1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    but, isnt this a massive failure, and a huge mistake?

I'm sure I can find plenty of quotes from multiple posters in this forum touting the disaster that is the Switch.
    Well done Nintendo, you've convinced me.

3. Post
    Uh...

Nintendo says it sold 906,000 units of the Switch in March, adding that it achieved the sales milestone "in a non-traditional month for a console launch".
    So 906k worldwide in the first month?

Lets see what the reports are about the Wii...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_launch
    On November 28, 2006, Nintendo reported that it had sold over 600,000 consoles in the first eight days of launch in the Americas, making it Nintendo's largest console launch until the release of the Nintendo Switch in 2017. Including the sales of accessories and games, Nintendo's Wii-related revenue had hit $190 million in its first week.[43]

The Wii launched in Japan on December 2, 2006. Japan initially received 400,000 Wii consoles,[44] with around an estimate of 370,000 sold in two days
    600k in north america + 370k in japan = at least 970,000 sold in the first eight days.

The math doesn't add up for it "selling faster than any other Nintendo console".

4. Post
    906k in the US.
    500k in Japan.

Thanks for shopping!

5. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    but, isnt this a massive failure, and a huge mistake?

I'm sure I can find plenty of quotes from multiple posters in this forum touting the disaster that is the Switch.
    Well done Nintendo, you've convinced me.
    Sales numbers for the first couple months (at least) are worth less than the paper they're wrote on - see: The Wii U selling 890k in the first 6 weeks in the US alone or the Dreamcast selling 500k in 2 weeks. You can't really point toward any conclusions towards a console's sucess within such a small timeframe.

6. Post
    Then the article should say it sold 1.4 mil in March, not 906k.

I never believed the Switch would be a failure. I've always been part of the "I'll buy one in a few months" crowd.

7. Post
    I can actually see the switch gaining momentum as a console because of it's pitifully small library.
    Can only really expand it's library from there. Might end up a failure if they don't release anything fun but Nintendo has pretty hard core quality control going.

8. Post
    I'm part of the: I'll buy one once it has at least 10 games I want to play, right now it only has 1

9. Post
    Too early to judge the success of Switch. Wait until at least year 2, if not year 3 to do so.

10. Post
    Should definitely do better than the WiiU. Lack of backwards compatibility is what stopped me buying it.

11. Post
    korgz wrote:
    Should definitely do better than the WiiU. Lack of backwards compatibility is what stopped me buying it.
    Well it doesn't take discs so backward compatibility would be unfeasible. (Also it's Nintendo, they want to keep reselling you the same games over and over again because they're greedy anti-consumer dickheads.)

12. Post
    Tbh others do this as well I. E. Sony

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Tbh others do this as well I. E. Sony
    Lol yeah they are good at that, but at least they do it to an extremely high standard

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk