Page 2 of 2 First 12

1. Post
    I have never stated or alluded to thinking "people have shitty taste". You have actually said in the thread that I have been dishonest, or more accurately that my opinion was not my own but the culmination of other people even though I had stated my opinion PRIOR to the previews going live from other sites. Not that they would have influenced me in any way regardless. So please be aware of your own conduct and undermining people's opinions.

I will always challenge an opinion, because if it can not be defended I don't think it has much (or any) value. Which is why I ask for reasons, and give examples of my own opinion.
    I want people to be able to articulate the why, not just repeat a shallow "I like the thing. It is good". That will seldom be an acceptable answer for me.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 5th April 2017 at 10:02 pm.

2. Post
    Jagji56 wrote:
    Respect... People forget this, but respect is not something you just get. It is something you earn. Now, being respectful is a different thing all together, and is what your actually talking about. I do tend to be very blunt, but thats just the way I type. I also like to play devils advocate, and as such, poke holes where ever I can. Why? Well, to keep you all on your toes of course. :P
    Personally, i think respect should be given to anyone and everyone, until they give you a reason not to afford them said respect.

Whilst i, and a lot of people, don't always see eye to eye with Chris, he is free to review a game however he sees fit, within the confines set by his editor. If the developer's pedigree was a factor in his assessment of the game, it warrants mentioning. Same concept applies to how a sequel compares to the previous games within the series. Games don't exist in a vacuum.

I guess i really just don't get the vilification of reviewers when their opinions don't conform. For example, i'm loving Ghost Recon Wildlands, but when i saw Destructoid's 2.5/10 review, i didn't for a second feel any compulsion to rip shit out of the reviewer. It's one person's opinion, and if i'm enjoying it, who cares?

3. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Personally, i think respect should be given to anyone and everyone, until they give you a reason not to afford them said respect.
    I agree with this 100%

Frederick James wrote:
    Whilst i, and a lot of people, don't always see eye to eye with Chris, he is free to review a game however he sees fit, within the confines set by his editor. If the developer's pedigree was a factor in his assessment of the game, it warrants mentioning. Same concept applies to how a sequel compares to the previous games within the series. Games don't exist in a vacuum.
    I, for one, certainly don't always see eye to eye with Chris, but I respect his opinion because it is almost always backed up by facts and also well thought out, which is pretty much what you want in a reviewer.

4. Post
    Nerin wrote:
    But... why? I mean... isn't that what's supposed to happen when you edge yourself over a bottomless drop? Or did you want an invisible wall to stop you?

While I agree that Styx isn't a fun, wisecracking, merry Goblin... It takes all sorts. He is certainly unique, and while unlikeable... perhaps that's the point?

I mean... unless you're going silent protagonist like Half Life... I can't think of many protagonists that I like their personality.

I mean... did you forget that Styx was a murderous goblin with a vengeful and, frankly quite justified, hardon for human blood?

He's not a carebear. I don't think he was supposed to be.
    To be fair, my experience may be difficult to understand from the very little I wrote. But, to answer your question, The majority of third-person action games with stealth elements that I can think of involve hanging off/shimying across ledges.

Aside from that one thing though I think the majority of your comments may have been directed at things other people said rather than things I said :P