Good deal thread

Thread Rating: 36 votes, 5.00 average.
(36 votes)

1. Post
    werewolves? wrote:
    So 3.49 for Dead Space is probably worth it, however 41.99 US for Dead Space 2 is probably not

My guess is you can find dead space 2 for cheaper elsewhere even after steams so called 40% discount. Jack-up the prices, then discount it.. brilliant steam!

I don't know how much dead space 2 is if you're american, but I'll bet its a lot cheaper than $41.99

edit: yup, I was correct. DS2 is only $23 for those not getting gouged.

2. Post
    DS2 $24USD for US
    DS1 $5USD for US

I bought DS1 during the Christmas sale for $5.10US and haven't even started to play it. Could have saved myself ~$2.

3. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    My guess is you can find dead space 2 for cheaper elsewhere even after steams so called 40% discount. Jack-up the prices, then discount it.. brilliant steam!

I don't know how much dead space 2 is if you're american, but I'll bet its a lot cheaper than $41.99

edit: yup, I was correct. DS2 is only $23 for those not getting gouged.
    you sir, are an idiot.

it is EA's regional pricing for causing DS2 to be so hideously overpriced.

4. Post
    I'm just hoping my $4 game purchases will last me through to the next sale.

Not paying more that $10 for a game is awesome.

5. Post
    Cloaker wrote:
    you sir, are an idiot.

it is EA's regional pricing for causing DS2 to be so hideously overpriced.

No shit Sherlock

6. Post
    feeblecom wrote:
    got so far this weekend
    Crysis® Maximum Edition
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition
    +dead space 1

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    No shit Sherlock
    then it is not steams fault, it is EA's fault.

8. Post
    Cloaker wrote:
    then it is not steams fault, it is EA's fault.

just forget it

9. Post
    Admitting when one is wrong is a sign of strength

10. Post
    Got crysis off steam, theres no working cd keys. Theres 600+ posts on the steam crysis forums regarding people with the same issue. Not impressed.

11. Post
    This happened when I bought Crysis during the xmas sale. That and not being able to play steam crysis on windows 7 64bit, which they don't even tell you.

12. Post
    hosti|e wrote:
    Got crysis off steam, theres no working cd keys. Theres 600+ posts on the steam crysis forums regarding people with the same issue. Not impressed.
    Why the **** do they do this, doesn't make any sense at all. They must have an idea as to how many copies will be sold.

13. Post
    FlipSide_nz wrote:
    Why the **** do they do this, doesn't make any sense at all. They must have an idea as to how many copies will be sold.
    They probably knew how many cd-keys were left, but allowed the purchase to go through; better than being denied the purchase on sale. Imagine the backlash if Crysis went on sale and when you purchased it, it said "Sorry, we're out of stock, buy it tomorrow lol".

As long as they're going to issue people fresh CD-Keys I'm ok with waiting (out of cap anyway).

14. Post
    FlipSide_nz wrote:
    obviously not, i wonder how many copies were sold, it would be interesting to to know how many people bought the game.

15. Post
    happened alot during xmas sale. Dont worry about it, they just need to order more keys from EA...doesnt take long.

They can underestimate the amount sold...and im sure theres a good reason why they dont ask for a bijillian-brazillian cd keys from publishers before-hand

16. Post
    I had this idea in my head that whatever Steam uses to dish out keys would be the same as whatever the publishers use to generate them in the first place.

17. Post
    FlipSide_nz wrote:
    I had this idea in my head that whatever Steam uses to dish out keys would be the same as whatever the publishers use to generate them in the first place.
    That would be like 1 company gifting its product to another company for free (unsold cd keys)

18. Post
    refused wrote:
    This happened when I bought Crysis during the xmas sale. That and not being able to play steam crysis on windows 7 64bit, which they don't even tell you.

It can be done, you just gotta do some modifications.

Download and update to the newest patch. Then download and replace your .exe with the Windows Vista crysis.exe

Then run the vista.exe as administrator and in vista compatability mode.

This made the game work for me on Windows 7 x64

Although these steps may need some modification, since I used the retail version.

19. Post
    feeblecom wrote:
    got so far this weekend
    Crysis® Maximum Edition
    Mass Effect
    Mass Effect 2 Digital Deluxe Edition
    Medal of Honor Standard WW
    Medal of Honor: Airborne
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Vietnam
    Battlefield Bad Company 2 Standard Edition

now +$50 download to play now,lol

20. Post
    Do many people play BC2 Vietnam? I've got BC2 and can always find a game, is it the same for Vietnam?

21. Post
    Just got BC2 for $6.80 - so cheap.

Yer is Vietnam better? more popular?

22. Post
    ^^ was wondering the same thing so did a quick search: http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/394027/?s=

the consensus on the last page seems to be that it's relatively dead and that people are playing mainly the vanilla bc2. is this right?

23. Post
    When it first came out it was huge, however in the last few months it has almost died maybe 1 or 2 servers with ppl.
    I expect with the sale ppl will play it again, i think it was well worth the money tho.

24. Post
    I enjoyed Vietnam

25. Post
    Technicolour wrote:
    I enjoyed Vietnam

Its a shame if there aren't many full servers. From what I've heard, Vietnam is better than the original game... but at the end of day its not free DLC and DLC always segments the market.