Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Colin Moriarty is leaving Kinda Funny Games.

Damn. I guess rip PS i love you xoxo?

from his fb page.

Itís with a heavy heart and great sadness that I announce my resignation from Kinda Funny, effective immediately.

This morning, the guys and I had a constructive conversation, and feel that, with our separate visions for the future and for the direction of the company, itís time to go our separate ways. I want to be clear that this was my decision. Just as we collaborated as friends, so too do we part. I hope you continue to support them. I simply want to reconnect with whatís most important to me. Politics, history, philosophy. Reading books. Talking about things I feel are most impactful and essential for a person like me.
    I want to thank everyone for their support of me -- and us -- over these years. When I started writing about games professionally in 2002 as a freshman in college, never, ever, did I think Iíd reach the heights I did. I owe a great deal to an audience that generously sustained me, supported me, and followed me, and I also owe a lot to those who gave me opportunities to begin with. I will always remember and be grateful for this entire experience.

Opportunities are already popping up for me, bringing me in a new, different, and exciting direction, a direction that I feel makes perfect sense for me. Obviously, you havenít seen or heard the last of me. Far from it. I hope that when I return with whatís next, you will support me there, just as youíve supported me over these many years.
    Your Friend, -Colin
    I always thought he and Greg had great chemistry. Greg was always able to bounce of his his opinions and thoughts really well. If Greg does do Ps I love you xoxo solo it wont be the same.

2. Post
    He's been putting off a depressed, somewhat sombre vibe for quite a while now........ sucks but feels like I saw this coming.

RIP PSILUXOXO

3. Post
    It seems like the catalyst for his departure was a tweet about International Women's Day that Greg wasn't happy about.

I say catalyst rather than reason, because Colin was getting more and more into the political side of things (see his Colin Was Right guest segments or almost any episode of PS I Love You, and he was on Glen Beck's show recently too). And he and Greg don't really seem to have much in common when it comes to politics.

Maybe he's hoping to get a libertarian talk show, or one where he can try and convince people that his favourite band 311 aren't absolutely rubbish

Surely Greg won't do the pod solo - Nick or one of the others will step in

4. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    It seems like the catalyst for his departure was a tweet about International Women's Day that Greg wasn't happy about.

I say catalyst rather than reason, because Colin was getting more and more into the political side of things (see his Colin Was Right guest segments or almost any episode of PS I Love You, and he was on Glen Beck's show recently too). And he and Greg don't really seem to have much in common when it comes to politics.

Maybe he's hoping to get a libertarian talk show, or one where he can try and convince people that his favourite band 311 aren't absolutely rubbish

Surely Greg won't do the pod solo - Nick or one of the others will step in
    Aw c'mon man, 311 dropped Down - party anthem of the Warp Tour (**** I'm old)

5. Post
    Didn't I kill him with a grenade to the pants in Fallout 3?

6. Post
    Oh believe me I was right into that stuff back then, and some of it I still like... shame

I just can't believe someone's favourite band of all time would be 311

That's like someone saying their favourite video game is Burger King's Sneak King

7. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    Oh believe me I was right into that stuff back then, and some of it I still like... shame

I just can't believe someone's favourite band of all time would be 311

That's like someone saying their favourite video game is Burger King's Sneak King

A Whopper of an adventure, 3 pickles out of 5 - Random Reviewer.

8. Post
    Game Over Greggy is a sackless PC bitch. You shouldn't have to apologise for comedy.

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Game Over Greggy is a sackless PC bitch. You shouldn't have to apologise for comedy.
    Who said anything about... any of that? There were no demands on Colin to apologise as far as I know - he chose to leave of his own volition.

10. Post
    He's been on the politics slant for a while now, he'll be fine: extremely smart dude with a great camera presence.

His name also sounds like a dastardly villain, so he has that going for him as well

11. Post
    And to think this was only 2 years ago.

12. Post
    Matt M wrote:

Yea I don't think it was the tweet alone that made this happen i think things had been building up to this. if you watch the last few recent episodes of Ps I love you could see a bit of tension between Greg and Colin. Greg tries to brush it off it by being his witty self but but there have been a few moments in recent shows where I can tell Greg wasn't happy with a few things Colin has said. Its a shame to see this happen to two people who were apparently best friends I hope they are still friends and their friendship wasn't ruined by politics.

13. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I love how you continue to get away with disgusting comments like this.

