Experiences with Online Retailers

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,901 to 3,916 of 3916

1. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Stylish broke with the new version of firefox and I've been too lazy to find a workaround.
    Tempermonkey works just fine with FF64, along with the Whinging Blue script.

2. Post
    So when ever I make a purchase at a PB Tech store I always press ''credit'' and most of the time they don't say anything other times they say you need to pay 2.5% more next time. one time the lady made me pay the difference immediately ($6 something)
    I have yet to try the ''No English'' I don't understand trick) Do you people think this day and age they should be charging extra for credit cards?
    Last edited by famousdex; 10th November 2018 at 12:39 pm.

3. Post
    I don't see a problem with it, since that is what it costs them for you to use the credit card. They point out the extra cost too, so it's not like they are hiding it. If you don't want to pay the extra, just shop elsewhere or use a normal EFTPOS card, which is what I do.

4. Post
    Do they charge that "credit" fee if you use a debit card instead?

5. Post
    WhangaDan wrote:
    Do they charge that "credit" fee if you use a debit card instead?
    Nope only when pressing that ''Credit'' button

6. Post
    Retailer name - Playtech
    Approx total cost of purchase - $300
    Approx date of purchase - 7/11/2018
    Rating out of 10 for purchase experience - 10/10
    Rating out of 10 for support experience - N/A
    Comments - Purchased online at 11pm and was ready for pick up at 10am the following day

Somewhat disappointing to see their current showroom is less than half the size of their previous one on William Pickering Drive though. I guess PB Tech and CL are the only retailers left with decent sized showrooms.

7. Post
    CL has a tiny showroom

Some of the PBtech stores are pretty big

CL is right next a store that sells electrical supplies and is pretty big inside, CL should just move next door lol

8. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    CL has a tiny showroom

CL is right next a store that sells electrical supplies and is pretty big inside, CL should just move next door lol
    But that store obviously wants to be a big store. then they would have to move..

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    CL has a tiny showroom

You obviously haven't been to Playtech recently then :P CL's showroom feels a lot more spacious while Playtech's current one is horribly crammed

10. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    I don't see a problem with it, since that is what it costs them for you to use the credit card. They point out the extra cost too, so it's not like they are hiding it. If you don't want to pay the extra, just shop elsewhere or use a normal EFTPOS card, which is what I do.
    Itís a cost of business though. If you want business you have to meet your market, especially since society is going cashless essentially. Also a debit plus MasterCard or visa still charged the same fee yet they donít charge on those.

My work introduced a few for account payments only, because we had the same few. Coming and paying $200k every month on credit to get airpoints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Post
    Know any travel agents or airlines that don't charge the convienience fee? Flip side would be to just add the fees to every sale, built into the price, everyone loses.

12. Post
    Siris Le Osiris wrote:
    Yea i've had PB try and refuse warranties on flash drives and CD drives bought for work through work accounts because we "wore them out" Yea sure they got used a ton, but still within warranty.

Funny thing is it sometimes works too, people at work will just buy new replacements as the time to fight them over it defeats the cost of just buying more low end drives
    In the interest of balance, I returned a 4 year old PSU and they replaced it without breaking their stride. Depends on the store i think.

13. Post
    Out of interest, anyone know if nzlaptops and CL are associated with each other? They are literally next door to each other.

14. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Out of interest, anyone know if nzlaptops and CL are associated with each other? They are literally next door to each other.
    They aren't associated but they do seem to refer each other from time to time.

15. Post
    Retailer name - Newegg
    Approx total cost of purchase - $2100
    Approx date of purchase - 1/11/2018
    Rating out of 10 for purchase experience - 7/10
    Rating out of 10 for support experience - 2/10
    Comments - I used the US store and then shipped via Youshop. Not the easiest thing in the world and newegg's customer service is atrocious. First of all newegg lists products available to purchase for about a day before it becomes searchable on their site, people use google to search their site to see a full list of actually whats in stock. But the order process/shipping was all pretty smooth, I paid the extra $2 to make my order ship faster and it did appear to work. I had a question about my order, so I jumped on their chat... "You are 83rd in the queue" and it was going down by about 1 place every 15mins. When I got to 11th, it suddenly jumped to 25 then down to 3 then back up to 30.... was totally bizarre, just ended up giving up. In the the end the product arrived as promised in the time frame as promised.
    Last edited by pyronical; Yesterday at 6:19 pm.

16. Post
    Just to balance things up a bit as I never needed to use Newegg's customer service.

Retailer name - Newegg
    Approx total cost of purchase - $300
    Approx date of purchase - 15/8/2018
    Rating out of 10 for purchase experience - 10/10
    Comments - Newegg's website is great to navigate. Really easy to filter down to particular motherboard features I was looking for. It was a great price and delivered directly from Newegg to Auckland in the agreed time frame.