1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Holy crap, flight sim graphics have come a loooong way. Also, good on him!

3. Post
    Looks fantastic. I'd love to fly around NZ in Aerofly FS2 ... in VR! That will give the flight sim genre as a whole a huge boost over the next few years, it's mind blowing

4. Post
    A way to promote Tourism New Zealand? Or show that we aren't clean and green like they claim. Either way points to this guy. Might have to pick up one of those games.

5. Post
    Hehe Pretty cool and interesting article

6. Post
    is he doing a good job?

7. Post
    Kog wrote:
    is he doing a good job?
    That's a very good question
    It depends on how you judge it, I'm running about 5 years behind, mainly due to health issues, so there is that. And I'm probably one of the few developers left standing in NZ, compared to the good old days of simming, which is in my favour....
    Worldwide, there are some very clever scenery developers, who have raised it to an artform. I'm more of a craftsman, but people like what I do, when I finally get something finished.
    For $25, why not take a gamble?

maciulaitisc -- cheers. I use the 'Real NZ' brand, as I really want to represent NZ as a place where people live and work, rather than a South Pacific paradise. Still, there's only so much reality you can fit into a flight simulator... I'm a big fan of NZ, and NZers, there's nothing wrong with a bit of local pride, as long as you recognise that there's room for improvement.

Thanks for taking an interest in this project!

-Robin Corn

8. Post
    vista14 wrote:
    That's a very good question
    It depends on how you judge it, I'm running about 5 years behind, mainly due to health issues, so there is that. And I'm probably one of the few developers left standing in NZ, compared to the good old days of simming, which is in my favour....
    Worldwide, there are some very clever scenery developers, who have raised it to an artform. I'm more of a craftsman, but people like what I do, when I finally get something finished.
    For $25, why not take a gamble?

maciulaitisc -- cheers. I use the 'Real NZ' brand, as I really want to represent NZ as a place where people live and work, rather than a South Pacific paradise. Still, there's only so much reality you can fit into a flight simulator... I'm a big fan of NZ, and NZers, there's nothing wrong with a bit of local pride, as long as you recognise that there's room for improvement.

Thanks for taking an interest in this project!

-Robin Corn
    Your Alps look amazing mate! Keep up the fantastic work!

9. Post
    gurthang667 wrote:
    Looks fantastic. I'd love to fly around NZ in Aerofly FS2 ... in VR! That will give the flight sim genre as a whole a huge boost over the next few years, it's mind blowing
    I've now updated the Kickstarter page with an Aerofly FS2 video, a glimpse of the Alps scenery. FS2 does need a good elevation mesh to define the mountains, but even now it gives a great idea of what an amazing VR experience this could be.
    The Kickstarter campaign is down to the final three days, so if anyone was planning to make a pledge, now is the time!