:|

14. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    Who said anything about... any of that? There were no demands on Colin to apologise as far as I know - he chose to leave of his own volition.
    No, you're not getting it. Greg threw Colin under the bus by kowtowing to the PC whiners on Twitter, etc rather than having his friend's back.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	499.0 KB 
ID:	216691

jords wrote:
    I love how you continue to get away with disgusting comments like this.

:|
    Are you Greg's cousin or something? If you're triggered simply by someone's opinion of some other person that has nothing to do with you then I suggest that you get off the internet. You'll find no hugboxes online.

15. Post
    Geez all that over a joke. Pedantic much

16. Post
    "Ah. Peace and quiet.#ADayWithoutAWoman"

This was it? Jesus Christ.

17. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    No, you're not getting it. Greg threw Colin under the bus by kowtowing to the PC whiners on Twitter, etc rather than having his friend's back.
    He didn't throw anyone anywhere or kowtow to anyone - he expressed his opinion on the matter. You don't just have to automatically back up your mates - especially if you think they're being dicks.

EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Are you Greg's cousin or something? If you're triggered simply by someone's opinion of some other person that has nothing to do with you then I suggest that you get off the internet. You'll find no hugboxes online.
    I refuse to believe you typed that with a straight face

18. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Geez all that over a joke. Pedantic much
    Pretty much this.

Life's too short, people need to care less about dumb shit like this. #yolo etc.

19. Post
    Matt M wrote:
    He didn't throw anyone anywhere or kowtow to anyone - he expressed his opinion on the matter. You don't just have to automatically back up your mates - especially if you think they're being dicks.
    i bet you'd be the first one in line to get outraged if someone got suspended/fired/whatever for posting yet another dumb comment about trump or whatever else that is considered PC thing to do

20. Post
    Groowee wrote:
    i bet you'd be the first one in line to get outraged if someone got suspended/fired/whatever for posting yet another dumb comment about trump or whatever else that is considered PC thing to do
    Did you mean "whatever else that is not considered PC thing to do"?

Whatever the case, your hypothetical is far too general for me to respond to, and it addresses a different issue anyway because Colin wasn't fired - he chose to leave.

21. Post
    no, i meant what i wrote. colin posted something that many felt was not PC.

i'm saying that you'd be perfectly fine if someone got fired/suspended/whatever or "was made to leave on their own accord" if they said something that was considered PC. shitting on trump on twitter is something that is considered a PC thing to do. imagine if someone got fired or was made to leave because of that. you'd throw a little tantrum like a little child

22. Post
    the madman!
    i just had a look at his twitter account

Name:	colin.PNG 
Views:	53 
Size:	441.1 KB 
ID:	216703
    no wonder miller wanted him to quit posting this stuff
    he was obviously concerned that colin was alienating their audience

edit:
    holy shit this guy is great

Name:	colin 2.PNG 
Views:	51 
Size:	46.9 KB 
ID:	216704

23. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	112 
Size:	499.0 KB 
ID:	216691
    Are you even reading the same thing I just did? Firstly your own comment to Matt was that he forced him to apologize, but that never makes any implication Greg asked him to nor Colin never did. He just clearly states his own thoughts on it and it seems their discussion was their own otherwise.

Secondly the fourth paragraph alone directly implies Greg would rather have had Colin at PAX East and Colin himself decided to not go, and the last sentence seems to imply the future was to leave the gaming and politics separate - but clearly before Colin decided on his own to depart. He seems to be perfectly fine with having a difference of opinion, and it's the impact on keeping their own business afloat and just that's all this is.

Considering I actually know Colin from years ago at GameFAQ's - both of us were providing guides on there that ended up on IGN prior to him going IGN exclusive and shortly after taking on the guides editor role there about... phh I think almost 12 years ago or so... it's worth saying seeing these tweets, that he's completely the same as he was then on GameFAQ's and likely his whole time on IGN. Thing was on IGN he was accountable publicly on the site so he didn't say things like this for the impact on his job.

Thus I'm fairly certain Greg knows him well enough to have gone into a business venture to know what his outlook on life is.... I don't see this as pandering to flagrant PC complaints more than it is keeping your business and politics separate, regardless of humour just because it probably has a bottom line impact.

24. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    You're a great guy and I agree with all of your opinions on this matter.

Sorry, that was my attempt at comedy.

25. Post
    Colin did a great interview with Dave Rubin. Starts at 1:42.