1. Post

Prey 2 confirmed

Prey 2 reprise your role as Tommy, the native warrior who saved Earth from alien invasion in Prey. This time, abandoned and framed for
    Spoiler:
    , Tommy escapes an Earth that no longer wants him for a future that cannot survive without him. Building on the mind-bending portal and gravity-defying gameplay of the original with several innovative new twists, Prey 2 promises to once again take players into a compelling science-fiction world with breathtaking visuals and adrenaline-pumping action gameplay. Prey 2 is currently being developed in cooperation with Human Head studios and slated for Xbox 360 and PC platforms.
    source

Scott also spoke in some detail about Prey 2, giving some previous unknown detail about that title.

IGN: Prey is obviously the most well-known franchise of the bunch. Since the original's release, we've also played a little game called Portal. Has said title's use of portals influenced how the technology is being used in Prey 2?

Miller: Absolutely! While Prey pioneered the portal concept, Valve's Portal took it to an all-new level. It really shows what you can do when you focus on a single core cool gameplay concept. So, while Portal impressed the heck out of us, it has also inspired us to return the favor to Valve and hopefully leap frog them as they did us. We believe we have new ideas for portals that will keep the portal race interesting.

In the original Prey, the lead character, Tommy, was too reluctant, and didn't realize his hero status until late in the game. So, in the new game we're making him a hardened, take-charge character who's learned fast from his previous experience, and ready to accept his status as a galactic savior. We're definitely beefing up the combat—expect more enemies onscreen simultaneously versus 3-4 in the original—as well as the spirit powers. And while the original was too much of a corridor shooter, Prey 2 will have much more variety and wide-open areas: think CoD4 to get a good idea of what we're shooting for in terms of open-world look and feel.
    source

2. Post
    yeah i loved prey much better than doom3,

lol @ "While Prey pioneered the portal concept" wasn't it nebecular drop that pioneered by the guys/girls who valve hired to make portal

3. Post
    huntakillaz wrote:
    yeah i loved prey much better than doom3,

lol @ "While Prey pioneered the portal concept" wasn't it nebecular drop that pioneered by the guys/girls who valve hired to make portal
    Nah, Quake did.

But back 12 years ago or so, when the original Prey and its graphics engine were in development, it's main touted innovation was the implementation of portals. Prey had been cancelled and restarted a number of times over the years.

4. Post
    Prey was really lame, that whole gravity reversal thing didn't impress me at all. Seeing yourself through a portal was cool, but that's about it. The game was killed by the way you recharged your health and spirit power after you died.

5. Post
    I thought that bit was cool. I enjoyed Prey a lot. I actually got a bit dizzy sometimes with all the gravity changes. Good fun

6. Post
    i enjoyed prey alot too, with the whole character swearing and talking ^^

7. Post
    And while the original was too much of a corridor shooter, Prey 2 will have much more variety and wide-open areas: think CoD4 to get a good idea of what we're shooting for in terms of open-world look and feel.
    This will make it worth it imo + portal tech

good find eva

8. Post
    May 6th release date. System Shock spiritual successor without lame Ken Levine let's go!

9. Post
    Can we not use the Prey 2 thread to promote a COMPLETELY unrelated game?
    Start a new thread.

10. Post
    bethesda the publisher > bethesda game dev

11. Post
    Looks good, never played a Prey before so will start here.

12. Post
    jords wrote:
    Looks good, never played a Prey before
    It has literally nothing to do with the 2006 Prey game so no worries there.

13. Post

14. Post
    Prey is looking pretty great from early looks - very claustrophobic.

I may play it with a bottle of Chivas 18 y/o.... either a really good idea or terrible one, can't decide

15. Post
    I'm getting pretty excited for this. I'm playing through Dishonored 2 at the moment and their world-building and gameplay systems are just so good. I like how emergent Prey is looking in terms of how you can approach most situations, very Bioshock-y.

16. Post
    Looks beautiful, Arkane really have become a stellar studio.

17. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    I'm getting pretty excited for this. I'm playing through Dishonored 2 at the moment and their world-building and gameplay systems are just so good. I like how emergent Prey is looking in terms of how you can approach most situations, very Bioshock-y.
    Dishonored 2 is amazeballls