1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Reminder: ESEA is the same company fined $1m for essentially installing malware into their client, allowing them to mine bitcoin for themselves on the app users' hardware. Quality company.

3. Post
    From ESEA's website

All ESEA user account passwords are using bcrypt, an industry best practice for securing passwords.
    I'd really take that with a grain of salt, particularly if they used MD5 tokens http://cynosureprime.blogspot.co.nz/...of-ashley.html.

TL;DR, I'd definitely take them up on their recommendation to change your password and if you've got the same pw on another site, change that too.

4. Post
    We take your security super seriously... oh.. wait.. itll cost 100k? **** em, they can change their passwords.

5. Post
    Did I miss the part where they warned the users about the intruder and told them to reset their passwords?

6. Post
    psyklone55 wrote:
    We take your security super seriously... oh.. wait.. itll cost 100k? **** em, they can change their passwords.
    It probably would have been released anyway tbh

7. Post
    Hmmm. that's ironic

8. Post
    CS is such a joke now, glad I got out when it was ending (Source).

9. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    Nah

10. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    Lol? People still pine for the days when <100k people were playing the game?

11. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    Please explain what you mean, because the game is bigger than it ever was in your rose tinted glasses

12. Post
    opaque wrote:
    Nah

wew posting an image while an esports event with this very game in question is on good hustle
    edit: with like 19 different restreams

Celticknife wrote:
    Lol? People still pine for the days when <100k people were playing the game?
    What does the number of players worldwide have to do with the enjoyment of the game? And I'm pretty sure you're just pulling figures out of your ass.

I am actually a retired CS 1.5/1.6 player of 2000-2004, before they started to veto maps, ruin maps like militia and cbble (cbble in particular visually and architecturally looks nothing like it did prior to CSGO), and veto maps like aztec and dust. I went to, and worked in Internet cafes around Auckland back then (as a teenager). Game never had a decent community that wasn't full raging autist cranked up to max except now it's uglier and full of non-content like skins and ###gambling###.

This is not even nostalgia talking, the game is simply a different game now. It was really a "you had to be there" sort of thing. CSGO is not Counter-Strike, it's CSGO.

13. Post
    Rose tinted glasses

14. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    Game never had a decent community that wasn't full raging autist cranked up to max
    ok tell me what popular game doesn't have this

15. Post
    Krichul wrote:
    What does the number of players worldwide have to do with the enjoyment of the game? And I'm pretty sure you're just pulling figures out of your ass.

I am actually a retired CS 1.5/1.6 player of 2000-2004, before they started to veto maps, ruin maps like militia and cbble (cbble in particular visually and architecturally looks nothing like it did prior to CSGO), and veto maps like aztec and dust. I went to, and worked in Internet cafes around Auckland back then (as a teenager). Game never had a decent community that wasn't full raging autist cranked up to max except now it's uglier and full of non-content like skins and ###gambling###.

This is not even nostalgia talking, the game is simply a different game now. It was really a "you had to be there" sort of thing. CSGO is not Counter-Strike, it's CSGO.
    I've been playing CS on and off since Beta 6.5, and you're very clearly blinded by nostalgia.

16. Post
    so why wasn't cs source that popular? i read ppl saying that cs was dying back then and csgo basically saved it

i only played 1.6 at its hay day and only returned to playing cs with csgo

17. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    I've been playing CS on and off since Beta 6.5, and you're very clearly blinded by nostalgia.
    I'm not, there is a reason why this website was originally called cstrike - it was an era, but it's different now. CSGO looks, sounds, feels and plays differently now. Or do we pretend like TF2's first few years did not exist? What about WoW, Diablo 2, etc?

The rose tinted glasses concept is a logical fallacy appealing to emotion and anecdotal so i'm not gonna bite.

Groowee wrote:
    ok tell me what popular game doesn't have this
    None of them, I'm just saying that game communities surrounding certain games can be considerably "toxic". CS always was, even when I played. Always has been, always will be.