Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Page 1 of 71 12341151 ... Last

1. Post

[N7] New Mass Effect Andromeda{no spoilers}

Name:  Mass_Effect_Andromeda_logo-630x278.png
Views: 647
Size:  22.2 KB

Last edited by jords; 3rd November 2016 at 2:25 pm.

2. Post
    Yes please

3. Post
    LET'S TALK ABOUT THE ENDING UNTIL THEN

4. Post
    As long as that Casey guy isnt let anywhere near the writing team.

5. Post
    Only got about 1/4 of the way through ME3 and lost motivation. Loved ME1 and 2 though.

6. Post
    Sheps done, iirc will be more games in the universe but it wont be 'Mass Effect 4'

Also no more clusterf**k on the writing front. Epic way to screw a good story at the post.

7. Post
    Loved ME1-3. More exploring like ME1.

8. Post
    Some of my fav games ever, keen as a razor blade.

9. Post
    AC SLATER wrote:
    LET'S TALK ABOUT THE ENDING UNTIL THEN
    Let's please not. I really dislike the hyperbolic hate it gets.

Anyway,

SO HYPE.

10. Post
    Keen on Frostbite.

11. Post
    Imagine this game with frostbite instead of unreal......nice
    I really hope we get a more low class story instead of epic universe saving story. I would love to spend a game set entirely on Omega or something. Getting tired of games where you are the most important person in the universe.

12. Post
    ^ I agree with this, and I'd like there to be some much more fleshed out planets instead of heaps of tiny ones, but I still love the idea of traveling around the universe

13. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Let's please not. I really dislike the hyperbolic hate it gets.

Anyway,

SO HYPE.
    What about the genuine hate it gets? Or do you just dislike that the majority of fans don't share your love for said ending?

I found ME3 to be by far the best game in the series, all the way up until the final run to Harbinger. I have actually replayed the game, stopped there and let Marauder Shields kill me. So much more satisfying.

On another subject, i would also appreciate a low universe story. Just inject lots of Aria.

14. Post
    1. I adore Mass Effect, the trilogy/world/lore/stories... it's truly my #1 Gaming and Science Fiction franchise.

2. I really enjoyed the ending, especially with the extended cut (I was more just confused.. then indoctrinated... then enjoyed it) - ME3 with all the DLC/EC added, notably Citadel and Omega, is truly a brilliant experience.

3. I liked scanning planets....

Bring on another Mass Effect game, with this and Inquisition on the horizon; Bioware are starting to evoke that sense of "oohhhh" hype I love so much.

15. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    On another subject, i would also appreciate a low universe story. Just inject lots of Aria.
    This is an interesting idea for many reasons, I take it by low universe you mean the underworld and such... could play a smuggler based on 'New Elysium', dealing contraband for Aria; who's now based in an upgraded Omega.... obviously set years after the Reaper war, in a 'mostly rebuilt' ME universe.

I also wouldn't mind a game based on the First Contact War.

/waitsforprequelhate.

16. Post
    There was always too much depth in the ME universe (and too much money on the table) for there not to be another game.

The thing about the ending of ME3 was that it was the ENDING meaning you can still enjoy the game up to that point (OK the final gauntlet run was pretty tedious too...)

17. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    What about the genuine hate it gets? Or do you just dislike that the majority of fans don't share your love for said ending?

I found ME3 to be by far the best game in the series, all the way up until the final run to Harbinger. I have actually replayed the game, stopped there and let Marauder Shields kill me. So much more satisfying.

Genuine hate can be hyperbolic, and I never said that I loved it. I'm just sick of the essay-length criticisms of it that people cite time and again when talking about how bad it was, which often contain so many inaccuracies and bullshit themselves, I find it a bit ridiculous.

Aaaanyway, ME3 definitely had the best level design and combat of the series, there were some great moments in there. My main fault with the gameplay of the 3rd was the lack of variation in the enemies after a certain point compared with the others, but I guess that can be a difficult thing to balance when there's only two real adversaries.

18. Post
    Aria's a dick, more Garrus please

19. Post

Pinkman is at Bioware now?

20. Post
    I am wondering what classes will go and what new ones they have up there sleeve.

21. Post
    After Mass Effect 3, can't say I'm really keen. I'll wait until after launch and see what kind of shitstorm ensues before I go spending any money.

Unless they announce Garrus as the main character. Then I'd start screaming like a little girl whilst tossing 20 dollar notes at the screen.

22. Post
    Played ME1.
    Hated it

/exits thread

23. Post
    jords wrote:
    I am wondering what classes will go and what new ones they have up there sleeve.
    Vanguard all day baby.

24. Post
    Never cared for Garrus. He's so bland, it hurts. Not as bad as Jacob though.

How about a hard boiled detective story where you chase Morinth all over Omega trying to stop her serial Hipster murders. They could explain in detail how she gets Wraithed by the Reapers in the process.

25. Post
    ME1 was great. Good story, solid if flawed RPG mechanics
    ME2 has an awesome story but shifted too far away from its RPG roots,, ejecting rather the refining or improving mechanics.
    ME3 brought back many of the RPG elements and improved the game play greatly, and was epic until the final act which shit itself with a multitude of contradictions, errors,, unfinished plot elements, and a finale that undermined all the choice presented up til that point.

There is a lot to like about the franchise and mistakes have been made, but it seems at least the BiowEAr is listening and bringing things back in line with DAIII, so hopefull the new ME games will avoid the potholes they stumbled over with both franchises moving forward.

Also Jack is a goddess. Easily the best character and sexy as hell. Find me one of those irl (minus the homicidal tendencies) and I would be very very happy.