Page 4 of 4 First 1234

1. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    As a grown up adult why would I care what anyone else thinks? Why should anyone care one way or another? Hell gaming is mainstream now, so the only people judging would be older non-gamers and dickheads... and well who cares what they think?
    My comment was specifically aimed at the Switch. I would have no problem playing a PSP or Vita in public. The Switch is so large and looks like a toy. Plus when you combine that with playing something like Splatoon 2 you would look pretty dorky if you're a grown adult.

Also when I say public I mean like places where people are in close proximity like in a waiting room at the doctors or on the bus. Somewhere like the park is ok because no one will really notice.

2. Post
    Insomniac sounding like a broken record with the constant Nintendo hate parade. We get it man. Chill.

3. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    The 3DS and smartphones are ok because they are much smaller than the Switch so people wouldn't really notice. I wouldn't want to look like a total nerd whipping this out & playing Mario or Splatoon 2 in public lol
    I wouldn't give two shits about what people think of me whilst riding the bus/train.

I wouldn't take a console to somebody's party/misc social function however. "HEY GUYS, LET'S PLAY 1,2,SWITCH!" Ugh.

4. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    What? Smart Watches are awesome, and don't look out of place either. Looking at getting one myself.
    EVERYone knows when you're wearing a smart watch. At first it's like a cool conversation starter "Oh, you have one of those phone watches? What's it like?". Then after a while you're known as the 'fancy watch guy'. Then you realise it's just a glorified FitBit. One that you paid $500 for the privilege to be constantly switching off notifications about the weather or that the traffic is bad at peak time.

Smart watches are already nose diving in sales.

5. Post
    LOL!!!!
    Hard to argue though

6. Post
    Grifty wrote:
    Smart watches a bit like tablets, smartphones/PCs do everything that they do but you probably already have those because phones and computers are nigh necessary for living in modern first world society. It's really a redundant device.

The main place for tablets today are as entertainment toys/learning aid devices for children. I can't even begin to guess what place in the market smart watches will occupy in the future.

7. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Smart watches a bit like tablets, smartphones/PCs do everything that they do but you probably already have those because phones and computers are nigh necessary for living in modern first world society. It's really a redundant device.

The main place for tablets today are as entertainment toys/learning aid devices for children. I can't even begin to guess what place in the market smart watches will occupy in the future.
    Many (mid to high end range) tablets now come equipped with WACOM-based drawing facilities. In the graphic design/Illustration world these are YUGE.

8. Post
    Grifty wrote:
    Many (mid to high end range) tablets now come equipped with WACOM-based drawing facilities. In the graphic design/Illustration world these are YUGE.
    I know, but those uses are for specific professions, I'm talking specifically for the mainstream consumer. As an adult who wants an entertainment consumption device I'm not going to choose a tablet.

9. Post
    For me, a tablet is just for convenience when I'm in the lounge or bedroom. Anything serious or with a lot of typing I want to do will be done on my PC. As for a smart watch, I see no need for it personally as long as I can fit a phone in my pocket.

10. Post
    Grifty wrote:
    They are a bit niche but for me, invaluable.

I have an LG Gwatch R after upgrading from my Pebble, and it's brilliant - I DJ a lot in busy/noisy environments, so it's really helpful for notifications and such whilst working (especially at events where looking at your phone may seem unprofessional). It's also good at making me not crash since I simply must know who just holla'd at me when driving, so looking at my wrist is much safer than toying with my phone, unlocking, etc.

It also tells the time...which is fancy as ****

11. Post
    IST wrote:
    They are a bit niche but for me, invaluable.

I have an LG Gwatch R after upgrading from my Pebble, and it's brilliant - I DJ a lot in busy/noisy environments, so it's really helpful for notifications and such whilst working (especially at events where looking at your phone may seem unprofessional). It's also good at making me not crash since I simply must know who just holla'd at me when driving, so looking at my wrist is much safer than toying with my phone, unlocking, etc.

It also tells the time...which is fancy as ****
    I originally intended on getting it for two purposes. Driving and getting messages whilst in a meeting. However, the latter is unprofessional in a meeting (actually, looking at your phone in a meeting is more acceptable than looking at your watch). The former goes a little something like this...

*gets a message from partner, checks watch, goes to respond*
    Me: "Okay Google...message XXXX....'I'm on my way back now'."
    Watch: 'I've got a snack cow'. Sending...
    Me: *cancel*
    Me: "Okay Google....message XXXX....I'm ON - MY - WAY - BACK - NOW."
    Watch: '.......'
    Me: '......'
    Watch 'Try again'
    Me: 'F*ck it, it can wait'.

12. Post
    Grifty wrote:
    *gets a message from partner, checks watch, goes to respond*
    Me: "Okay Google...message XXXX....'I'm on my way back now'."
    Watch: 'I've got a snack cow'. Sending...
    Me: *cancel*
    Me: "Okay Google....message XXXX....I'm ON - MY - WAY - BACK - NOW."
    Watch: '.......'
    Me: '......'
    Watch 'Try again'
    Me: 'F*ck it, it can wait'.
    Really? Google Now voice recognition on my phone is pretty damn good.