Holy shit, it's international cricket

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 4,151 to 4,174 of 4174

1. Post
    Is this game in Australia or India? Holy shit.

2. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    Straya

India has maj crown in eng, nz and aus. Sa aint bad for 'em either...

3. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    It's raining, obviously in Australia

Three T20's in a row now it's been raining G_G Aussie

4. Post
    First I’ve seen the bumrah guy bowl, man he gets it through of bugger all run up. Kohli being a douche as normal arguing with umpires

5. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    First I’ve seen the bumrah guy bowl, man he gets it through of bugger all run up. Kohli being a douche as normal arguing with umpires

Bumrah is ugly af in action. But this boy is a helluva bowler. Any format..

Best yorker in the world, better than Starc and Malinga - seam and a nasty af surprise inswinger. Good pace too - mid 140s whenever he wants...

He wants the batsman to underestimate him..

6. Post
    Looking at that crowd in Melbourne last night, I'd estimate around 3/4 of them were Indian fans. To be fair, Test match cricket has always garnered the most support across the ditch. With the state of cricket currently in Aus I suppose you can't be too critical of the Aussie fans for not turning out in droves to view the shorter formats live. I imagine it would be disheartening to represent your country at home and have more support turn out for the visiting opposition however...

7. Post
    Kcm_999 wrote:
    Looking at that crowd in Melbourne last night, I'd estimate around 3/4 of them were Indian fans. To be fair, Test match cricket has always garnered the most support across the ditch. With the state of cricket currently in Aus I suppose you can't be too critical of the Aussie fans for not turning out in droves to view the shorter formats live. I imagine it would be disheartening to represent your country at home and have more support turn out for the visiting opposition however...
    In the 1980's all their home ODI games were sell outs. All of them. Their attendance has dropped drastically. Cost, air con, big teles, more pressure to behave well...

Day night tests at Adelaide get good attendance. As does Boxing Day and New Year in Sydney. But besides that - Aussies love their BBL now.

Aussies are an odd bunch - league - test ticket sales there are horrid. State of Origin - sell outs. Club football sells better than RLWC finals...

AFL goes without saying. They seem to majority care about Cricket's Ashes, the BBL and beating their intrastate or interstate rival in non-intl footy codes.

India gets home games effectively in NZ (in the big cities anyway), Eng and Aus these days.

There was a SL odi or t20 not that long ago at Eden Park, Sri Lanka had by far the most fans.
    Last edited by Paddles; 24th November 2018 at 1:27 pm.

8. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Anyone who likes comparative stats - this is really interesting:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/the-as...2018;type=year

The Amla decline is very obvious. As is how much SA will be set to struggle without ABdV.

Hazelwood, Starc and Lyon are all going at over 37 runs per wicket yet the Aussie media are still talking them up as the best in the world - seriously look at Safrica's and Pakistan's bowling grouping! The English batting stats with who is ranked where is quite amusing. Ishant Sharma has had a great year! The Indian seamers have loved 2018 so far.

Everyone knows Curran and Holder had great years. But a few things have slipped under the media radar.

The most significant of which - 2018 has been very much a year for the bowlers. Contrary to all media suggesting the opposite is true.
    25.94 per wicket... - lowest in 50 years. Media has finally caught on...

9. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    25.94 per wicket... - lowest in 50 years. Media has finally caught on...
    Pakistan currently doing their best to change this, **** me this is slow going..

10. Post
    Kcm_999 wrote:
    Pakistan currently doing their best to change this, **** me this is slow going..
    Yeah - Pakistan seem to be backing on a NZ collapse.

11. Post
    Sorry - put this in the wrong thread before:

Mitch Marsh dropped - Aus play 6 batsmen.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...in-aus-2018-19

See NZ selectors: allrounders are optional...

Even in the heat of Australia...

12. Post
    Paddles wrote:
    Sorry - put this in the wrong thread before:

Mitch Marsh dropped - Aus play 6 batsmen.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/series/1...in-aus-2018-19

See NZ selectors: allrounders are optional...

Even in the heat of Australia...
    In our home conditions, I agree that we could play 6 batsmen and rely on 3 seamers and 1 spin option (Even 4 seamers depending on the pitch). But only in home conditions.

If we played a lineup with only 4 bowling options in Asia or other SENA countries you might find that we struggle to take all 10 wickets.

With that being said, I think CDG will dominate against SL in the upcoming tests. He seems to do well against poorer opposition

13. Post
    I would love to see us play 6 genuine batsman, Watling and 4 bowlers. The best test side I ever saw play would be that early 2000's Aus team and that was model they went with. NZC seem to have an infatuation with all-rounders though.

