1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Hitting 4K, 60FPS easily with juice left in the tank on Forza 6 (port).
    And a cool Vapour cooling system. I'll say it, Xbox is back and out for blood. Link to Digital Foundry's Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RE2hNrq1Zxs (it's also in the article).
    Last edited by Britneys Spear; 7th April 2017 at 8:04 pm.

3. Post
    Forza 6 not that demanding though wanna see open world like witcher 3. Also the specs don't paint the full picture, due to cpu overhead optimizations performance is better than just the raw specs

4. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Forza 6 not that demanding though wanna see open world like witcher 3. Also the specs don't paint the full picture, due to cpu overhead optimizations performance is better than just the raw specs
    Dude check out the video. You are allowed to like Xbox bro.

5. Post
    I did, again forza 6 is not graphically demanding, racing games generally aren't, I don't really like racing games I'm interested in performance of games from other genres

6. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I did, again forza 6 is not graphically demanding, racing games generally aren't, I don't really like racing games I'm interested in performance of games from other genres
    I thought that Forza 6 was beautiful.

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    I get that you are on the PS4 train now, so you are going to discredit the scorpio as much as possible. But racing games aren't demanding? Come now stop trolling

8. Post
    Britneys Spear wrote:
    I thought that Forza 6 was beautiful.
    These are not the same thing, you can make a game with narrow corridors very pretty, did you ever play RISE? But doing the same in a large open world is harder, I want to see the latter to see what the hardware can really push out

ludez wrote:
    I get that you are on the PS4 train now, so you are going to discredit the scorpio as much as possible. But racing games aren't demanding? Come now stop trolling
    As I've already mentioned, I will be buying Scorpio on release... how does that put me on the PS4 train? I'm not looking to discredit unless where its due - its my opinion it doesn't have to be anyone else's, I couldn't care less, I will call out anything on its strengths or weaknesses

9. Post
    grim is right, racing games, like sports games are generally not very demanding graphically so picking something like Forza is as you would expect the ideal game to show scorpio off, that wasn't done by accident.
    I also find it interesting that they showed the GPU utilization but not the CPU. The reality is as much as they want to gloss over it scorpio is confirmed to be using a jaguar based CPU even though Phil Spencer had tried his best to hint otherwise without actually saying it would use more modern tech.
    In that respect saying Scorpio is better than expected isn't accurate. Scorpio was likely to have a Jaguar CPU but we were hopeful it would have something more modern ideally zen based. So it is as expected jaguar based which is universally accepted as the weak point of the current console generation.
    As far as the GPU goes it was expect to have more compute units running at a lower clock. IMO having less (40) running at a high clock speed is not "better" its the same in terms of performance but in practice it raises questions over cooling and thermal throttling. There is a reason why console GPU's generally run at lower clocks to desktop counterparts, power and thermal limitations become a concern, keep an eye on how that pans out. But expect it to be bugger, heavier and maybe louder than the ps4 pro considering it will use very similar tech but the GPU will be running ~200MHZ faster... IMO MS have had to run the GPU that fast to keep their 6TFLOP promise but that will have drawbacks.

10. Post
    ludez wrote:
    But racing games aren't demanding? Come now stop trolling
    Pretty much.

11. Post
    Time to start dropping subtle hints to the wife!

12. Post
    you can play those same three games at a much higher resolution

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    These are not the same thing, you can make a game with narrow corridors very pretty, did you ever play RISE? But doing the same in a large open world is harder, I want to see the latter to see what the hardware can really push out
    Well you may get your wish with RDR2 rumoured for release.

14. Post
    bakagami wrote:
    you can play those same three games at a much higher resolution

Dude it's not even released yet. We haven't even seen a picture of the console. You and I have absolutely no idea about which games are even on the list. I can bet that it releases with a big title though. Maybe not exclusive, but it will be a much hyped AAA title.

15. Post
    Britneys Spear wrote:
    Dude it's not even released yet. We haven't even seen a picture of the console. You and I have absolutely no idea about which games are even on the list. I can bet that it releases with a big title though. Maybe not exclusive, but it will be a much hyped AAA title.
    Sorry man, didn't mean to step on your dick

16. Post
    Britneys Spear wrote:
    Well you may get your wish with RDR2 rumoured for release.
    Can't wait to see the rdr2 demo I hope it's shown at E3 and they show the performance

17. Post
    bakagami wrote:
    Sorry man, didn't mean to step on your dick
    I think you did.

18. Post
    Obviously all big AAA titles coming out around / after the Scorpio release will run basically at 4K & it'll have better performance, that is what you get when you pay more for hardware. Except when you buying extra gadgets in such with, but generally you pay more you get better hardware. The better the hardware it is, it just gets more & more expensive for boost in performance.

19. Post
    XSpike wrote:
    Obviously all big AAA titles coming out around / after the Scorpio release will run basically at 4K
    Nah, most will likely be upscaled to 4K using sparse rendering aka MS' take on checkerboard. Scorpio won't be as powerful as ignorant console fans think it will be.

20. Post
    Bet ya it won't be cheap either, I'd expect no less than a $1000.

21. Post
    What a waste of time, instead of spending money on developing games for this dead console they've decided to pump out an expensive 4K machine that probably has temps way to high for me to be comfortable.

There's no games for this thing, and at the end of the day games are what sell a console, not it's specs.

1080P TVs/Monitors will still be in homes for years to come.

22. Post
    I'm pretty impressed from what I've heard about the specs, and how they're offloading some DirectX draw calls from the CPU to hardware on the GPU to remove some bottlenecks.

1070 level GPU performance with console based optimisation is pretty awesome.

I'm expecting this to be around the $750 mark. (anything more seems too expensive, anything less seems too cheap)

23. Post
    Jamesss wrote:
    What a waste of time, instead of spending money on developing games for this dead console they've decided to pump out an expensive 4K machine that probably has temps way to high for me to be comfortable.

There's no games for this thing, and at the end of the day games are what sell a console, not it's specs.

shhhhhh.

24. Post
    Jamesss wrote:

1) You dont know what the temps will be

2) Ok you're right there

3) get with the times, I think most of users here have at least one 4k panel in their homes already, I got my first 4k panel back in 2013...