my travels they look quite wicked haha
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 16th October 2018 at 8:39 am.

12. Post
    redlimit wrote:
    Going to Nelson this weekend. Wairoa Gorge and Nydia are on the list for day 1 and 2. Any other recommendations? Last time I was there we hit up Dun Mountain and Codgers.. I'd prefer to try out some new stuff. Wakaramina has also been on the bucket list for ages now...
    Man where do I start... You'll be cooked after a gorge day, never mind Nydia Bay Props if you can pull that off. If you have enough legs in the bank for a 3rd day (and have already ridden Codgers and Dun) might I suggest a trip to Kaiteriteri (if it's sunny). Easy trails. Beautiful place. Beer, fish and chips on the beach to end the day.. https://www.trailforks.com/region/motueka/map/

Otherwise the usual recommendation is anything up Sharlands or Maitai. But some of those trails are a step up from the gorge stuff so I don't know if that's what you want.

Ludez, jstar, pie, red etc - always happy for people to join a ride. I'm riding most weekends

13. Post

yfy

14. Post
    Lmfao that’s gold. But so true

Have a bell sixer black size M 55-59cm 3 -4 rides on it hasn’t been crashed just doesn’t fit quite right $120
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 16th October 2018 at 1:53 pm.

15. Post
    That video is so true haha!

16. Post
    JstaR wrote:
    That video is so true haha!
    Indeed... I'm up to the third bike and hoping I won't feel the need to upgrade anytime soon!

17. Post
    Random shock question, intense list the tracers factory x2 as 216mm x 63mm, which I’m assuming is just an 8.5”(215.9mm) x 2.5” (63.5mm)

Are my assumptions correct?

Way to late to ring intense. thought I’d ask here before I order anything

18. Post
    Yeah that's near enough.

19. Post
    Correct, it's the "same" length as far as the standard goes.

Could be keen on your x2 depending on price?

20. Post
    AgrAde wrote:
    Correct, it's the "same" length as far as the standard goes.

Could be keen on your x2 depending on price?
    Thanks for the clarification

Haven’t thought that far ahead, I’ll pm ya
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 16th October 2018 at 6:29 pm.

21. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    Lmfao that’s gold. But so true

Have a bell sixer black size M 55-59cm 3 -4 rides on it hasn’t been crashed just doesn’t fit quite right $120
    Damn it. I just bought one brand new for A LOT more than that.

Edit: Btw does anyone know where to get a Go Pro attachement for the bell sixer? It has some breakaway hole but googling it brings me nothing.

22. Post
    Did it not come with one?
    It should've.

23. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Did it not come with one?
    It should've.
    No! I don't remember seeing them on any of the helmets there actually! Maybe they were supposed to give me one from behind the counter. I'll hit them up (evocycles).

24. Post
    Did they give you the retail box?
    I just about walked out of Evo when I bought my fullface before I remembered it should have come with a GoPro mount.
    Had them fish one out of the box out the back.

25. Post
    AstoriaParanoia wrote:
    Did they give you the retail box?
    I just about walked out of Evo when I bought my fullface before I remembered it should have come with a GoPro mount.
    Had them fish one out of the box out the back.
    Nope. Came with no box at all.

I bought the Bell forty a week ago (came with no box either), but took it back as it didn't fit right and swapped it for the Bell Sixty. No box :/ Sounds like I need to talk to them. Wonder what else I missed out on from the box considering the price.