Random Crap Thread

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Results 11,876 to 11,900 of 11915

1. Post
    The oil on those, at that that km will be self changing, just keep adding it as needed

I loved my AE111, those are very nearly the same

2. Post
    It will be slow, but hard to kill.

My first silvertop was $500 out of a wreckers yard, and did 8 years of nothing but motorsport use.

3. Post
    Anyone dealt a bank for car insurance? Tower just put up my premium by $100 for no reason what so ever and Westpac is now half the price.

4. Post
    NOMIS wrote:
    Haha bit much for me right now! I definitely plan on owning one again one day though.

Thoughts on this bad boy for an entry level car? ]
    It will be alot faster once you remove the 20-30Kg of stickers.

5. Post
    Galent wrote:
    Anyone dealt a bank for car insurance? Tower just put up my premium by $100 for no reason what so ever and Westpac is now half the price.
    I have my work vehicles through ASB, they are usually just onselling insurance for a company like Vero, Tower ect.

6. Post
    Have you tried other companies like AMI, State etc to see where their premiums land? A premium that is half the price would have me asking questions, they aren't usually THAT far apart.

As above though i'd say they are all underwritten by someone else.

7. Post
    Yikes, quote I was looking at was fortnightly pricing not monthly lol

8. Post
    Perhaps another good candidate for the entry level motorsport car challenge https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2445503631

1990 Toyota Corolla FX-GT TWINCAM 16

9. Post
    They're a great car, but check all the places with metal, for rust.

10. Post
    I felt like I had to say this somewhere.

I ****ing love FitInPart.

I've been buying from them for years, but I ordered oil and air filters for two cars on Friday at 2pm. They're at DHL Auckland sorting facility 11am this morning (Sunday) and will be delivered tomorrow. From Singapore.

A few months ago I ordered a cabin and fuel filter from Super Cheap Auto they had listed in stock because they were only a couple bucks more after accounting for shipping. it took a ****ing month to get them to me across Auckland.

11. Post
    Rock Auto is pretty hard to beat too. All of my deliveries have taken a week. Even with shipping the items have been half the price. Just checked wheel cylinders for one of my fleet and they are 1/10th the cost on RockAuto compared to FitInPart. So always worth shopping around I guess.

My exact model isn't on either site though, so I guess their markets vary a bit.

12. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Rock Auto is pretty hard to beat too. All of my deliveries have taken a week. Even with shipping the items have been half the price. Just checked wheel cylinders for one of my fleet and they are 1/10th the cost on RockAuto compared to FitInPart. So always worth shopping around I guess.

My exact model isn't on either site though, so I guess their markets vary a bit.
    Link? Never heard of it.

Yeah they often doesn't have the right parts on the right cars which means Googling around for part numbers, but part numbers almost always work. My i30 has next to nothing listed.

13. Post
    RockAuto have a big selection of E55 parts, same part in NZ being over $400 retail is only gonna cost ya $160 NZD with shipping...

14. Post
    Bought myself an Xmas present. Just a Sony Xplod...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191226_084810.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	183.7 KB 
ID:	227931
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191226_084911.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	260.8 KB 
ID:	227932

15. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Link? Never heard of it.

Yeah they often doesn't have the right parts on the right cars which means Googling around for part numbers, but part numbers almost always work. My i30 has next to nothing listed.
    www.rockauto.com
    Just keep in mind LHD vs RHD for parts that it matters. Keeping parts sourced from the same warehouse keeps shipping costs down. You'll pick that up as you go along though. I've grabbed all sorts, bushes, ball joints, oil filters, wipers, waterpump, cambelt, vacuum hose, grease gun, they have pretty much everything I needed to rebuild the front end of my 82 Corolla. Most of the bits I got were made in Japan and the exact same brands i'd source here, for half or less the cost.

Sway bar link bushes for example, $10 a pop from Toyota (need eight) or something like $15 for all eight from RockAuto.

I also spend a bit of time comparing part numbers to make sure they are the same. But that is mainly engine specific bits as they got a different engine, but one that shares many parts.

16. Post
    Rode my friends Seadoo RXPX yesterday and it was scary. 1630cc supercharged four stroke / 300hp.

17. Post
    it least it wouldn't be immediately obvious when you'd peed yourself in fear...

18. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    That's why I'd be looking to replace the Leaf with the PHEV Outlander. To try to keep most of those sweet sweet leccy savings, but to be able to still have something nice I can use for distance, after selling the 86. I'm not baller enough to be interested in dropping the better part of $100k for some mad Tesla goodness.
    Have you had much interest in the Leaf?

I need to sell mine too but Iím really not looking forward to dealing with trademe muppets with unrealistic expectations (especially with mine being a 2012 which has some additional limitations over you car)

19. Post
    Nah, nothing useful. This time of year is extremely futile for car selling. Which is okay, as I'm not in a panic, so the cars can just chill out there in the ads, and see if a person with actual money turns up.

20. Post
    Is this a bad idea?https://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Lis...?id=2469117597

Seems like a cool little car for the price. Weekend cruises etc.

21. Post
    AnotherLeon wrote:
    Nah, nothing useful. This time of year is extremely futile for car selling. Which is okay, as I'm not in a panic, so the cars can just chill out there in the ads, and see if a person with actual money turns up.
    Still getting shit low-balls for my Falcon as well lol. some bundy from Auckland thinks because he has to get all the logistics of the vehicle warrants him an even lower offer. Figured I'd at least wait until the end of Jan before considering dropping the price.

22. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    Still getting shit low-balls for my Falcon as well lol. some bundy from Auckland thinks because he has to get all the logistics of the vehicle warrants him an even lower offer. Figured I'd at least wait until the end of Jan before considering dropping the price.
    I finally sold my Mini, holy shit that was frustrating. Some dude bought a 6 speed manual Cooper S for 3k, hits me up on Facebook and says I should drop my price to 3k as he bought his for that much....

Like holy shit man, you scored a pretty decent deal if its not a lemon, but that doesn't make it the market average price. Definitely a different market to MX5's, I've always had those sold within 2-3 weeks as opposed to the Mini being about 2 months.

23. Post

24. Post
    "poor people's cars" heh heh.

25. Post
    'Drives just like a proper car' lol

KInda funny scrolling past that little British car NOMIS posted further up then seeing the Caddy - for two white coupes from roughly the same era they couldn't be more differently proportioned