Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 4,251 to 4,275 of 4475

1. Post
    Taking my bike in on Sunday to get all the stuff I need to done so when I can jump back on the bike it’s good to go

Was in the shop yesterday seen these new mud flaps for the front Tyre they screw onto the fox 34/36 going to put one on, way better than cable ties looks so sleek

2. Post
    What stores do you guys use to buy parts/components etc when you can't find it in .co.nz?

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com is always great, especially with free shipping, but they seem to be missing a few brands lately. E.g. looking at in-gear-hub prices and it's hard to find anything. Burkes has them, but not all the models.

3. Post
    Their NZ site doesn't have as big of a selection, probably due to them not having the distributor rights for some brands. I've ordered stuff from them before and its been a really positive experience, very quick shipping etc.

Sometimes I just find little things on eBay tbh, like my valve caps or chain stay guards. DealExtreme actually has some decent cycle accessories too.

4. Post
    lueyyou wrote:
    Their NZ site doesn't have as big of a selection, probably due to them not having the distributor rights for some brands. I've ordered stuff from them before and its been a really positive experience, very quick shipping etc.
    Ha. DealExtreme. Haven't visited them in about 10 years.

Thanks for that reminder it's an 'NZ site'. I just switched back and the sale I was browsing suddenly has WTB gear again.

5. Post
    Wiggle and Merlincycles are the two other big UK ones I use.

6. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Wiggle and Merlincycles are the two other big UK ones I use.
    Wiggle = CRC right?
    Have seen Merlin mentioned on some blogs, but didn't know we could use them. Thanks.

7. Post
    Nope, Wiggle are their main competition. I got my custom wheels from Merlin, they have a couple of retired engineers who do nothing but build wheels all day. In fact mine have not had so much as even a loose spoke - so can definitely recommend them for that.

8. Post
    Bikeinn is good for Shimano. FYI we won't be able to bring Shimano in after January. You'll have to go through your LBS. Better stock up on pads and rotors now

9. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    Nope, Wiggle are their main competition.
    Looks like Wiggle merged with (they bought) ChainReaction in 2016.

Good to hear about wheels.

- - - Updated - - -

capriv8 wrote:
    Bikeinn is good for Shimano. FYI we won't be able to bring Shimano in after January. You'll have to go through your LBS. Better stock up on pads and rotors now
    Good to know...why is that?

10. Post

11. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Looks like Wiggle merged with (they bought) ChainReaction in 2016.
    Ah, didn't know that, then again I haven't bought anything from there since then - good to know. I see they've also bought the German e-tailer Bike24 as well.

12. Post
    Anyone here running Cushcore?

Tried to get my hands on a gold Renthal Fatbar Carbon but no joy only way I can find to do it would be buy a top of the line Capra take the bars then try sell it

Even the nz supplier said nope can’t get them
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 13th October 2018 at 12:10 pm.

13. Post
    Saw a wild capriv8 out in public today!

14. Post
    I saw a domesticated ilikepie2 today

15. Post
    Pxndx wrote:
    I saw a domesticated ilikepie2 today
    Haha pretty much lol, domesticated house bitch atm. ****ing over it that’s for sure

once I find out when my other surgery is we should sus out a ride with all us Wellington folk

How did the DH bike go ludez

16. Post
    Revisiting this trail today... Wish me luck

17. Post
    She’s all clean ready to go, when I am. now i remember why I don’t clean it you find chips.

18. Post
    ^ go get it dirty!

I just got back from Gully 629, it's actually a great time! Rode everything properly, just a had a few dabs. It's a very technical beast and not a fast trail. Good to put it to bed after that abysmal effort in the video.

19. Post
    capriv8 wrote:
    ^ go get it dirty!

I just got back from Gully 629, it's actually a great time! Rode everything properly, just a had a few dabs. It's a very technical beast and not a fast trail. Good to put it to bed after that abysmal effort in the video.
    Mate I wish I’m frothing to get back on her. stitches out on Tuesday, find out about the other arm at same time.

If they don’t want to operate on my other arm, I’ll be on the bike in 2 weeks day before I go back to work

Last edited by ilikepie2; 14th October 2018 at 1:38 pm.

20. Post
    ilikepie2 wrote:
    She’s all clean ready to go, when I am. now i remember why I don’t clean it you find chips.
    And cracks, that's why it's important to keep your bikes clean.

21. Post
    Always terrifed to clean the mud off mine to find those new chips and rub marks...or cracks.

Burried in work this weekend so couldn't get out. Can't get out on the pedals for the next two weeks either which is a bummer.

22. Post
    Yeah cracks to all tho if it breaks it’s insured.

The new smith helmets look quite nice. Kinda frustrated at how much stuff I’ve forgotten to buy or just put off

Suppose that’s what happens when you try sell the bike tho

23. Post
    Hit up whites bay today. My back couldn't hack it so I ended up walking the bike 70% of the way up. We did cheat and took the truck up to the carpark. Was not really prepared for that but I just wanted to go do it again straight away.

24. Post
    Yeah it's quite a mission.
    What bike did you push in the end?

25. Post
    Big announcement for the Gorge today.

Wairoa Gorge land has been donated to DoC as a Recreation Reserve, with the Mountain bike trails managed by Nelson Mountain Bike Club.

Great news as (you may not have been aware) there was a lot of uncertainty about the future of the Gorge for riding.

https://nelsonmtb.club/news/wairoa-g...ation-reserve/