Black Mesa Source

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... Last

1. Post

Black Mesa Source

Official trailer

HD version

HELL YEAH! Hopefully it'll actually see the light of day next year.

2. Post
    For Lazy people like me

Think thats the trailer?

3. Post
    Looks pretty mean.. ^_^

4. Post
    yuus, i thought they would never get around to finishing this. ild rather pay for this TBH, it will be totally worth it and ild rather give these guys money than waste it on all the hiped up peices of shit these days

5. Post
    Awesome, i really hope valve helps them get it out there when its finally finished.

6. Post
    so its just a remake of HL1??

7. Post
    I'd reckon they should contact Valve and try n get it sold via steam and have a retail version as well

8. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    I'd reckon they should contact Valve and try n get it sold via steam and have a retail version as well
    I doubt that they'd legally be able to. Maybe if they bought the mod out-right like they did with CS and DoD, else I really don't see it happening.

Then there's the factor that the creators' of the mod may want it to be 100% free forever, which is how it should be IMO.

FYI Any Valve Source game is the only requirement, even trash like DM:S and HL1:S from what I gather.

9. Post
    That looks soo awesome, it brings back some good memories too. I hope it does actually make it out of production.

10. Post
    I think I just creamed

11. Post
    flashnz wrote:
    ild
    lol

12. Post
    How about getting the HD version hosted on GP?

13. Post
    WarZoner wrote:
    No way, they'd never be allowed to. To be honest, I'm surprised Valve actually allowed them to go that far - i.e. no cease and desist letters.

14. Post
    will re-buy hl2 for this seeing i lost the disks when i left home

15. Post
    meeekael wrote:
    will re-buy hl2 for this seeing i lost the disks when i left home
    if you have access to the steam account you registered with HL2, then you shouldn't need the disks any more..

i lost my hl1/of/blue shift disks, but they were registered to my steam account thankfully

16. Post
    Woah, This totally fell off my radar. It's looking mad as though.

17. Post
    Cloaker wrote:
    if you have access to the steam account you registered with HL2, then you shouldn't need the disks any more..

i lost my hl1/of/blue shift disks, but they were registered to my steam account thankfully
    I'd love to download them again, but that'd be a horrendous amount of bandwidth!!

18. Post
    Sigh. I need to buy a new PC, fast! This only just managed HL2 in full detail (No Vsync or FSAA), doubt it will go NEAR this

19. Post
    Wait, Dan Vettori is in this game? (see 24 sec, that Gordon?)

20. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Sigh. I need to buy a new PC, fast! This only just managed HL2 in full detail (No Vsync or FSAA), doubt it will go NEAR this

just run it at like medium ???

21. Post
    kapusta wrote:
    No way, they'd never be allowed to. To be honest, I'm surprised Valve actually allowed them to go that far - i.e. no cease and desist letters.
    they actually mentioned the mod in one of their steam update thingies a couple months back. It's also not an exact remake pixel for pixel which valve probably would have been unhappy about and it is a mod so they aren't being commercially ripped off either.

22. Post
    Looks absolutely amazing... Just so professionally done

23. Post

24. Post
    WTF Darkforce!

man i miss hldm

25. Post
    esoj wrote:
    they actually mentioned the mod in one of their steam update thingies a couple months back. It's also not an exact remake pixel for pixel which valve probably would have been unhappy about and it is a mod so they aren't being commercially ripped off either.
    You don't have to have a commercial mod for the developers/publishers to take action.