Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    MockStar wrote:
    $499 = $690 NZD. Of course a straight conversion would be wishful thinking.

I wasn't too far off with my $675 guestimate considering I'm a n00b when it comes to hardware

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/51...3#post11002343

$749 at EB Games and on the NZ Microsoft store site. https://www.ebgames.co.nz/waitlist/xboxonex/

https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/stor...-X_061117_MSNZ

2. Post
    Comes with 1 month game pass trial..

In the box
    • Xbox One X 1TB Console
    • Xbox Wireless Controller
    • HDMI cable (4K capable)
    • Power cable
    • 1-month Xbox Game Pass trial
    • 14-day Xbox Live Gold trial

3. Post
    And for someone like me this is great, since I was going to be on the look out soon for a Native 4K HDR Dolby Atmos Blu Ray player to connect to my 65" 4K Sony HDR TV and Marantz SR7011 Dolby Atmos surround receiver, and since the price for the Xbox One X is $749 and can do what I want with the added bonus of 4K gaming I will pre-order immediately. Stand alone 4K Blu Ray players such as the Oppo in NZ cost about $1000 and if you get a cheaper put together brand is around the same price as the Xbox One X. Since the Xbox One X has been confirmed to have HDMI 2.1 hardware ports ready to take advantage of future HDMI 2.1 TV's and also Freesync 2 and liquid cooling on board with 12 Gigs of GDDR fast memory, this is a very good price. I love gaming to, so I get the best of both worlds for one good price and in one device instead of having to buy two separate devices to get the same things. If you look at it like that then this is a very good buy.

4. Post
    Exactly. Seems like a winner to me.

Sony really screwed the pooch not having a 4K blu ray on their ps4 pro.

5. Post
    I'll be getting one because i want an Xbox to play Xbox exclusives. I won't be getting a 4k tv but I had been hoping it would still benefit me and it seems it will.

I'm hoping they do one in that sick military olive green colour that they had for the Xbox One.

6. Post
    Yeah I'll be getting one, great price, and system level super-sampling is great. Will look nice on my 1080p monitor.

Also... Xbox original backwards compatibility is a plus, as then I can play system link halo 1 and 2 with my 360. (assuming those two will talk to eachother)

Way cheaper than upgrading my PC for gaming.

7. Post
    HibikiAmawa wrote:
    way too expensive for what is essentially an upgraded system
    agreed

8. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Not exactly. I think once you build that PC, maintaining it is a hell of a lot cheaper than paying full price for a mid gen console upgrade. If anything, I would rather build a PC.
    How so?

I spent $750 on my day one Xbox one. Paying $750 four years later for something that's 4.6 times more powerful is a bargain.

Upgrading the GPU on your PC to be 4.6 times more powerful would cost a bit more than $750...

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    any who complains about price is clueless it's a fantastic price for what you get
    this˄ +1

10. Post
    Bobs wrote:
    Sony really screwed the pooch not having a 4K blu ray on their ps4 pro.
    Really? I thought streaming was the way of the future?

11. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:
    How so?

I spent $750 on my day one Xbox one. Paying $750 four years later for something that's 4.6 times more powerful is a bargain.

Upgrading the GPU on your PC to be 4.6 times more powerful would cost a bit more than $750...
    that depends on what GPU if in your PC to begin with, you could have some 5 year old mid range chip, then $750 would get you 10 times more power

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    that depends on what GPU if in your PC to begin with, you could have some 5 year old mid range chip, then $750 would get you 10 times more power
    exactly but the point I'm trying to make is that maintaining a gaming PC at the top end of the scale would not be cheaper than updating to the latest version in the console cycle...

13. Post
    so you can't pre order this anymore?
    https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...x-one/25292275

and EB games have a waiting list.

14. Post
    zippy wrote:
    so you can't pre order this anymore?
    https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...x-one/25292275

and EB games have a waiting list.
    Mighty Ape probably just sold out of their initial allocation (if they even had one). I'd expect them to put up a second batch within the next few days.

I don't think EB are taking pre-orders until they confirm stock allocation for Australia and New Zealand.

I doubt very much if anyone will miss out day one. Microsoft have been in production for a while and will most likely ship enough stock to retailers to cover both launch and Christmas volumes.

I wonder if they'll have a Day One edition like the original Xbox One..?

15. Post
    These systems are not hard to produce, the tech inside is not groundbreaking or new - existing fabrication systems in place will do the job, its just dependent on if Microsoft gives enough notice of total required quantity to the fab factory in time, as you see with Sony they have a shortage of PS4 PRO's and PSVR headsets as sales are higher than expected so there is some delay getting the chips fabricated.

16. Post
    The Warehouse are also only taking registrations of "interest"...

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/c/elec...box/xbox-one-x

17. Post
    they probably havent been told how much quantity they will get so they cant take pre orders when they dont know if they can actually deliver them on launch day

18. Post
    gooseman77 wrote:
    The Warehouse are also only taking registrations of "interest"...

http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/c/elec...box/xbox-one-x
    PSA about thewarehouse. If you apply for their free no annual fees credit card and buy the Xbox One X, you can get additional $38 off (5%) if you pay it with their VISA card. It's 55 days interest free and you can cancel the card after paying it off if you want. The 5% will still be applicable even if they decide to discount the Xbox One X launch price on top like they did with Xbox One launch in 2014.

https://warehousemoney.co.nz/cards

19. Post
    HibikiAmawa wrote:
    way too expensive for what is essentially an upgraded system
    One launched at $650 AUD a few years ago. Seems within the bounds of sensible.

20. Post
    xbox was once my go to when the 360 released, now the so called "Exclusives" are tired, and none of the E3 footage of already released games that have been pumped up for 4k make any difference.

Anthem looks cool - but I don't think it's only on X.B.O.X! That and the fact all these games will be available on PC makes this a nope for me.

I understand the reason why the want to make a "True 4k" machine, but it really could have waited till next gen I reckon.

21. Post
    so whats the lifecycle on this? Pretty sure I brought my xbox one late 2013.

So this is barely a 4 year lifecycle, xbox 360 was ages, 2005 to 2013, 8 years, double that of xbox one.

Theres fn xbox 360 games I still need to finish lol

22. Post
    8 years is way too long for a console lifecycle, consoles shouldnt live longer than 5 years otherwise they become too far outdated and fall far behind PC, so 4 years for the xbox one is fine

23. Post
    Dark_Hadou wrote:
    xbox was once my go to when the 360 released, now the so called "Exclusives" are tired.
    Xbox's number of future exclusives is literally zero.
    Dark_Hadou wrote:
    I understand the reason why the want to make a "True 4k" machine, but it really could have waited till next gen I reckon.
    Xb1X's purpose is to compete with PS4 Pro. PS4 Pro's primary purpose is to sell 4K TVs to the semi-casual market (who watch 4K streaming TV/movie content), 4K TVs which are made by a different division of Sony. Appealing to the semi-casual market is the route of it all.