14. Post
    Kcm_999 wrote:
    In our home conditions, I agree that we could play 6 batsmen and rely on 3 seamers and 1 spin option (Even 4 seamers depending on the pitch). But only in home conditions.

If we played a lineup with only 4 bowling options in Asia or other SENA countries you might find that we struggle to take all 10 wickets.

With that being said, I think CDG will dominate against SL in the upcoming tests. He seems to do well against poorer opposition
    Depends on all countries. England I back our swing attack and spinners to get it done without the need of a 5th.

SA - depends on whether they leave the grass on - grass on - 4 is fine. Grass off, in the old AbDV peak Amla days we needed 5. Now with their weak batting I am not so sure.

Yes - we need 5 on Aus roads cos we suck outside day/night and Hobart tests.

NZ - yeah - most the time 4 will do, but CdG does well over here...

CdG did well vs England with bat and SA and Pak in bowling, so he is a home town bully, not a minnow basher.

15. Post
    Indigo1 wrote:
    I would love to see us play 6 genuine batsman, Watling and 4 bowlers. The best test side I ever saw play would be that early 2000's Aus team and that was model they went with. NZC seem to have an infatuation with all-rounders though.
    It is a recent thing. Started with DV batting so well. And just caught on. NZ post Coney played a batsman at 6, Hadlee at 7 and a wicket keeper below Hadlee. So it is really recent.

There were tests where Cairns and Harris were in the top 4 bowlers... with Astle probably bluffing as the 5th (Eng 99 tour iirc)

NZ used to use allrounders like Nash and Cairns to bat deep, not play endless numbers of bowlers...

Part of the problem I think is that Boult and Southee more so are just a tad precious...

That was okay when Southee bowled mid 140's - but now he's early 130's - I think he should do more grunt work like Neil - and NZ would be fine with 4...

Hadlee would not play if he could not give 20 overs min in a day. It is pretty easy to get through 90 overs in a day with 4 men.

16. Post
    Good debut so far for young Will Somerville, 4 wickets and a fighting knock in the first innings. Hopefully he can stick around with Kane when they resume later today as he looked to have more application and grit then most of our "batsmen". Southee failed to impress as expected, agree with Paddles that Southee is a bit precious.

I reckon we need a lead of 200-250 to feel somewhat secure going into the 4th innings, lightning rarely strikes twice so I'm not confident we can skittle Pakistan for less then 200 in this game. Hope our batsmen can surprise me and not collapse as has been the trend for most of this series.

17. Post
    Has anyone got a decent stream? Skygo isn't working on any ****ing browser. How can that service still be so shit?

18. Post
    Skygo working for me, it uses flash player which is blocked by default on Chrome and Firefox. I'm using latest version of Chrome and you have to tweak the settings to allow flash player to run. Hopefully this helps.

19. Post
    Great viewing Starc vs Pant. Starc is getting it up to 150ks and Pant is throwing the bat everywhere. Pant is clearly insanely talented though.

20. Post
    david522 wrote:
    Great viewing Starc vs Pant. Starc is getting it up to 150ks and Pant is throwing the bat everywhere. Pant is clearly insanely talented though.
    Pant is a filthy but orthodox slogger who will make many big scores very quickly.

He is like an angry gnome with a huge backswing. His keeping is awful, thought. One could say it is pants.

21. Post
    Ross's last century against a SENA side at home was 2010. Never done anything vs SA.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...by_Ross_Taylor

KW has punished SA repeatedly at home (Steyn, Philander, MMorkel, Rabada). England century last year.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ane_Williamson

I think there's a country mile between them head to head to be fair.

Much closer in ODI, though...

22. Post
    Epic partnership between Kane and Henry in the NZ vs PAK test. Well worth staying up to watch, hopefully we can score a quick 50 or so more runs tomorrow morning. A lead of 250 should be enough in my opinion. Pakistan suck at chasing down 4th innings totals.

23. Post
    Kcm_999 wrote:
    Epic partnership between Kane and Henry in the NZ vs PAK test. Well worth staying up to watch, hopefully we can score a quick 50 or so more runs tomorrow morning. A lead of 250 should be enough in my opinion. Pakistan suck at chasing down 4th innings totals.
    We do have a thread for this series lol

24. Post
    <N> wrote:
    We do have a thread for this series lol
    Cheers, I'll go check it out... my bad.