Experiences with Online Retailers

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
(4 votes)
Results 3,876 to 3,900 of 3916

1. Post
    Linkzor wrote:
    On a different note, is the OP ever going to be updated? If not, then it might as well be retired/deleted as quite a few stores on that list are no longer around and overall service and experiences can change over time.
    I actually messaged Therk about this previously and he got defensive about me taking over and changing it.

Fair call though, I'm happy to redo the OP - but thoughts on how the measurement system should work?
    My thoughts:
    - Only purchases over $200 - if anything just to reduce the volume of updating, but also purchases less than this - well - no one cares about your pauper purchase
    - Rating from 1 to 10
    - Will log the number of ratings
    - Final rating can be 1 decimal place

So for example would look something like:
    Computer Lounge 8.9 (145)
    Playtech 8.6 (45)
    Where the number is the average rating out of 10 and the number in brackets is the number of ratings received.

Will keep a google sheet of all the ratings which updates the average.

2. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    I actually messaged Therk about this previously and he got defensive about me taking over and changing it.

Fair call though, I'm happy to redo the OP - but thoughts on how the measurement system should work?
    My thoughts:
    - Only purchases over $200 - if anything just to reduce the volume of updating, but also purchases less than this - well - no one cares about your pauper purchase
    - Rating from 1 to 10

Playtech 8.6 (45)

That's a good start.

Google Forms to collect the data and then auto export it to Google Sheets to calculate the scores. Not sure how you would integrate Forms onto a public forum though.

3. Post
    Linkzor wrote:
    Not sure how you would integrate Forms onto a public forum though.
    Would be manual, but all g.

4. Post
    OP updated.

5. Post
    Has anyone had any experience with PB Tech with outside of warranty CGA covered returns?
    I have a mobile phone which has developed an issue, the current model includes a 2yr warranty but the model I purchased only came with a 1yr warranty.

6. Post
    1randomkiwi wrote:
    Has anyone had any experience with PB Tech with outside of warranty CGA covered returns?
    I have a mobile phone which has developed an issue, the current model includes a 2yr warranty but the model I purchased only came with a 1yr warranty.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/107...ded-warranties

7. Post
    1randomkiwi wrote:
    I sent a Gigabyte mobo that was a year outside of the manufacturers warranty. I somewhat knowingly had applied too much pressure when mounting a large CPU cooler and bent one of the pins as a result but decided to try my luck anyway.

Gigabyte in Aus offered to repair it for far more than what it was worth so I declined it and PB charged me a $28 service fee instead which was pretty reasonable for the hassle caused.

8. Post
    pyronical wrote:

My thoughts:
    - Rating from 1 to 10

Playtech 8.6 (45)
    Where the number is the average rating out of 10 and the number in brackets is the number of ratings received.

Should store separate ratings for sales from support.

9. Post
    Linkzor wrote:
    I sent a Gigabyte mobo that was a year outside of the manufacturers warranty. I somewhat knowingly had applied too much pressure when mounting a large CPU cooler and bent one of the pins as a result but decided to try my luck anyway.

Gigabyte in Aus offered to repair it for far more than what it was worth so I declined it and PB charged me a $28 service fee instead which was pretty reasonable for the hassle caused.
    How it it possible to bend one of the pins was the cpu not installed at the time?

10. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Should store separate ratings for sales from support.
    Fair call, maybe once there are a number of responses - i will do this, but will note it in the spreadsheet

11. Post
    famousdex wrote:
    How it it possible to bend one of the pins was the cpu not installed at the time?
    CPU was installed. It was one of the pins on the CPU socket on the motherboard that was bent. I suspect I might have screwed on one end of that cooler a bit too tight.

12. Post
    Linkzor wrote:
    CPU was installed. It was one of the pins on the CPU socket on the motherboard that was bent. I suspect I might have screwed on one end of that cooler a bit too tight.
    But the cpu was in the socket installed how could the pin get bent installing a cooler that sits onto of the cpu itself??

13. Post
    Allright, I'll get things going for the new tally:

Retailer name - Mightyape
    Approx total cost of purchase (over $100 only please) - $650
    Approx date of purchase - 31/10/2017
    Rating out of 10 - 10/10 for price and delivery, 3/10 for support
    Comments (optional) - Speedy delivery, product failed after 10 months and Mightyape's support section dicked me around so much that they left me with no choice but to contact the manufacturer directly.

14. Post
    You meant 2018 I assume.

15. Post
    famousdex wrote:
    But the cpu was in the socket installed how could the pin get bent installing a cooler that sits onto of the cpu itself??
    Pressure?

16. Post
    1randomkiwi wrote:
    Yep laptop was over by a year or 2 (can't remember) had a bios issue preventing it booting they fixed it for free under CGA (they just had to re flash the bios) when I got it back the screen was damaged sent back and they replaced the screen with a brand new one for free (genuine Toshiba replacement panel)
    Last edited by famousdex; 9th November 2018 at 9:59 am.

17. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    You meant 2018 I assume.
    You might want to reread the whole thing. Their crappy support only recently came to light as I only recently needed the thing looked at.

18. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    You might want to reread the whole thing. Their crappy support only recently came to light as I only recently needed the thing looked at.
    Oh I see my bad

19. Post
    Good idea on the two separate ratings teelo, support really is as important, or more important, than sales and price.

20. Post
    Can we please change the colour from yellow to something else? It's hard to see that text.

21. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    this sort of thing happens ALL THE TIME in this country and users/consumers are never told, it's all covered up.

the faster we get laws to punish this behaviour the better.
    just because this sort of thing happens on other sites doesn't make it right. CLunge still haven't emailed me.

22. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    Can we please change the colour from yellow to something else? It's hard to see that text.
    I forget that some people arent using dark theme.

23. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Some of us can’t afford diamond membership

24. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Some of us can’t afford diamond membership
    I forget that dark theme comes with power/up

25. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Stylish broke with the new version of firefox and I've been too lazy to find a workaround.