Experiences with Online Retailers

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,976 to 3,989 of 3989

1. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    How is it that ordering from amazon is faster than ordering locally
    Maybe they droned it across the Pacific?

2. Post
    Retailer name - PC Force
    Total cost of purchase - $525
    Date of purchase - 26/06/2017
    Rating out of 10 for purchase experience - 7 (their website is abysmal)
    Rating out of 10 for support experience - 9
    Comments - RMA'd failed RAM, emails were quite responsive, no messing around, sent me replacements within a few days of receiving the faulty ones. Took off one point because their english is pretty bad - can be hard to understand.

3. Post
    Retailer name - Computer Lounge
    Total cost of purchase - $4900
    Date of purchase - 19/11/2018
    Rating out of 10 for purchase experience - 10, dealt with them through facebook. The entire process was easy.
    Rating out of 10 for support experience - 10, like before they supported me the entire way through the build
    Comments -

4. Post
    Retailer name - Computer Lounge
    Total cost of purchase - $2400~
    Date of purchase - 28/11/2018
    Rating out of 10 for purchase experience - 10; sent a few text messages, had the items added to my cart for me. 10/10 would shop again.
    Rating out of 10 for support experience - 10; always fast at answering questions through the entire process

NZ Courier: -9747540/10 - Useless piles of shit. Had stuff delivered to business address - addressed to the business - meant to be delivered before 9:30. Called multiple times throughout the day, no one knew where the packages were or when they would be delivered. Gets to 3:30pm and i throw my toys demanding a manager. She was OK about the situation and arranged a direct delivery but still couldnt offer a reason as to why it hadn't been delivered.

5. Post
    Retailer name - PB Tech
    Approx total cost of purchase - $870
    Approx date of purchase - 18/02/2017
    Rating out of 10 for support experience - 2/10
    Comments: Purchased a OnePlus 3T smartphone from them back in February 2017, came with a "1 Year PB Tech Warranty", late last year the camera stopped being able to focus (both in manual and auto modes), did some research online and it appeared to be a known issue which the manufacturer was even offering to replace outside of warranty. I contacted PB Tech and advised of the fault, they said it was out of warranty. Advised them that they are selling the newer OnePlus smartphones with a "2 Year PB Tech Warranty" and that the CGA states that goods should last a reasonable amount of time. They quickly responded with an RMA number.
    Sent the phone back just a few weeks ago and received it back yesterday. Job notes state that the camera was replaced.
    The annoying thing about it was that the phone was shipped back with no notification, the phone was left on whilst in transit, they didn't return the International Travel power adaptor (OnePlus comes with a US charger), and the phone has scratches on the metal frame where I imagine a tech has tried to lift the screen with a metal tool and not with a plastic tool as recommended by most smartphone manufacturers.

Whole experience shows that they know their obligations under CGA but hope their customers are oblivious to there rights, and the carelessness of their repair techs is frustrating. However, they were relatively prompt in resolving the fault and besides these mistakes, the phone now works well.

Will update rating based on what I hear back about damage.
    Last edited by 1randomkiwi; 4th February 2019 at 10:31 pm. Reason: Updated rating, see more recent posts for details

6. Post
    Side note - Pbtech was selling a phone with a non nz charger? That isnt legal
    Last edited by yeahboiwahoo; 15th January 2019 at 9:47 am.

7. Post
    yeahboiwahoo wrote:
    Side note - Pbtech was selling a phone with a non nz charger? That isnt legal
    They provided a Samsung NZ charger with it as well.

8. Post
    Update to my previous post. PBTech sent back the travel adaptor but are ignoring any discussion around the damage.

9. Post
    1randomkiwi wrote:
    Update to my previous post. PBTech sent back the travel adaptor but are ignoring any discussion around the damage.
    You wouldn't happen to have a before photo would you?

They will likely ask you to prove it.

10. Post
    ThomasChp wrote:
    You wouldn't happen to have a before photo would you?

They will likely ask you to prove it.
    I have photos of it in the case that it was in since I purchased it but not of that area of the phone in particular. The damage is consistant with someone trying to remove the frame from the phone.

EDIT: They are claiming that the technician's initial report noted "minor scratches and dents" to the frame, so the damage was already there...
    Last edited by 1randomkiwi; 17th January 2019 at 10:17 am.

11. Post
    1randomkiwi wrote:
    I have photos of it in the case that it was in since I purchased it but not of that area of the phone in particular. The damage is consistant with someone trying to remove the frame from the phone.

EDIT: They are claiming that the technician's initial report noted "minor scratches and dents" to the frame, so the damage was already there...
    Was half expecting that reply, bit of a d*ck move.

12. Post
    ThomasChp wrote:
    Was half expecting that reply, bit of a d*ck move.
    Yeah, me too unfortunately. I've worked in a Returns Dept before and I know PB Tech's reputation...
    I don't expect to get very far but we'll see.

13. Post
    Yeah they tried claiming an HDD I'd bought wasn't working because of physical scratches on the frame, and sent me pictures. I sent them back pictures of the thing not having those scratches when I'd packaged it up. Wtf.

Edit: Whoops that was playtech. My bad.

14. Post
    Ya'll need to stop buying from PBTech. Shit merchants.