1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    will gp be hookin us up with some 3.0 beta key when they start testin? �� my dank emojis not workin

3. Post
    TenCent
    TenCent
    Ten ****ING Cent

There not just some random company. They are THE company. They own Riot, partly own Epic Games, they started as a... Well, I will just let you watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnM3YLcIJLg

4. Post
    FYI they don't only charge for cosmetic, they charge for stash space which is necessary and hugely impacts your ability to succeed in the game, especially later on.

With the overwhelming performance issues it's a surprise they managed to run it on any console

5. Post
    New monkey king based class confirmed. Isn't that how all games crack china these days?

6. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    FYI they don't only charge for cosmetic, they charge for stash space which is necessary and hugely impacts your ability to succeed in the game, especially later on.

With the overwhelming performance issues it's a surprise they managed to run it on any console
    The amount of game time it takes to fill 4 tabs, with actual useful stuff ( hint, everything you own is trash, you have never seen end game gear ) before you run out is enough to play the story on 2 characters 3 times ( normal, cruel, merciless ). If at that point you didn't think you're play time on their game wasn't worth money, they are the ones being ripped off.
    Performance in the last 6 months has drastically been better, mainly because of changes they had to make or learnt from the team working on the Xbox development.

They also have 100 Employees these days, they pay them a fair wage for Auckland living and having actually been there and talked to some of their team are an amazing team, I really hated having to turn down their job offer. I wish them all the best, they have done so much right, they deserve to succeed.

7. Post
    Tried out the game again last night. Just can't get past the graphics style and the almost vertical (from player position) camera placement. I love isometric ARPGs but the camera positioning on PoE just seems really off.

That and I can't take F2P titles seriously.

8. Post
    My biggest gripe is the first areas are dark and desaturated, but that is part of the story, you're in the post apocalyptic world or Wraeclast. In the 3.0.0 you will come back past there areas and see the changes you have brought about, and learn more about how it got to such a dire state to begin with. The first areas are actually a lot brighter and more have details than they had 9 months ago.

Camera wise, you get use to it.

Even though its F2P, its actually quite hardcore once you get into it, I've had about 20 or so characters and I still don't understand the damn thing. Nothing like clearing whole areas with a click of a button though, end game is very rewarding once you get there.

But then not every game is for every person

9. Post
    Strange that NZ comments about this game are pretty negative, when the comments on overseas sites like Eurogamer are extremely positive. I look forward to trying this on Xbox, as most of the current Xbox f2p games are shit.

10. Post
    Might get back into it.

11. Post
    Path of Exile and Torchlight feel like they're answers to D2, and popular because D3 sucks. I played it, it's a good game, but I really wish Blizzard would do something with D2 already (because even after Reaper of Souls, D3 is not going to get any better. grinding through mindless rifts solo is dismal in contrast to 8-player groups cooperatively clearing cow levels)

12. Post
    I call rose-tinted bollocks.

I've played hundreds and hundreds of hours of D2, and its significantly shallower, and less interesting than D3 in the very late game.

I love nostalgia as much, if not more than most, but this D2 late game > D3 late game argument is silly, because it's based in a fantasy that never existed.
    Was D2 a standout dungeon crawler in the early to mid 2000's? Sure, and easily the best when it came to co-op and PvP, which is where I think a lot of this comes from.
    D3 has no PvP obviously, but considering how broken D2 PvP was, maybe that's for the best.

13. Post
    I think trading made me enjoy it more, I played d3 a lot more before ROS came out (and the whole auction house/bind to account items thing come out)

back to poe, I play a couple chars to 90+ each league. looking forward to beta, hopefully buying in won't cost 50usd or something..

edit: also i remember getting scammed a few times in d2, it has made me a bit more weary when trading in other games atleast lol

14. Post
    I've played in every league since the game launched but I think I will be skipping the beta. Maybe it will be different this time but the last beta was awful because poe.trade didn't work, **** trade chat. Also I'm assuming there will be bugs etc and not all 3.0 content will be released for the beta eg I think they will hold back on some of the bosses etc.

I've got other stuff to play at the moment but I will most likely take a week off work when 3.0 get's launched.

15. Post
    ChrisB wrote:

I've played hundreds and hundreds of hours of D2, and its significantly shallower, and less interesting than D3 in the very late game.
    People are complaining about D3s end game in terms of item hunting. Within 2 days of reaching lvl 70, you basically have all your items and there really isnt much left to do other than GRs which 90% of the time is going into a GR, spend 30secs into it to determine if its worth continuing, realising its bad and then reconnecting to repeat.
    D2 has a better item hunt, which sure was just to farm baal and for some pvp and trade but that was more of a drive for people to play than the current state of D3.
    Also D2 has better build diversity because of of the items.

As for POE, really looking forward to 3.0. Played the last 3-4 seasons 1000+hrs in and still enjoying it. Definitely the best f2p game ive played. The only thing thats worth buying in game is a currency tab which is like $5

16. Post
    I have a currency tab, best bang for your buck.

I also quad ( I use this as my trade tab), div card tab ( once you are at end game you will get so many of these in maps ), essence tab ( you can do without this ), and 6 premium tabs ( normal tabs but I can color and rename ). I still run out due to excessive hoarding and failure to sort loot.

