20 story missions including the London level

3. Post
    Can't wait for that Easy Allies review.

4. Post
    What are stones good for? I figured out Salt can be used against monsters

5. Post
    zippy wrote:
    What are stones good for? I figured out Salt can be used against monsters
    Stones are basically used for pulling individual mobs out of a pack. They also seem to stun certain types of Oni, but I haven't done any testing to find out exactly which types.

One thing I really like about the armor ratings/equipment weight in this game is that anything short of 100% (red) is still perfectly viable to dodge with. There is no real 'fat roll' equivalent, and the poise you get from heavier armor makes hit trading viable against all human enemies. I think at higher levels, tanking might actually be viable in this game which is a huge plus over the Souls series for mine.

XSpike wrote:
    Chris are you able to go back to the Tower of London (starting mission) later in the game? Or any point you get to fight those soldiers again??
    Spoiler:

6. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    I think at higher levels, tanking might actually be viable in this game which is a huge plus over the Souls series for mine.
    what? Tanking is definitely viable in #1 and #2

7. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    what? Tanking is definitely viable in #1 and #2
    Meaning Demon's Souls and Dark Souls? If so, I strongly disagree. Tanking in the traditional sense is absolutely not viable in those games.

8. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    Meaning Demon's Souls and Dark Souls? If so, I strongly disagree. Tanking in the traditional sense is absolutely not viable in those games.
    I tanked my way through DS1.

9. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    no because Demon's Souls is not the first Dark Souls game. I can't count how many times I've heard people say full Havel's and Iron Flesh is the best strat for the 4 Kings, just an example off the top of my head.

10. Post
    w0lfbrains wrote:
    no because Demon's Souls is not the first Dark Souls game. I can't count how many times I've heard people say full Havel's and Iron Flesh is the best strat for the 4 Kings, just an example off the top of my head.
    It is however the first game in the Souls series.

Iron Flesh definitely made tanking more viable while active, however by virtue of being a limited buff I wouldn't consider that a play style in and of itself.

11. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    It is however the first game in the Souls series.

Iron Flesh definitely made tanking more viable while active, however by virtue of being a limited buff I wouldn't consider that a play style in and of itself.
    It's as connected to Dark Souls as System Shock is to Bioshock.

12. Post
    I'll admit my reading was a little off, I thought you said "which is a huge plus over the Dark Souls series for mine."

Poise doesn't exist in Demon's Souls and only limited weapons have hyper armor, while it does exist in Dark Souls I and II.

13. Post
    So is this sold out everywhere? Couldn't see it at jb in welly.

14. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    This is a great youtube review. Love the personality!
    This is the kind of review I needed to see to convince me to try Nioh. Acknowledges the similarities with the souls series while praising it's additions to the formula as opposed to insisting that the games are so vastly different coz reasons.

15. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I thought it was Ne-Yo.
    Well, this got me like..

16. Post
    Game feels more punishing but more rewarding in progression than Soulbornes to me, if that makes sense. I gotta stop level hording though, did the same on BB and ended up waltzing through lots of it.

Love how Yokai don't respawn so maze gates remain unlocked, so rewarding the mini boss fights, so fun.

Game is definitely on some excellent AI tip too, although some revenants wake up dumb, which I'm thankful for

Addictive AF this here game!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

17. Post
    yeah its fun, revived a revenant and he woke up and burned to death, another one woke up and got knocked off a cliff by some bats haha

18. Post
    Nioh is the quintessential Team Ninja experience;
    So does it have bouncing boobs in it or not? Even Ninja Gaiden had bouncing boobs.

19. Post
    So I'm finally finding my way in this game. There's quite a steep learning curve for the things that don't involve combat. Finally starting to understand the leveling and items and stuff

20. Post
    Loving Spear + Sword/Axe combo, Spear is so good for humans, only the other spear and Kuri users mess with it ever.

Beat the first Yokai boss on 2nd attempt, first go got him to about 2% health and got greedy and ran out of stam with 6 elixers left lol....those "I got you mother****er!" then next minute dead buzz

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

21. Post
    An amazing video done by Fextralife (Soulsborne experts, Good cats)

Gives an insight on the tumultuous year that was 1600 in Japan, so much stuff went down!