If you dont want to spend any money then you just have to know what to sell, and what to keep. 99% of the stuff needs to be sold.

Getting into a guild helps too, heaps of them that will let anyone join. Guild stashes usually have plenty of stuff for new players.

17. Post
    ChrisB wrote:

I love nostalgia as much, if not more than most, but this D2 late game > D3 late game argument is silly, because it's based in a fantasy that never existed.
    Was D2 a standout dungeon crawler in the early to mid 2000's? Sure, and easily the best when it came to co-op and PvP, which is where I think a lot of this comes from.
    D3 has no PvP obviously, but considering how broken D2 PvP was, maybe that's for the best.
    weird, those hundreds of hours I spent making and joining games like name-1, name-2, name-3 runs with 7 other random players for cow runs for years just didn't exist. those ITH weapons didn't exist either and people weren't pining for 1.08 vamp gaze with 25% damage reduction. still with me? next minute you'll tell me nobody played iceworld or militia or aztec in cs 1.5/1.6 either...

d3 has always had a terrible itemization problem. it has been well documented. i don't expect anyone to read these, just take my word for it:

http://www.sullla.com/D3/unsatisfying.html
    http://imgur.com/EHEKduL

blizz tried to counter the d2jsp (ironically this was the name of a d2 bot people used years ago, pindlebot I think?) black market of selling items for real world money with the auction house, but it did not work. inferno was basically untested, and the game really didn't reward the player to continue playing the hardest difficulty. people would end up dying to random mobs which would have ridic OP aura effects which just, were not fun to deal with. even if you did kill them, the chances of getting drops you wanted were low, the chances of getting drops in your class were low, everything told the player to use the auction house in order to progress.

they watered down the hardest difficulty of the game, which was not the answer (it was actually completely fine, it's the mobs and itemization which needed fixing), and fixed a few things with RoS, which was actually pretty nice on consoles, but post-game is largely just running solo rifts endlessly with largely cookie cutter builds which trade mana for hp stealing as you lawn mow through enemies. this is nothing like running random games with 8 people in them doing cow runs, there was no reason to co-op in d3, there was in d2.

18. Post
    Why I know this encouraging more off topic conversation I have played both D2 and D3 within the last year and while D3 has an actual end game not just for example Baal runs (I know there is more that's just an example) D2 is the far superior game in terms of skills and itemization.

PoE destroys both of them though so it's kind of irrelevant to me.

19. Post
    Path of Diablo ladder reset today https://pathofdiablo.com

I might jump on later if I have time.

20. Post
    My flatmate plays it, he's always talking about it's balance issues, performance issues, netcode issues. Doesn't sound very fun Of course he keeps playing it regardless, but he's the type of person who'll never pay for a game.

The worst part is the unbalanced passive tree that no one can remain competitive through their own builds with. Eve was a great example of a system that had complex builds that wouldn't ruin you if you didn't run some streamer's cookie cutter build.

21. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    weird, those hundreds of hours I spent making and joining games like name-1, name-2, name-3 runs with 7 other random players for cow runs for years just didn't exist. those ITH weapons didn't exist either and people weren't pining for 1.08 vamp gaze with 25% damage reduction. still with me? next minute you'll tell me nobody played iceworld or militia or aztec in cs 1.5/1.6 either...

d3 has always had a terrible itemization problem. it has been well documented. i don't expect anyone to read these, just take my word for it:

http://www.sullla.com/D3/unsatisfying.html
    http://imgur.com/EHEKduL

blizz tried to counter the d2jsp (ironically this was the name of a d2 bot people used years ago, pindlebot I think?) black market of selling items for real world money with the auction house, but it did not work. inferno was basically untested, and the game really didn't reward the player to continue playing the hardest difficulty. people would end up dying to random mobs which would have ridic OP aura effects which just, were not fun to deal with. even if you did kill them, the chances of getting drops you wanted were low, the chances of getting drops in your class were low, everything told the player to use the auction house in order to progress.

they watered down the hardest difficulty of the game, which was not the answer (it was actually completely fine, it's the mobs and itemization which needed fixing), and fixed a few things with RoS, which was actually pretty nice on consoles, but post-game is largely just running solo rifts endlessly with largely cookie cutter builds which trade mana for hp stealing as you lawn mow through enemies. this is nothing like running random games with 8 people in them doing cow runs, there was no reason to co-op in d3, there was in d2.
    Nah mate, you don't know what you're on about. It's rose tinted goggles, it's the only explanation because D3 can't be a bad game

22. Post
    Kog wrote:
    Nah mate, you don't know what you're on about. It's rose tinted goggles, it's the only explanation because D3 can't be a bad game
    ah, yeah. WHOOPS

anyway give me my d2 remaster thanks

poe is cool but I'm not playing it again if I'm playing it solo

23. Post
    Does anyone know if Grinding Gear Games was started by the guys who did (I think) a collectible/battle card kinda game. One of them used to be a prominent modder for Oblivion IIRC